News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Les Miz to air on PBS 3/6/11- Page 4

Les Miz to air on PBS 3/6/11

justafan2
#75Les Miz to air on PBS 3/6/11
Posted: 3/7/11 at 6:14pm

Who was the original "Cosette" cast member singing "One Day More"---was that Judy Kuhn?

Edna Turnblad Profile Photo
Edna Turnblad
#76Les Miz to air on PBS 3/6/11
Posted: 3/7/11 at 6:14pm

So, I watched it last night. I missed about the first hour, but I made it home in the middle of "Stars." On the whole, I really quite enjoyed it. I thought everyone did a nice job with the score.
I seem to be one of the only ones on this board who enjoyed Jonas as Marius. Yes, his acting wasn't as good as others, but one must take into account that most of his acting experience was in crappy Disney shows/movies. Also, it really bothered me that they "acted" but not to each other, to the audience. I know it's a concert, but at least look at your singing partner.
Anyway, I enjoyed it. The encore was great! Ah! I loved it!

PS, Frances Ruffelle, though she didn't need to be wearing that outfit, didn't look bad.

eatlasagna
#77Les Miz to air on PBS 3/6/11
Posted: 3/7/11 at 6:42pm

does anyone know who the Foreman is?? damn that guy is TALL!!! what other shows has he been in?

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#78Les Miz to air on PBS 3/6/11
Posted: 3/7/11 at 7:05pm

Who was the original "Cosette" cast member singing "One Day More"---was that Judy Kuhn?

It was Rebecca Caine.

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

justafan2
#79Les Miz to air on PBS 3/6/11
Posted: 3/7/11 at 7:08pm

Thank-U, Eris

sueb1863 Profile Photo
sueb1863
#80Les Miz to air on PBS 3/6/11
Posted: 3/7/11 at 7:10pm

Is Roger Allam OK?? I was sort of shocked to see him with a big bushy beard when they showed him during the One Day More encore, he looks like he hasn't been doing very well lately. Or is it for a role?

The DVD of the concert is #2 on Amazon.com in Bestselling Movies, yay!

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#81Les Miz to air on PBS 3/6/11
Posted: 3/7/11 at 7:13pm

Roger Allam is either currently starring, or recently starred in the London production of La Cage Aux Folles, opposite Philip Quast, another former Javert.

sueb1863 Profile Photo
sueb1863
#82Les Miz to air on PBS 3/6/11
Posted: 3/7/11 at 7:30pm

Whew, thanks for the information! Glad he's doing OK.

Heh, they could have a Javert-Off...
Updated On: 3/7/11 at 07:30 PM

EVIE Profile Photo
EVIE
#83Les Miz to air on PBS 3/6/11
Posted: 3/7/11 at 7:33pm

"Frances Ruffelle needs to go on What Not To Wear for women over forty."

LMAO! I thought she looked great! LOL

KimmySwimmy Profile Photo
KimmySwimmy
#84Les Miz to air on PBS 3/6/11
Posted: 3/7/11 at 8:10pm

"does anyone know who the Foreman is?? damn that guy is TALL!!! what other shows has he been in?"

haha...i have no idea who that is but i noticed the the same thign. my roommate was like "holy crap...is that guy really tall or is she (lea salonga) really tiny?"

sparrman
#85Les Miz to air on PBS 3/6/11
Posted: 3/7/11 at 8:21pm

Interesting to have Wilkinson and Caine onstage together. Am I the only one who remembers the conflict they had doing Phantom in Toronto in the early 90s? She accused him of "roughness" and "abusive behavior", or something like that, and I believe it ended with her leaving the show.

secondarycharacter2 Profile Photo
secondarycharacter2
#86Les Miz to air on PBS 3/6/11
Posted: 3/7/11 at 10:29pm

i loved it on the whole, but was VERY upset that they didn't use the full version of Little People. Besides that, it was fabulous.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#87Les Miz to air on PBS 3/6/11
Posted: 3/7/11 at 10:35pm

sparrman: I believe she said via Twitter that they buried the hatchet a while ago.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Eos Profile Photo
Eos
#88Les Miz to air on PBS 3/6/11
Posted: 3/7/11 at 10:56pm

I'm just now watching it, and although I try not to harp on negatives, in my humble opinion, Nick Jonas has no business in the building. I was actually shocked at how he stood out to me -- in a bad way. He really kinda ruined it for me. Please go back to singing your little pop songs...

Other than that, I think I like Alfie Boe more than Colm Wilkinson or Gary Morris as Jean Valjean. Loved Norm, but it's hard to top Philip Quast.

The Overture is part of the show, people. Please shut your pie hole.

kec Profile Photo
kec
#89Les Miz to air on PBS 3/6/11
Posted: 3/7/11 at 11:01pm

The Foreman was played by Jeff Nicholson.

sparrman
#90Les Miz to air on PBS 3/6/11
Posted: 3/8/11 at 12:18am

Good to hear, thanks Lizzie.

beautywickedlover
#91Les Miz to air on PBS 3/6/11
Posted: 3/8/11 at 1:05am

I haven't seen all of it yet, but so far I've realoly enjoyed Lea and Norm.

ClapYo'Hands Profile Photo
ClapYo'Hands
#92Les Miz to air on PBS 3/6/11
Posted: 3/8/11 at 2:32am

The London production of La Cage Aux Folles closed over a year ago, Roger Allam's beard was for Henry IV where he played Falstaff.

augustine73 Profile Photo
augustine73
#93Les Miz to air on PBS 3/6/11
Posted: 3/8/11 at 9:44am

"Frances Ruffelle needs to go on What Not To Wear for women over forty."

"LMAO! I thought she looked great! LOL"

I thought too! Looks like Frances Ruffelle is ready for a catfight with Lea Salonga. LOL! (for stealing Eponine in the 10th anniverssary concert)... and again outshining her for being Fantine in the 25th. LOL

nyb418
#94Les Miz to air on PBS 3/6/11
Posted: 3/8/11 at 1:51pm

Reminding once more.. i recorded this directly from PBS on DVDR. E-mail for information.. thanks all.

jsg03jd Profile Photo
jsg03jd
#95Les Miz to air on PBS 3/6/11
Posted: 3/8/11 at 7:45pm

'"How come the keys got transposed a million steps down in the audio conversion?"

Not a million, but at least a half step...On my TV, Boe was singing "Bring Him Home" in A flat. Couldn't imagine why that big true tenor voice would need the song transposed down. But on YouTube, exact same clip from the same concert, it's in A natural. Very strange.'

I *thought* the sound was off! The DVD and youtube clips are in the correct keys.

sueb1863 Profile Photo
sueb1863
#96Les Miz to air on PBS 3/6/11
Posted: 3/8/11 at 8:43pm

Thanks for the info, CYH! At least we knows it's all his!

Videos