News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

NBC's SMASH, Season 2 -- Discussion- Page 23

NBC's SMASH, Season 2 -- Discussion

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#550NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/27/13 at 11:18pm

They had an even 3 million viewers, something was a big deal about the DVR viewers but I didn't understand it. I hope that when The Voice starts doubling their episodes it'll help. You might all think I'm crazy but I wouldn't be surprised if they give it another season with yet another new show runner.

Updated On: 2/27/13 at 11:18 PM

hyperbole_and_a_half Profile Photo
hyperbole_and_a_half
#551NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/27/13 at 11:40pm

I would love to see Veronica Moore's Audrey. I'm sure it would be stiff and frightening and loud but I'd still love to see it.

I guffawed at this

DigificWriter
#552NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/27/13 at 11:51pm

The only way the return of The Voice will help Smash is if NBC moves one or both shows so that they lead directly into one another, as the current plan is for The Voice to lead out the night and be followed by the network's Tuesday night comedies, with Smash closing out the night.

beensince1987 Profile Photo
beensince1987
#553NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/28/13 at 1:12pm

Phyllis, "No, because when Eileen fired him he vowed revenge on her." I am just asking cause lots of storylines from last season are being ignored like pregnancy thing and whatnot. And I won't be surprised if Ellis is the one to give the show back to Eileen.
(Also in this show, anything, I mean ANYTHING, is plausible now.)

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#554NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/28/13 at 1:22pm

It's possible, but there was talk about the Ellis storyline somehow being wrapped up (though there was speculation he might return) so I just assumed that that name on the check was going to be the last we hear of him.

beensince1987
#555NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/28/13 at 1:33pm

Thought he was coming back for 1 or 2 episodes this season, oh well.
Since Jerry believes BOMB-HELL is the greatest thing to be on Broadway (or something like that he said in this past episode) but we are being told the book is a MESS. So I guess that's how good a producer Jerry is.
Also he isn't kinda guy that gives it back to Eileen (but this is SMASH/BOMB so who knows...)

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#556NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/28/13 at 1:43pm

I know it's weird, but I'm kind of attracted to Jerry.

AEA AGMA SM
#557NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/28/13 at 1:59pm

I'm sure Jerry will have some fatal heart attack and then Eileen will be able to magically swoop in and take control of the show back from her dead ex-husband. Who knows, maybe we'll find out she never signed the divorce papers so she can get control of the show as the "grieving widow."

beensince1987
#558NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/28/13 at 2:17pm

That's one thing the show hasn't done yet. Kill the character.
If there is, Jerry could be the one. ( I can think of few that I would.)

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#559NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/28/13 at 2:22pm

Oh, I'd kill Veronica Moore before I'd kill anyone else. Even Jimmy!

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#560NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/28/13 at 2:27pm

Maybe Times Square can blow up and the show can have a do-over.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

GottaHaveAGimmick Profile Photo
GottaHaveAGimmick
#561NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/28/13 at 2:29pm

Death by martinis. He drowned in massive alcohol being hurled at him by Eileen. Everybody rise!

EricMontreal22 Profile Photo
EricMontreal22
#562NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 2/28/13 at 6:24pm

I'm pretty sure the actor playing Ellis is scheduled for at least one episode. The thinking seemed to be--after cutting him, that the new showrunner realized that, hey, people love to talk about how much they hate Ellis so much that we *need* a character like that.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#563NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/1/13 at 7:38pm

Just bumping since I don't understand why every time someone has a thought about Smash they have to start a new thread.

beensince1987
#564NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/1/13 at 7:59pm

FYI Starting Sunday at Target, season 1 DVD are on sale for $22.99 just in case you are looking for it cheap.

kyl3fong2 Profile Photo
kyl3fong2
#565NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/2/13 at 10:31am

NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --

I actually miss this about season 1...

TFMH18 Profile Photo
TFMH18
#566NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/2/13 at 11:50am

I'd be lying if I said I never made that image my screensaver.

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#567NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/2/13 at 12:19pm

My wife got Season 1 DVD for me a few weeks ago, think she got it for $29.99. I have watched Disc 1-3 so far, have not checked out the bonus features yet.

ucjrdude902
#568NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/3/13 at 12:19pm

If they do get a third season which I think is possible, I could see them only ordering 12 episodes instead of the 16 to help save on cost. Also, is there a reason they are skipping March 26? March Madness?

Updated On: 3/3/13 at 12:19 PM

kyl3fong2 Profile Photo
kyl3fong2
#569NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/3/13 at 1:09pm

I heard they are skipping march 26 because NBC is using The Voice to give a sampling to Eva Longoria's new dating reality series "Ready For Love" which will air a two-hour special premiere that night.

WhizzerMarvin Profile Photo
WhizzerMarvin
#570NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/3/13 at 1:19pm

They have re-written the season and series finale of Smash to end not on a cliffhanger, but to give us some closure. All the remaining episodes will air, but there definitely will not be a third season.

Slight spoiler*****
The season was originally going to end at the Tonys with a cliffhanger of us not knowing who would win the award. We now get to find out and storylines will be wrapped up.

Marie: Don't be in such a hurry about that pretty little chippy in Frisco. Tony: Eh, she's a no chip!

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#571NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/3/13 at 2:06pm

Is it official there will be no 3rd season?

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#572NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/3/13 at 3:27pm

Where'd you hear that, Whizzer? Yankee, nothing yet. But if what Whizzer says is true, then I assume it's to give us closure in case there's no third season. Hopefully there's something, though! I can't stand how Glee (despite how much I loved the first season) has lasted this long when Smash is better on so many levels, IMO. I want a Bombshell special, if nothing else, where we can see the show "in its entirety" (if not that, then just musical numbers with the "original cast").

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#573NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/3/13 at 3:51pm

jacobsnchz14 - I hope it can make it to a 3rd season, flaws and all I still enjoy it. I agree with you that SMASH is so much better than GLEE. I find it amusing how SMASH gets grief for not being accurate, like GLEE is really realistic take on HS Glee club - lol. I would love to see "Bombshell" in its entirety also, think it could be really good.

ucjrdude902
#574NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/3/13 at 4:26pm

Whizzer, if thats the case why did the just film an episode focused on TONY nominations? Is it go directly to the awards in the last episode? Honestly, if the cancel this show what will NBC have returning in the fall thats not a new show? They've bout cancelled everything they have.

Updated On: 3/3/13 at 04:26 PM

Videos