News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

NBC's SMASH, Season 2 -- Discussion- Page 25

NBC's SMASH, Season 2 -- Discussion

Matt Rogers Profile Photo
Matt Rogers
#600NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/4/13 at 8:36pm

Preaching? If you say so, but I was talking to the many, many previous posters, especially in the last two pages who seem to be thinking this has a shot at a third season. I wish it did. It doesn't.

EricMontreal22 Profile Photo
EricMontreal22
#601NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/4/13 at 9:23pm

Preacing was probably the wrong word, sorry. I just thought that even the posters hoping for a third season knew, that basically, there's no chance of that (although it's true, a few seem to be overly optimistic.)

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#602NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/5/13 at 4:16pm

Anyone excited to see Sean Hayes tonight?

EricMontreal22
#603NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/5/13 at 8:00pm

It weas already mentioned about the high income audience, but though google won't help me find the NYTimes article this apparently mentions, an article in the Vancouver Sun today said this:

"It turns out that if you’re making $100,000 a year or more, you may well be watching Smash. That makes sense, New York Times’ media critic Bill Carter noted last week, because with ticket prices the way they are, high-income earners are about the only people who can afford to take in a Broadway show these days."

So I guess that's why it's running out the year (apparently).

spiderdj82 Profile Photo
spiderdj82
#604NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/5/13 at 10:04pm

"Public Relations" is such a great number

"They're eating her and then they're going to eat me. OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!" -Troll 2

ucjrdude902
#605NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/5/13 at 10:10pm

Agreed! When I heard it on the OCR I was curious how Christian fit into it, great to see him part of it. He does great character work. Sean Hayes is hilarious as well.

FindMe12
#606NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/5/13 at 10:12pm

I know it aint gonna happen but maybe they can sell the show to showtime or whatever network was originally going to air smash. Those kind of networks dont just depend on ratings of original airings afterall.

EricMontreal22
#607NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/5/13 at 10:17pm

The only way that would happen I think, is if Greenblatt somehow went back to Showtime--but even then...

I'm still mad HBO passed on that pilot everyone raved about that was loosely based on Sondheim. EVen if Sondheim was not so thrilled

http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/theater/send_in_the_lawyers_RoX5piLO8tND0HpuaVzLAP

ucjrdude902
#608NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/5/13 at 10:18pm

I still am hoping for a third season, I know it's a smalllll chance but still there is a chance. So far I think tonights episode is very well done.

TFMH18 Profile Photo
TFMH18
#609NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/5/13 at 11:09pm

I cannot believe Karen sang two songs and Ivy didn't sing one. So we are at this point just to accept that Ivy is a secondary character then? She's not in any of the previews and the minimal focus they give her is laughable. UGHHHHHHHHH #TEAMIVYFOREVER

Thelma Ritter Profile Photo
Thelma Ritter
#610NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/5/13 at 11:19pm

Off-topic - I love me some Jon Robin Baitz cameo, but didn't it seem like the costume designer hated him? I mean nothing looked like it fit...

Updated On: 3/5/13 at 11:19 PM

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#611NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/5/13 at 11:30pm

Trust me... from what I hear, Ivy's going to be getting ALOT of attention!

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#612NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/5/13 at 11:45pm

Gosh, this just gets worse and worse.

Bye-bye Smash. (for me)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

MusicalComedyMan
#613NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/5/13 at 11:49pm

I'm stuck on a train and couldn't watch tonight, but I'm surprised that no one is talking about it... Not a good sign.

ucjrdude902
#614NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/5/13 at 11:50pm

I personally thought it was the best episode so far of season 2.

kyl3fong2 Profile Photo
kyl3fong2
#615NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/6/13 at 12:03am

^Agreed. Easily the best episode so far of the season (and I did not enjoy the last 3 after the premiere episode).

They weaved the read through very well into the story to make it interesting (unlike the last two weeks where the theatre aspects of the episode plot was boring) and I REALLY liked all of the Sean Hayes and Megan Hilty scenes. It was brilliant and funny.

I also liked the Public Relations number a lot.

Did anyone see the preview for next week though? It looks like Katharine McPhee is singing "National Pasttime". I'm interested in seeing her rendition of that song given that Megan Hilty knocked it out of the park when she sang it in the Pilot.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#616NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/6/13 at 12:10am

I agree with you, ucjrdude902 and kyl3fong2. It had some of that nonsensical Smashiness we've all come to love, but all in all, it was the most together episode this show has had in a while.

WHO was that dude he poisoned Julia's head about the script doctor? Is it someone famous? Because that was like sub-Leo level acting. I rewound it back a couple of times to rewatch it because I was laughing so hard. I kept dreaming of scene between this poor schmuck and Jennifer Hudson.

Julia is really open to suggestion, isn't she? That's a whole show unto itself.

I totally fast forwarded through Karen's solo song. I don't even know what it was.

Also, where was this Jeremy Jordan the whole team? Maybe I'm the battered girlfriend now, but as much as I was hating on him, I thought he looked better than he has and that his character wasn't as effing butt awful for once.

Oh, and I loved when Wesley came into the ready and he all sexily sized up Andy AND THEN he got to go all bitch on him and when he told him later that the play sucks. Homosexual sexual tension enacted by actually homosexuals - I never thought I'd live to see the day, so thank you, Smash.
Updated On: 3/6/13 at 12:10 AM

frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
#617NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/6/13 at 12:14am

WHO was that dude he poisoned Julia's head about the script doctor?

That was Jon Robin Baitz.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#618NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/6/13 at 12:17am

I'm still waiting for Anjelica Huston to peel off her face and turn them all into mice.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#619NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/6/13 at 12:24am

She should turn Andy and Wesley into bunnies. Or they should just $*#K like bunnies.

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#620NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/6/13 at 12:25am

She should turn Andy and Wesley into bunnies. Or they should just $*#K like bunnies.

Mental video!

goldenboy Profile Photo
goldenboy
#621NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/6/13 at 12:25am

While much if tonight's episode didn't ring true, it was at least on track They got back to Bombshell which is the crux of the show. I can't believe a court could order a producer off of a show. I can't believe Karen would fall for such an asshole as Jeremy Jordon's character. I can't believe actors invited to a reading would give their opinion so freely at something being so bad. Show biz is the kind of bizness where people will attest to its brilliance in someones face and badmouth it behind their back. Love the plane number in Christian Borle's head. Love seeing him as all those characters. If they were going to do a reading of Bombshell... wouldn't the cast do the reading??? Would Sean Haye's character be so stupid as to not realize Dangerous Liasons was a drama?
At least tonights episode was enjoyable if not believable.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#622NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/6/13 at 12:33am

I agree with you about the unbelievably of the Sean Hayes character. That was Smash being Smash right there. He has a tendency to bug me, but he actually didn't bug me in this, even if his character was kind of stupid.

And Jeremy was cute and nice in this episode. He's not such a bad guy and Karen can tame him!

Ivy is so getting a Tony nomination.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#623NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/6/13 at 12:38am

Ivy & Karen are obviously going to be up against each other for the Tony. They'll find a way to make a play and the musical eligible for the same category and it'll happen. Trust me.

beensince1987 Profile Photo
beensince1987
#624NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
Posted: 3/6/13 at 12:42am

JC, Liaisons supposed to be a musical tho.

Videos