News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Hamilton Cancellation Line- Page 119

Hamilton Cancellation Line

mcdonke
#2950Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/27/16 at 11:52am

I am glad to see I wasn't the only one disappointed by the number of principals out on Saturday. I couldn't believe four understudies were on only 2 weeks post-Tony and 2 weeks prior to three of them leaving the show. I assume it was to rest prior to the filming but I was very frustrated. That's theatre for you, I know, and I'm still glad I got to see it but it did not hold a candle to seeing the full cast in February. My husband was totally underwhelmed as a first-timer. And, yes, I realize where this kind of let down fits in the grand scheme of things :)

One up side was Daveed, Oak and Anthony seemed to have upped game (which I didn't think possible) - even more outstanding performances than the first time I saw the show! 

ashk8177
#2951Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/27/16 at 1:17pm

If anyone is planning to brave the line on Wed or Thurs of this week I will happily pay for your ticket in exchange for being your +1 and securing two. They disbanded the line for Tuesday so people won't be able to line up until Wed. at 10am (or so they said on Saturday). Please message me if you have any questions or are interested. Thanks!

rangersrule132
#2952Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/27/16 at 1:43pm

ashk8177 said: "If anyone is planning to brave the line on Wed or Thurs of this week I will happily pay for your ticket in exchange for being your +1 and securing two. They disbanded the line for Tuesday so people won't be able to line up until Wed. at 10am (or so they said on Saturday). Please message me if you have any questions or are interested. Thanks!

"

The line is worth more than just a ticket now

#2953Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/27/16 at 11:26pm

Hello my board friends! Does anyone know how much scalpers are selling tickets for outside the theater just before showtime? I've been saving money since december! 

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#2954Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/28/16 at 12:51am

nrubanobroadway said: "Hello my board friends! Does anyone know how much scalpers are selling tickets for outside the theater just before showtime? I've been saving money since december! "

The guy I recognize from Wicked days normally goes there when the patrons start lining up around 45 mins before start time and he goes around asking people if they have extra tickets to sell. I believe he offers face value and then negotiates.  He then resells those tickets for at least 2x the face value and go from there. Obviously if the tickets are still unsold after the show has started, the ticket price will go down and more wiggle room to negotiate.

I thought you were going to do the cancellation line earlier this month, nrubano? Good luck!

Robbyne
#2955Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/28/16 at 3:27am

ashk8177 said: "If anyone is planning to brave the line on Wed or Thurs of this week I will happily pay for your ticket in exchange for being your +1 and securing two. They disbanded the line for Tuesday so people won't be able to line up until Wed. at 10am (or so they said on Saturday). Please message me if you have any questions or are interested. Thanks!

Are you serious? I am trying for Wednesday hopefully, and I am going alone and only need one ticket for myself. I'm new to this site, but very interested. Let me know if you still are. 

"

Robbyne
#2956Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/28/16 at 3:33am

Wick3 said: "nrubanobroadway said: "Hello my board friends! Does anyone know how much scalpers are selling tickets for outside the theater just before showtime? I've been saving money since december! "

The guy I recognize from Wicked days normally goes there when the patrons start lining up around 45 mins before start time and he goes around asking people if they have extra tickets to sell. I believe he offers face value and then negotiates.  He then resells those tickets for at least 2x the face value and go from there. Obviously if the tickets are still unsold after the show has started, the ticket price will go down and more wiggle room to negotiate.

I thought you were going to do the cancellation line earlier this month, nrubano? Good luck!

"

Would any any of you who have gotten tickets please be gracious enough to suggest your opinions on the best way to try and get a ticket?

I think I may try the cancellation line, but I am also curious if people have actually been able to get tickets the way they are mentioned in the above post.

Is it actually possible to buy a ticket from someone outside the theater like that? If so, can you know for sure that the ticket is legit? 

Anyone who can explain a little more about how the cancellation line works? If you're willing to stay and sleep there, do you eventually end up with a ticket?

i would greatly appreciate any info or help! Thank you so much! 

#2957Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/28/16 at 12:11pm

Wick3 said "I thought you were going to do the cancellation line earlier this month, nrubano? Good luck!"

Thanks! and yeah after the jump from 2 days to 5 days,, I knew I couldn't wait. I plan on going next week on Tuesday to scalp some tix. (Only problem..... the cast list for my production of HSM and rehearsal happen earlier that afternoon!!) I will post results about tickets!!

#2958Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/28/16 at 12:11pm

Wick3 said "I thought you were going to do the cancellation line earlier this month, nrubano? Good luck!"

Thanks! and yeah after the jump from 2 days to 5 days,, I knew I couldn't wait. I plan on going next week on Tuesday to scalp some tix. (Only problem..... the cast list for my production of HSM and rehearsal happen earlier that afternoon!!) I will post results about tickets!!

rjm516
#2959Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/28/16 at 12:23pm

I can't believe the people leaving in like a week were all out the same time. Could they all have been super run down or sick? I feel like all the diehard performers of past decades would otherwise be like, "you took a show off...to rest before filming?" while clucking their tongues.

aaaaaa15
#2960Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/28/16 at 12:27pm

How much would people complain if one of them had lost their voice and not been able to take part in the filming? If they were feeling overly tired or on the edge of illness then it was the right thing to do so that the filming could get done with as few issues as possible. Anyway I assume Lin took it as his performance off, as Javier is on vacation.

Updated On: 6/28/16 at 12:27 PM

sydney16
#2961Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/28/16 at 12:28pm

Does anyone know if there's a Ham4Ham tomorrow?

aaaaaa15
#2962Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/28/16 at 12:30pm

Is there a reason why there wouldn't be?

vomsy Profile Photo
vomsy
#2963Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/28/16 at 12:31pm

In case anyone is curious what went down with the line last week before it was cleared for filming, someone on Tumblr wrote up their experience here in full: http://uzumakinarootos.tumblr.com/post/146503373268/my-hamilton-cancellation-line-experience-and-how. It sounds like total chaos and is definitely a little upsetting. My brother and I are heading up to do the line tomorrow evening and this has me veeeery nervous about how the RRT will be handling things from now on. I'll be curious to see what happens as the line starts to re-form tomorrow morning. (On a side note, I love the "Hamilcamp" name the line apparently gave itself, I hope it sticks.)

aaaaaa15
#2964Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/28/16 at 12:32pm

Oh vomsy, you missed an entire 14-page thread on that Tumblr post.

vomsy Profile Photo
vomsy
#2965Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/28/16 at 12:39pm

aaaaaa15 said: "Oh vomsy, you missed an entire 14-page thread on that Tumblr post."

I found that thread right after posting my comment, lol. I was actually going to come back in here and edit my comment since I feel a little silly now. This has been the only thread I really only come on to check updates in this specific thread and based on some of the comments in the other thread, that may have been the wise choice lol.

sydney16
#2966Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/28/16 at 12:40pm

aaaaaa15 said: "Is there a reason why there wouldn't be?"

I just wanted to make sure.

aaaaaa15
#2967Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/28/16 at 12:46pm

Well they could always cancel it last minute, but as far as anyone knows there will be one.

Don't worry about it vomsy!

broadwayfever
#2968Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/28/16 at 2:04pm

vomsy said: "My brother and I are heading up to do the line tomorrow evening and this has me veeeery nervous about how the RRT will be handling things from now on. I'll be curious to see what happens as the line starts to re-form tomorrow morning."

It's really not worth staying overnight anymore being that the security guard's have already said that they will be picking people randomly to get into the cancellation line every day. They also said that they will no longer be recognizing any lists or videos that we make. 

metalmeatwad
#2969Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/28/16 at 2:04pm

Are the tickets from people who don't claim their lottery tickets in time just going to go back on sale at the box office at 5?

vomsy Profile Photo
vomsy
#2970Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/28/16 at 2:13pm

broadwayfever said: "vomsy said: "My brother and I are heading up to do the line tomorrow evening and this has me veeeery nervous about how the RRT will be handling things from now on. I'll be curious to see what happens as the line starts to re-form tomorrow morning."

It's really not worth staying overnight anymore being that the security guard's have already said that they will be picking people randomly to get into the cancellation line every day. They also said that they will no longer be recognizing any lists or videos that we make. 
"

We're pretty much hoping they won't be sticking to this new policy and if they are, well we have a hotel booked anyway so we'll just hang around before showtime each night, enter the lottery every day and hope for the best. We're prepared for the worst and if nothing works out at least this policy of picking randoms means we can get "out of line" to go see something else.

luv2dance23
#2971Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/28/16 at 3:51pm

I'm joining the line Thursday afternoon, if anyone would like be line buddies or my +1 in exchange for paying for my ticket message me! Good luck to all my fellow hamilfans! Hopefully the line will return to running smoothly after all the recent drama. I also want to thank all posters on this thread for sharing your information and experiences 

UPDATE: Someone has claimed my +1, thanks all! Still open if anyone else sitting in line just wants a buddy to sit with :)

Updated On: 6/28/16 at 03:51 PM

CercleRouge Profile Photo
CercleRouge
#2972Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/28/16 at 4:19pm

luv2dance23 said: "I'm joining the line Thursday afternoon, if anyone would like be line buddies or my +1 in exchange for paying for my ticket message me! Good luck to all my fellow hamilfans! Hopefully the line will return to running smoothly after all the recent drama. I also want to thank all posters on this thread for sharing your information and experiences"

Sent you a PM!

metalmeatwad
#2973Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/28/16 at 5:35pm

*cries*

Always a few seconds too late when I see someone offering. Been dying to try the cancellation line, but I can never get the op because of work to commit so much time waiting. If anyone is planning to wait, I'd happily buy your ticket for you.

hoping for tickets
#2974Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/28/16 at 10:47pm

Hi all,

I am wondering if any of you With ham cancellation line expirence could help me out! I am wondering what you think the possibility of me going to the cancellation line tomorrow and getting tickets for the same day ? I know that the cancellation line has been closed for a couple of days now and I was wondering if it was worth it and if you can give me and tips/advice as this is my first time trying the cancellation line!!! Plus do you have to be 18 in order to wait in line and buy the tickets ??? Thank you all in advance!

Updated On: 6/28/16 at 10:47 PM

Videos