News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Hamilton Cancellation Line- Page 120

Hamilton Cancellation Line

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#2975Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/28/16 at 10:50pm

Here's a pic of the crowd waiting to run across the street when the show let out tonight, so they could  line up.

Robbyne
#2976Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/28/16 at 11:16pm

Jordan Catalano said: "Here's a pic of the crowd waiting to run across the street when the show let out tonight, so they could  line up.

"

You seriously just gave me a heart attack!! Omg

genabasha
#2977Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/28/16 at 11:36pm

Updated On: 6/29/16 at 11:36 PM

vomsy Profile Photo
vomsy
#2978Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/29/16 at 9:44am

Has anyone walked by the line this morning? Based on some pics from Twitter it looks like the RRT didn't end up enforcing the "no re-forming until 10 am Wednesday" policy after all and I'm curious how many people have hopped in line.

brdway411
#2979Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/29/16 at 10:04am

They might have the line go away like they did on Saturday and then pick people at random. There is an in person lottery today.

aaaaaa15
#2980Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/29/16 at 10:06am

I wish people would start following the theatre's rules. Maybe they'd respect the cancellation line more.

vomsy Profile Photo
vomsy
#2981Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/29/16 at 10:08am

aaaaaa15 said: "I wish people would start following the theatre's rules. Maybe they'd respect the cancellation line more."

Yeah, I agree. Apparently the folks who lined up last night lined up across the street to kind of get around the RRT's policy. To my mind, it's difficult to argue that the theater should honor the line's self-imposed rules if the line isn't going to honor the theater's actual rules.

metalmeatwad
#2982Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/29/16 at 10:22am

People shouldn't be mad now when the theater picks people at random tonight to get in. Respect RRT's rules.

meepsnyc
#2983Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/29/16 at 10:25am

So when the staff is picking people at random, are they picking people to stay in the line to wait further or picking people for the actual available tickets?

Jennabee
#2984Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/29/16 at 10:27am

genabasha said: "Hi all, I'm a little late coming back to this thread, I spent a lot of last week in the line. I'm really sorry to hear this business about the system not being honored, it worked so so well when i was there a few days ago. I got to see the show after 68 hours, both the line experience and the show made it so incredibly worth it and i would certainly do it again. I've documented my experience in its entirety if anyone is interested. It's long, but contains everything you need to know and more, and i think that you'll enjoy the read. I can't say how thankful all the info on here was for the past several weeks. I really appreciate it. Best of luck to everyone.

http://www.genabjones.com/hamilton-cancellation-line
"

That was a great read -- so happy for you!  (I've given up on New York but managed Chicago tickets!)

vomsy Profile Photo
vomsy
#2985Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/29/16 at 10:38am

meepsnyc said: "So when the staff is picking people at random, are they picking people to stay in the line to wait further or picking people for the actual available tickets?"

Based on what people who were there said, over the weekend staff picked 20 people at random to stay in line directly prior to the show and cancellation tickets went to those 20 regardless of where they had previously been in line. Some people who had been in line for 4+ days went home empty handed while people who just showed up that afternoon got in. There's no guarantee this is how it will continue from now on but I'm sure we'll know by this afternoon following the matinee.

MISH2 Profile Photo
MISH2
#2986Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/29/16 at 11:05am

genabasha said: "Hi all, I'm a little late coming back to this thread, I spent a lot of last week in the line. I'm really sorry to hear this business about the system not being honored, it worked so so well when i was there a few days ago. I got to see the show after 68 hours, both the line experience and the show made it so incredibly worth it and i would certainly do it again. I've documented my experience in its entirety if anyone is interested. It's long, but contains everything you need to know and more, and i think that you'll enjoy the read. I can't say how thankful all the info on here was for the past several weeks. I really appreciate it. Best of luck to everyone.

http://www.genabjones.com/hamilton-cancellation-line

Beautifully written!  I'm getting all teary-eyed myself!

genabasha
#2987Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/29/16 at 11:10am

Updated On: 6/29/16 at 11:10 AM

CercleRouge Profile Photo
CercleRouge
#2988Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/29/16 at 11:57am

Does anyone know if today's matinee at 2pm will have the full cast performing?

Brophie
#2989Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/29/16 at 12:20pm

Nicely written, until you got to the part about finding religion because you scored a ticket to Hamilton??!  That was just fatuous and ridiculous.  Made you look like a moron.

genabasha
#2990Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/29/16 at 12:22pm

Updated On: 6/29/16 at 12:22 PM

MyFavoriteBrunette Profile Photo
MyFavoriteBrunette
#2991Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/29/16 at 1:06pm

Hamilton Cancellation Linevomsy said: Apparently the folks who lined up last night lined up across the street to kind of get around the RRT's policy. 

They would have had to anyway because unlike other nights, there was no way they could line up anywhere near the theater last night.  Getting out was one of the more challenging night's I've encountered.

mailhandler777
#2992Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/29/16 at 3:23pm

What a long winded read. Hatred for people who could hire line sitters??? Shoving your way into your seats??? Sitting in a Starbucks for 8+ hours. No showering for 3 days. Bet y'all smelled good after that. 

Hi, I'm Val. Formerly DefyGravity777(I believe)

gatorgirl2
#2993Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/29/16 at 3:39pm

genabasha great post! I was actually at that ham4ham so I probably saw you in line! Lol

I'm glad you had such a great experience even with the wait being so long. I feel ya on the line sitter thing too. They don't even seem to make sense money wise now with the wait being what it is. 

You probably should have over emphasized the steps you took to freshen up. People on here seem to refuse to grasp the concept that you can use these new inventions like deodorant and even baby wipes and not smell when you get into the theater.  cheeky

Updated On: 6/29/16 at 03:39 PM

mailhandler777
#2994Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/29/16 at 3:48pm

Baby wipes is not a shower. Also unwashed hair for 3 days...ewwww. 

genabasha
#2995Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/29/16 at 3:48pm

Updated On: 6/29/16 at 03:48 PM

genabasha
#2996Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/29/16 at 3:52pm

Updated On: 6/29/16 at 03:52 PM

mailhandler777
#2997Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/29/16 at 3:58pm

8 hours is not several hours. You're loitering and taking up seats from other customers. Took me possibly 5 minutes to read it. I'm not jealous of someone that spent 68hrs on the street. I've been on this thread since it's started so no trolling from me. As for having time on my hands I work a full time job plus take care of a house and family. Unlike you who has time on your hands to spend 3 days on the streets of NYC.

Honey I'm definitely not angry or jealous of you or anyone that does this line. 

MinnieFay
#2998Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/29/16 at 4:01pm

You probably should have over emphasized the steps you took to freshen up. People on here seem to refuse to grasp the concept that you can use these new inventions like deodorant and even baby wipes and not smell when you get into the theater.  

Deodorant + baby wipes = a whore's bath.  Plus I don't care how great your deodorant is --- it ain't lasting for 3+ days on the sidewalks of NYC! in 85 degree heat!!

"

mailhandler777
#2999Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/29/16 at 4:04pm

genabasha said: "gatorgirl2 said: " genabasha great post! I was actually at that ham4ham so I probably saw you in line! Lol

I'm glad you had such a great experience even with the wait being so long. I feel ya on the line sitter thing too. They don't even seem to make sense money wise now with the wait being what it is. 

You probably should have over emphasized the steps you took to freshen up. People on here seem to refuse to grasp the concept that you can use these new inventions like deodorant and even baby wipes and not smell when you get into the theater.  cheeky

"

People on here really just need to mind their damn business and stop trolling, lol. *I don't even see how you can hate from outside of the Richard Rodgers... when you can't even get in!* :) xo
"

You just joined yesterday and don't know what trolling is. People have been here for over 10 years posting. 

Updated On: 6/29/16 at 04:04 PM

Videos