News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Hamilton Cancellation Line- Page 117

Hamilton Cancellation Line

rangersrule132
#2900Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/22/16 at 10:59pm

chilly said: "Is there anyone out there in the field that can provide an updated line/wait time/ticket distribution status?

i just saw a tweet that spoke of a 4 day and counting wait! yikes!

"

From what I found out today it still seems like a 2-3 night wait. The list that they go by is up to almost 100 people that are in the line that have to disperse after the first 20. 

lelee092
#2901Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/23/16 at 9:47am

They've been moving us around a lot, line has dwindled to about 35 this morning, the list seems to keep things organize...the line is deff a 3night wait at this point tho

allthatjazz3
#2902Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/23/16 at 11:56am

Is there a most "ideal" time of day to show up for the line? We are arriving on a saturday evening and I wasn't sure if we should head straight to the line or wait until sunday to line up. 

broadwayfever
#2903Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/23/16 at 1:27pm

allthatjazz3 said: "Is there a most "ideal" time of day to show up for the line? We are arriving on a saturday evening and I wasn't sure if we should head straight to the line or wait until sunday to line up."

Being that there's no show on Monday, i would show up Sunday after the show is over

#2904Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/24/16 at 12:44am

Anybody know what tix go for from scalpers outside the theater minutes before the show?

#2905Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/24/16 at 12:11pm

Question for the people who have waited overnight in the line: Once you do get tickets, what do you do with all your stuff? Especially if you get tickets right before the show starts. People are talking about using air mattresses and sleeping bags and what not - y'all don't just walk in with that stuff do you?

Wee Thomas2 Profile Photo
Wee Thomas2
#2906Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/24/16 at 12:40pm

rangersrule132
#2907Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/24/16 at 1:24pm

joycekm said: "Question for the people who have waited overnight in the line: Once you do get tickets, what do you do with all your stuff? Especially if you get tickets right before the show starts. People are talking about using air mattresses and sleeping bags and what not - y'all don't just walk in with that stuff do you?

"

What I did was, I left my stuff for the people who were behind me in line that didn't have anything to sleep with or that can be used later. I got my stuff cheap at a thrift store so I really didn't care for it that much

Emma MK
#2908Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/24/16 at 2:40pm

joycekm said: "Question for the people who have waited overnight in the line: Once you do get tickets, what do you do with all your stuff? Especially if you get tickets right before the show starts. People are talking about using air mattresses and sleeping bags and what not - y'all don't just walk in with that stuff do you?"

I just had a sleeping bag that rolled up really small and put it in my backpack.

Poconopanther
#2909Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/24/16 at 4:43pm

rangersrule132 said: "MyFavoriteBrunette said: "I saw the sign.  People were posing with it for photos on Saturday when my husband and I walked passed the RRT

I am happy the line itself has become a happening. I stood in it two different times (8 hours in February and 3 hours in late April). I was super lucky and got a ticket off a tourist. But... To be honest, I enjoyed the line almost as much as the show.

i walked by the line late last Friday afternoon and it seemed reallllly long. 

Anyway... Good luck to all!

Hamilton rox
#2910Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/24/16 at 9:23pm

Is it true that Lin is performing this Sunday?

rangersrule132
#2911Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/24/16 at 9:24pm

Hamilton rox said: "Is it true that Lin is performing this Sunday?

" are you seeing it Sunday?

Hamilton rox
#2912Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/24/16 at 9:33pm

I heard a rumor that he might be performing and I was wondering if he ever does on Sunday and then not perform another day of the week. 

ashk8177
#2913Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/24/16 at 11:12pm

Some people that got there Tuesday got in tonight (i think standing room), but most did not. 11 tickets went out tonight.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#2914Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/24/16 at 11:21pm

If I were a theatergoer who had paid an exorbitant amount of money for tickets to Hamilton, I think I'd be mighty annoyed if I ended up sitting next to someone who hadn't showered for three days and had been essentially living like a homeless person. 

Updated On: 6/24/16 at 11:21 PM

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#2915Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/25/16 at 12:03am

I've been saying that and the responses are basically "Shut up! It's Hamilton! They'll get over it! Who cares?! It's all about fun!"

But seriously, if you've been sleeping outside in NYC in the middle of summer for three days and sit next to someone who paid a thousand dollars...

Emma MK
#2916Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/25/16 at 4:54am

adamgreer said: "If I were a theatergoer who had paid an exorbitant amount of money for tickets to Hamilton, I think I'd be mighty annoyed if I ended up sitting next to someone who hadn't showered for three days and had been essentially living like a homeless person. "

It seriously makes me laugh how many people on here seems to think that everyone who stands in line has no idea about hygiene XD Like seriously? You really think that people who stand in line dont have ways of keeping clean? I did 67.5 hours last week and had a hostel booked for the 3 days i was in line. I may not have slept there but I showered every day as well as cleaning my teeth at my hostel. You are allowed to leave the line for short times you know XD Its not like youre not allowed to leave and have to pee in a communal bucket and wash by spitting on your hands lol

People who had booked rooms often let others who didnt go and use their shower and or bed for short times because everyone looks out for each other. Its frowned upon if you leave for like 4 hours or whatever but taking a shower doesnt take that long and most people are pretty understanding. I know most people (myself included) went off and showered and changed right before the show when it looked likely that you would get in.

Updated On: 6/25/16 at 04:54 AM

kbeth
#2917Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/25/16 at 8:12am

Emma MK said: "adamgreer said: "If I were a theatergoer who had paid an exorbitant amount of money for tickets to Hamilton, I think I'd be mighty annoyed if I ended up sitting next to someone who hadn't showered for three days and had been essentially living like a homeless person. "

It seriously makes me laugh how many people on here seems to think that everyone who stands in line has no idea about hygiene XD Like seriously? You really think that people who stand in line dont have ways of keeping clean? I did 67.5 hours last week and had a hostel booked for the 3 days i was in line. I may not have slept there but I showered every day as well as cleaning my teeth at my hostel. You are allowed to leave the line for short times you know XD Its not like youre not allowed to leave and have to pee in a communal bucket and wash by spitting on your hands lol

People who had booked rooms often let others who didnt go and use their shower and or bed for short times because everyone looks out for each other. Its frowned upon if you leave for like 4 hours or whatever but taking a shower doesnt take that long and most people are pretty understanding. I know most people (myself included) went off and showered and changed right before the show when it looked likely that you would get in.

"

Yes, thank you. I mean, yeah you get a little grimy from hanging out outside all day, but all of us have been showering and staying clean.

ashk8177
#2918Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/25/16 at 3:51pm

There were 4 understudies on in lead roles for today's matinee (Lin, Chris, Phillipa, and Leslie were all out, with Rua in for Lin). Not sure how typical that is for Sat. matinee, but just wanted to pass that along. Hope at least some of them are back in business for this evening!

CercleRouge Profile Photo
CercleRouge
#2919Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/25/16 at 3:55pm

Honestly I can't imagine the disappoint of people who paid exorbitant amounts for these tickets. 

Bossyman
#2920Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/25/16 at 4:18pm

Yep, my friend paid $1300 for a single tic for her daughter this afternoon.   She is devastated.  

Emma MK
#2921Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/25/16 at 4:30pm

ashk8177 said: "There were 4 understudies on in lead roles for today's matinee (Lin, Chris, Phillipa, and Leslie were all out, with Rua in for Lin). Not sure how typical that is for Sat. matinee, but just wanted to pass that along. Hope at least some of them are back in business for this eveningz"

Thats a shame! I saw the matinee last Saturday and the whole cast was in.

ashk8177
#2922Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/25/16 at 6:07pm

I just heard from my line buddy and there is more bad news. People in the line were told they had to disperse when the show started and reform the line at 5:30. Around 4:45 the employee picked 20 people somewhat randomly and did not honor the original list they had been carefully keeping since Tuesday. So basically it seems people who just joined the line today are getting in over people who have been there since Tuesday. They are not doing a line on Sunday or Tuesday either, he said. I don't understand how they can switch the rules mid-day like that. My heart goes out to everyone who lost their spot today after a 4 day wait )-:

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#2923Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/25/16 at 6:13pm

May God bless and look down on them in this, their time of need and sorrow. 

ashk8177
#2924Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/25/16 at 6:19pm

Jordan Catalano said: "May God bless and look down on them in this, their time of need and sorrow. 

Haha, I didn't meant to be overdramatic. There are obviously more sad and worse things in the world than this, but that doesn't mean you can't also feel bad for those who traveled 10 hours to try for this and would have had tickets tonight if not for a last minute rule change. 

Videos