News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Into the Woods Official Movie Thread- Page 122

Into the Woods Official Movie Thread

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#3025Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/5/14 at 12:30am

I love every new bit of info we get about the film. Cannot wait for Streep's rap, or to hear that gorgeous score performed by a big orchestra at the movies.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#3026Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/5/14 at 12:49am

Ugh, it had better not be for Tomorrowland! That doesn't even come out for what, a year? Into the Woods is weeks away.

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#3027Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/5/14 at 7:51am

I don't know why Disney is being so slow with the publicity?

decast
#3028Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/5/14 at 8:40am

It does feel like they're dragging their heels a little in terms of getting it out there. Or maybe we're just so anxious for the film it feels like that. I'm sure with Les Mis and Sweeney Todd we had much more 6 or 7 weeks before release.

Mrtrobz
#3029Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/5/14 at 10:48am

They only have a modest marketing campaign budget compared to hundred million dollar films, I would have guest we would get something today or tomorrow with the release of Big Hero Six unless they plan to show the recent Featurette in cinemas, there should be some more of those due regardless in coming weeks, we will probably get one on music and costumes and perhaps some consideration videos for the Oscar crowd.

henriquefho
#3030Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/5/14 at 11:10am

Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread

New posters! (sorry, they're in portuguese)

henriquefho
henriquefho
henriquefho
disneybroadwayfan22
#3034Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/5/14 at 11:26am

^That's pleasant

tallybro
#3035Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/5/14 at 11:28am

Those look great :)

btw, henriquefho are you from Brazil? Do you know what they're calling the movie here in Portugal? "Floresta Encantada" (Enchanted Forest)...
I can hardly think of a worse name than that, it's incredibly uncreative, I hope it doesn't hurt the movie's reputation here Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread

"Caminhos da Floresta" (Ways of the Forest) is a way better pick!

henriquefho
#3036Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/5/14 at 11:54am

Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread

They chose a terrible name in here too, I think. Something like 'Pela Floresta Afora' (Along the Forest) would've been better. I'm also expecting it doesn't hurt the reputation, tallybro!
Does anyone from other countries know if the songs are going to be dubbed? It would be amazing: they always make a good job when translating the lyrics...
I almost forgot: here is Johnny Depp looking fantastic in the new poster

tallybro
#3037Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/5/14 at 12:20pm

^It probably depends on the country.

It's funny you mention that, because I'm living in Spain right now and by far the thing that I hate the most about this country is how they dub everything instead of subtitling. So, recently I was curious about what they did with Sweeney's Spanish version, and when I saw it I was baffled!

Instead of dubbing everything like they normally do, they only dubbed the spoken bits, and left the songs in English with subtitles. So basically, every character had two voices, one in English and one is Spanish! How the hell can anyone watch a movie like that?

Believe it or not, that's how everyone here watched the movie. I don't understand how people tolerate watching dubbed live action movies, let alone a live action movie that's only a quarter dubbed!

henriquefho
#3038Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/5/14 at 12:35pm

They did the same thing with Sweeney Todd here too. It's a shame, but I always have the option to put the subtitles with the original audio in my DVD, so not a problem at all.

I brought the idea about dubbing Into the Woods because, since it's a Disney movie (even if it's not an animated one), the chances for it to happen are high. The last live action musical movie by Disney was Mary Poppins (a long, long time ago) and they indeed dubbed the whole thing. I extremely hope that this tradition maintain over the years, so we can have a lot of recordings in others languages (and ours as well!)

disneybroadwayfan22
#3039Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/5/14 at 12:53pm

The trailer is coming tomorrow!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/11/05/into-the-woods-posters_n_6106610.html

Updated On: 11/5/14 at 12:53 PM

tallybro
#3040Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/5/14 at 12:53pm

^Well, don't count on us for that. The chances Into the Woods will be dubbed in european portuguese are exactly 0%, people just don't like it

tallybro
#3041Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/5/14 at 12:55pm

Awesome disneybroadwayfan22! Can't wait :)

xoffender45
#3042Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/5/14 at 1:33pm

I love that the American posters are very subtly animated. Some have mist, some have leaves falling in the background, buttons glistening in the light

FAAPF
#3043Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/5/14 at 2:19pm

I'm from Brazil as well and think they could have chosen a better title.. About dubbing songs here: probably going to happen, even if it's not usual to have dubbed live-actions-musical-movies. Those posters are amazing and glad to hear that a new trailer is coming o/

Starship
#3044Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/5/14 at 2:54pm

Can I be the first to say that...I don't really like the character posters. I thought the animations were too subtle that it was almost distracting. And because they were GIFs, the quality was reduced so it looks weird to me. However, I think the actual shots are very beautiful!! I think Lilla's and Billy's are my favorites. Not sure if I like Billy's though because of the actual poster, or his beautiful face. -shrugs-

FAAPF
#3045Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/5/14 at 3:29pm

i don't like the animated poster either.. But only because of the quality issues.

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#3046Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/5/14 at 3:45pm

I find it amusing the Cinderella's Prince is called "The Prince" and Rapunzel's is called "The Other Prince."

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated

Musical Master Profile Photo
Musical Master
#3047Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
Posted: 11/5/14 at 3:46pm

I like them fine, at least when they hit movie theaters they won't be animated. The recent news of the trailer coming tomorrow has got me all excited! Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread

OT: The new ANNIE trailer that came out yesterday and it is the best trailer so far, I might see it regardless of the WTH casting of Diaz.

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
AnthonyB Profile Photo
AnthonyB
Maximum Thread Size of 5,000 Messages Reached
Please Start a New Thread!

Videos