News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Hamilton Cancellation Line- Page 118

Hamilton Cancellation Line

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#2925Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/25/16 at 7:04pm

I walk by the Richard Rodgers every Saturday and Sunday morning. The outside of the theatre has turned into a campsite. It is hard to even get through on the sidewalk.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

chi-town_bwayfangirl
#2926Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/25/16 at 8:45pm

ashk8177 said: "I just heard from my line buddy and there is more bad news. People in the line were told they had to disperse when the show started and reform the line at 5:30. Around 4:45 the employee picked 20 people somewhat randomly and did not honor the original list they had been carefully keeping since Tuesday. So basically it seems people who just joined the line today are getting in over people who have been there since Tuesday. They are not doing a line on Sunday or Tuesday either, he said. I don't understand how they can switch the rules mid-day like that. My heart goes out to everyone who lost their spot today after a 4 day wait )-:

Sounds like Sunday/Tuesday will be the filmed performances....that makes the Sunday tix on stub hub quite a deal!!

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#2927Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/25/16 at 8:53pm

chi-town_bwayfangirl said: "
Sounds like Sunday/Tuesday will be the filmed performances....that makes the Sunday tix on stub hub quite a deal!!"

cool that Javier will be filmed too.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#2928Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/25/16 at 8:58pm

Jordan Catalano said: "May God bless and look down on them in this, their time of need and sorrow. "

^^^^That made my night.

Just give the world Love.

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#2929Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/25/16 at 10:36pm

Wick3 said: "chi-town_bwayfangirl said: "
Sounds like Sunday/Tuesday will be the filmed performances....that makes the Sunday tix on stub hub quite a deal!!"

cool that Javier will be filmed too.
"

Munoz is on vacation this week, so it'll be LMM as Hamilton on Sunday. Jon Rua was on for Hamilton today, so I'm assuming this was his one performance off for the week.

northlandfan
#2930Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/26/16 at 12:10am

Would you believe that the matinee for today's show had soo many replacements . I would have been so upset if I spent thousands of dollars for tickets  or waited three days in the cancellation line like some and ended up seeing replacements for Hamilton Burr George Washington and Eliza.WTF!

I presume the reason why is they all want to save their voices for the filming tomorrow and Tuesday.

Not cool in my opinion.

Updated On: 6/26/16 at 12:10 AM

aaaaaa15
#2931Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/26/16 at 12:17am

They are still seeing a show with incredible music, lyrics, lighting, choreography, direction and two Tony-winning performances. Is it worth $1000 or more? No, but I don't think it is with the full cast in either. If you don't want to run the risk, don't pay that much.

Updated On: 6/26/16 at 12:17 AM

sims0
#2932Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/26/16 at 12:29am

Here's the sign they put up incase anyone cares.

I got there about 3:30PM today, Saturday 6/26. I was hoping to get into the tuesday show, and maybe sunday show if I was lucky. As you can imagine, seeing this sign was pretty disappointing.

lelee092
#2933Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/26/16 at 12:30am

Hey so I did the cancellation line since Wednesday night and got into today's matinee (with all the understudy) tbh today's cancellation line was a sh**-show....and as a result the theater now has a sign saying they have suspended the cancellation line till Wednesday morning

what set it off was the fact that there were so many replacements this matinee...one girl in the line got a premium and then went back and returned it.. and from what I pieced together when it was 1:50 and we're handing out the last minute standard tickets no one in the cancellation line wanted them. So the theater got fed up, got rid of the list, made people disband from the line to make room for ticket holders and then re did the line for tonight's show pretty much cherry picking a combination of people who had been doing the line for days and people who had just walked up 5 minutes ago...which got the rest of the people in the cancellation line fed up, needless to say they were plenty of tears and and fights and confusion ://

aaaaaa15
#2934Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/26/16 at 12:34am

If this stuff doesn't calm down after the cast leaves, then they need to find a different way to sell these tickets. None of this is worth tears or fights or blocking an entire sidewalk. It's getting ridiculous.

lelee092
#2935Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/26/16 at 12:42am

Also although the show had a diff feel with so many understudies, the show itself, production, direction, choreography is a work of art. I paid face value roughly $200 and loved every bit of it.I actually quite liked Rua deff a diff take on hamilton more boyish and kinda charming in his own way, Leslie understudy I didn't care for but I know people who thought the opposite so it's a matter of opinion.  the lady sitting next to me said Javier and Lin were better so there's that which btw she had seen it 4 times and had paid crazy money for this show was pretty shocked to see so many understudies...but after the show she didn't seem to be upset or disappointed at all

But idk if I have paid $2k+ which is how much my seat was going for I'd have been upset too lol

Ps: nobody complained about my odor thats what showers, deodorant and perfume are for :P

ammurp
#2936Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/26/16 at 1:25am

lelee092 said: "Hey so I did the cancellation line since Wednesday night and got into today's matinee (with all the understudy) tbh today's cancellation line was a sh**-show....and as a result the theater now has a sign saying they have suspended the cancellation line till Wednesday morning

what set it off was the fact that there were so many replacements this matinee...one girl in the line got a premium and then went back and returned it.. and from what I pieced together when it was 1:50 and we're handing out the last minute standard tickets no one in the cancellation line wanted them. So the theater got fed up, got rid of the list, made people disband from the line to make room for ticket holders and then re did the line for tonight's show pretty much cherry picking a combination of people who had been doing the line for days and people who had just walked up 5 minutes ago...which got the rest of the people in the cancellation line fed up, needless to say they were plenty of tears and and fights and confusion ://

"

I don't think the suspension of the line has anything to do with the fact that today specifically was a gong show. The filming is said to be taking place during the Sunday and Tuesday performances and they need to keep the sidewalks clear for all the equipment and crew that I assume will be coming in and out of the theatre. So because the line currently makes a mess of the sidewalk 24 hours a day at this point, this is their way of handling it. 

CercleRouge Profile Photo
CercleRouge
#2937Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/26/16 at 4:39am

Ah, so the general consensus is that the entire cast will be on stage tomorrow (Sunday)? Interesting.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#2938Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/26/16 at 6:38am

oncemorewithfeeling2 said: "Munoz is on vacation this week, so it'll be LMM as Hamilton on Sunday. Jon Rua was on for Hamilton today, so I'm assuming this was his one performance off for the week."

Oh ok I thought it said on their website that Munoz will be performing as Hamilton on Sunday matinees through July 3rd. Then, to the people who bought tix for this Sunday specifically to see Munoz, they might be disappointed. Hamilton Cancellation Line If Munoz is out, then Rua normally plays Hamilton right? I guess for this one time LMM will play Hamilton due to the filming.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#2939Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/26/16 at 6:43am

lelee092 said: "Leslie understudy I didn't care for but I know people who thought the opposite so it's a matter of opinion."

Who played Leslie in the performance you saw for Sat matinee? Earlier this year, I got to see the show with Leslie's understudy Sydney James Harcourt and I found Sydney amazing. He's taller than Leslie and definitely had an X-factor. 

Also, I actually didn't know RRT box office issued refunds. I always thought the 'cancellation line' was a misnomer for unclaimed house seats but I guess if there are that many understudies performing it's possible to get a refund?

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#2940Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/26/16 at 6:44am

sims0 said: "

Here's the sign they put up incase anyone cares.

I got there about 3:30PM today, Saturday 6/26. I was hoping to get into the tuesday show, and maybe sunday show if I was lucky. As you can imagine, seeing this sign was pretty disappointing.

"

Does that mean the line is forming across the street by Hotel Edison or is there really no cancellation line until Wednesday morning at 10am?

aaaaaa15
#2941Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/26/16 at 6:46am

I believe Austin played Burr yesterday. I've heard better things about Sydney than Austin. Yes, Jon plays Hamilton when Javier is out. I assume Lin used yesterday as his day off instead of today due to filming. There is no cancellation line at all.

Updated On: 6/26/16 at 06:46 AM

aaaaaa15
#2942Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/26/16 at 6:46am

I believe Austin played Burr yesterday. I've heard better things about Sydney than Austin. Yes, Jon plays Hamilton when Javier is out. I assume Lin used yesterday as his day off instead of today due to filming. There is no cancellation line at all.

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#2943Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/26/16 at 6:53am

Since Austin was on for Burr yesterday, was Sydney on for Washington?

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#2944Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/26/16 at 6:58am

aaaaaa15 said: "I believe Austin played Burr yesterday. I've heard better things about Sydney than Austin. Yes, Jon plays Hamilton when Javier is out. I assume Lin used yesterday as his day off instead of today due to filming. There is no cancellation line at all. "

Wow what a rarity to see no cancellation line at all. People must have been very upset last night. For some reason I thought the cancellation line would just form itself somewhere in that area or have a list or video or photo of the line. 

aaaaaa15
#2945Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/26/16 at 7:16am

Nicholas Christopher was Washington.

northlandfan
#2946Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/26/16 at 8:13am

To continue the list of replacements

alysha was Eliza as well...,,,

Updated On: 6/26/16 at 08:13 AM

kbeth
#2947Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/26/16 at 9:25am

Wick3 said: "aaaaaa15 said: "I believe Austin played Burr yesterday. I've heard better things about Sydney than Austin. Yes, Jon plays Hamilton when Javier is out. I assume Lin used yesterday as his day off instead of today due to filming. There is no cancellation line at all. "

Wow what a rarity to see no cancellation line at all. People must have been very upset last night. For some reason I thought the cancellation line would just form itself somewhere in that area or have a list or video or photo of the line. 

"

One of the theatre employees claimed that they would no longer acknowledge the list/video that we made, and that it was "first come first serve". That's why there was such an issue last night, because they disregarded the list and he essentially handpicked people from the crowd. And they say security will be enforcing it, so no one's allowed to line up until Wednesday morning at 10. (Allegedly)

kbeth
#2948Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/26/16 at 9:29am

Wick3 said: "lelee092 said: "Leslie understudy I didn't care for but I know people who thought the opposite so it's a matter of opinion."

Who played Leslie in the performance you saw for Sat matinee? Earlier this year, I got to see the show with Leslie's understudy Sydney James Harcourt and I found Sydney amazing. He's taller than Leslie and definitely had an X-factor. 

Also, I actually didn't know RRT box office issued refunds. I always thought the 'cancellation line' was a misnomer for unclaimed house seats but I guess if there are that many understudies performing it's possible to get a refund?

"

The girl behind me was the one who returned her ticket and they basically warned her "this is a one time thing"

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#2949Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 6/26/16 at 10:19am

I just passed by Hamilton RRT and there are a lot of trucks with video equipment inside. No cancellation line at all! Wow!

http://imgur.com/lqT3us5

Updated On: 6/26/16 at 10:19 AM

Videos