News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

INTO THE WOODS Reviews

ATerrifyingAndImposingFigure
#150INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/24/22 at 1:00am

I know schedules may be tricky, but if this gets extended into Tony season, hopefully any actors who had to bow out by then can go the Tony Shalhoub route and reappear for the voters’ shows. Cause this cast deserves all the love and accolades they can get. But, extension first.

Play  Esq. Profile Photo
Play Esq.
#151INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/24/22 at 8:23am

poisonivy2 said: "Play Esq. said: "ACL2006 said: "ChiDoc said: "TaffyDavenport said: "It would be great if Heather Headley could return after she's done filming Sweet Magnolias."

I flew to New York to see this production a couple weeks ago. And I hate that I know I would do it again to see Heather Headley.
"

If this is extending, I'd immediately buy a ticket if Headley comes back.

Still nothing official, so hopefully there's some news next week.
"

Heather was really something special. Patina is very good, but Heather made me forgetJoanna Gleason’s definitive performance. I have three performances booked for the current run but would gladly see it again with her."

Bernadette played the witch in the OBC. Gleason was Baker's Wife."

Ivy: you are totally correct and I don’t know what I was thinking  I meant to say that both Heather and Sara made me forget both Bernadette’s and Joanna’s performance in the OBC, but that clearly didn’t come out properly!

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#152INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/24/22 at 9:29am

Their 8-week run is essentially half over now. I would tend to think if an extension is happening we will have an announcement this week.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#153INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/24/22 at 10:12am

ACL2006 said: "Their 8-week run is essentially half over now. I would tend to think if an extension is happening we will have an announcement this week."

We will. Hopefully, Tuesday.

jeffrey2
#154INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/24/22 at 11:11am

Does anyone know if Sara will be in the show today 7/24 . 

MemorableUserName
#155INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/24/22 at 11:23am

jeffrey2 said: "Does anyone know if Sara will be in the show today 7/24 ."

Still out. Moore posted in her Instagram stories she's in the matinee with Cheyenne today.

Play  Esq. Profile Photo
Play Esq.
#156INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/24/22 at 5:04pm

If I’m not mistaken, Cheyenne begins his run today. Anyone catch it?

pippy1
#157INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/24/22 at 6:05pm

Just left the theater. The entire show was perfection. Cheyenne was fabulous! 

Play  Esq. Profile Photo
Play Esq.
#158INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/24/22 at 6:44pm

pippy1 said: "Just left the theater. The entire show was perfection. Cheyenne was fabulous!"

Please more info on Cheyenne’s performance 🙏🏽

theatrekid3302
#159INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/24/22 at 7:33pm

pippy1 said: "Just left the theater. The entire show was perfection. Cheyenne was fabulous!"

Who was better Cheyenne or Gavin? Debating between who to see.

pippy1
#160INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/24/22 at 9:02pm

Today was my first time seeing it, so I can’t say how Gavin is (although assume fantastic), but Cheyenne was great. Funny, amazing voice, just so good. I really thought everyone was perfection, including Sara’s U/S. While I can’t know for sure, I wonder if their interpretation would be different, and I loved Mary Kate Moore.

Dancingthrulife2 Profile Photo
Dancingthrulife2
#161INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/25/22 at 1:26am

I think Mary Kate Moore's baker's wife is definitely more subdued, tired and worn out by life and her social roles as a wife and a mother, but this take really pays off in Moments in the Woods, where something exciting finally happened to her, and only for herself. I haven't seen Sara's performance but based on the reports I wonder how much emotional impact a warm and charming baker's wife would have in MitW.

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#162INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/25/22 at 12:33pm

The Piano Lesson at the St. James is now off-sale.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#163INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/25/22 at 12:56pm

It's all happening! 

Play  Esq. Profile Photo
Play Esq.
#164INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/25/22 at 2:50pm

Took nearly 2.5 years but finally got covid.  I have tickets for this Saturday's matinee and was hoping someone who's had success with the process of transferring their tickets through Seatgeek could walk me through it or provide a good contact for exchanges?  Definitely not feeling well enough to go to the box office to transfer.

Thanks!

BETTY22
#165INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/25/22 at 2:56pm

Saw it this weekend - what a JOY!!!!!!!

With Company winning 5 Tony awards and now this - I'm even more excited for the revival of SWEENEY with Josh Groban. 

RIP SS!

Updated On: 7/25/22 at 02:56 PM

alexidarling15
#166INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/25/22 at 4:07pm

I was there yesterday and Cheyenne was hysterical. I saw Gavin at NYCC and he of course killed it and played the role more cartoon-like (in a hilarious way) -- honestly, just see either one, you'll be happy either way. 

This production is funnier than it was in May. Josh Henry was particularly funny and wow, Julia Lester is comic genius. I even laughed more at Milky White and Kennedy this time even though I thought I knew all of the expressions. I did really miss Ann Harada. 

I enjoyed Mary Kate Moore's performance, though I agree with the poster who said she made the Baker's Wife more of a supporting character. When I saw Sara at NYCC, the Baker's Wife struck me as the center of the show, with Cinderella off to the side. This time, Cinderella and the amazing Phillipa Soo felt like the center of the show. That was definitely not a bad thing. Just different.

I hope this runs forever so that we can see all kinds of different casting dynamics! 

Lastly, I didn't really understand all of the hatred of Neil Patrick Harris on this board -- he was fine -- but yes,  Brian D'Arcy James was in a completely different league. I might have to go back to see him and Sara together.

Emmeline Carter
#167INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/25/22 at 4:56pm

With the extension looking more and more like a sure thing now, has anyone heard anything about if the whole cast will extend as well? I think it was mentioned in this thread that at one point in time, it looked like everyone would extend in the cast. Has that changed? Thanks!! 

Updated On: 7/25/22 at 04:56 PM

nmartin Profile Photo
nmartin
#168INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/26/22 at 8:18am

Does anyone know if Sara will be back this week, Wednesday matinee in particular?

Dylan Smith4 Profile Photo
Dylan Smith4
#169INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/26/22 at 9:26am

Piano Lesson is moving to the Barrymore! When do we think we could expect an extension announcement? 

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/August-Wilsons-THE-PIANO-LESSON-Will-Open-at-The-Ethel-Barrymore-Theatre-Beginning-in-September-20220726?fbclid=IwAR1LgRg85eqWJA3DOUmW4tr65fBBiMIe8Q-SC0E3KoScWprOJwUwozXwJ6g

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

willep
#170INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/26/22 at 9:31am

nmartin said: "Does anyone know if Sara will be back this week, Wednesday matinee in particular?"

There’s no way of knowing. She hopes to be back today, but only she knows how she feels today.

Mr. Wormwood Profile Photo
Mr. Wormwood
#171INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/26/22 at 10:10am

Dancingthrulife2 said: "I thinkMary Kate Moore's baker's wife is definitely more subdued, tired and worn out by life and her social roles as a wife and a mother, but this take really pays off in Moments in the Woods, where something exciting finally happened to her, and only for herself. I haven't seen Sara's performance but based on the reports I wonder how much emotional impact a warm and charming baker's wife would have in MitW."

The answer to your question is it has a very emotional impact. Sara's take on the Baker's Wife is fresh and new and fantastic. Different from Joanna Gleason in so many ways, yet so captivating. She is charming and warm but there's also a sense of longing and unsettledness that pays off in Moment in the Woods.

ImAProphet
#172INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/26/22 at 10:53am

Sara says she will be on tonight.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#173INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/26/22 at 11:55am

Sounds like an announcement on the extension is due any day now.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#174INTO THE WOODS Reviews
Posted: 7/26/22 at 12:10pm

Not going to lie, I was sweating a bit with Sara being out because I’m taking my mom tonight as her (early) birthday present and she wanted to see this solely for her. (I saw it two weeks ago, so it wouldn’t have mattered to me).

As with the extension, I could imagine an announcement coming soon, but I also could predict they may go dark for a week maybe to give time to drum up sales and/or let the cast who is extending to tie up some loose ends.

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

Videos