News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

NBC's SMASH, Season 2 -- Discussion- Page 70

NBC's SMASH, Season 2 -- Discussion

beautywickedlover
#1725SMASH
Posted: 4/19/13 at 2:57pm

The winner is not 100% guaranteed to be saved from cancellation. In 2009, 'Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles' won this poll, but it was not renewed for another season. We'll see what happens after the final results.

http://www.eonline.com/news/121595/the-fans-have-spoken-save-terminator

WhizzerMarvin Profile Photo
WhizzerMarvin
#1726SMASH
Posted: 4/20/13 at 9:29am

Here's some more evidence of the complete ineptitude at NBC. After TWO episodes of Ready For Love, NBC is pulling it from the schedule and replacing it with Grimm, which normally aired on Friday nights.

NBC flushed millions of advertising dollars down the crapper with this decision. It's just one programming disaster after another with this network.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/04/14/tv-ratings-saturday-smash-sinks-even-lower-bet-on-your-baby-premires-weak/177699/

Marie: Don't be in such a hurry about that pretty little chippy in Frisco. Tony: Eh, she's a no chip!

Ham3
#1727SMASH
Posted: 4/20/13 at 9:34am

The Julian Ovenden interview on today's BWW has a picture of him as JFK with McPhee as Marilyn. Did we ever see that before? I thought the two times we have seen him were with Hilty.

Patronus Profile Photo
Patronus
#1728SMASH
Posted: 4/20/13 at 9:35am

SMASH

AEA AGMA SM
#1729SMASH
Posted: 4/20/13 at 9:57am

I think we did, when they first introduced the song, which was before Karen (and I think even Derek) had left Bombshell.

all that jazz Profile Photo
all that jazz
#1730SMASH
Posted: 4/20/13 at 9:57am

SAMSH is winning the poll!! I know that doesn't guarantee the show will be renewed but at least it proves lots of people care about it.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#1731SMASH
Posted: 4/20/13 at 10:00am

Then why aren't they watching it? An online poll doesn't show that people like a show, that's what rating are for. And for something like SMASH that keeps falling in the ratings, it proves that people are giving up on it.

all that jazz
#1732SMASH
Posted: 4/20/13 at 10:11am

Many people are not able to watch it when it airs and then watch it online. I couldn't watch it on Tuesdays because I have acting class and can't watch it on Saturdays because I have singing and dancing. I'm a loyal fan who hasn't missed an episode, but that doesn't count for the ratings. Most of the people in my classes have the same problem.

Plus there is also the fact of the constant and confusing switching in airing time. Updated On: 4/20/13 at 10:11 AM

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#1733SMASH
Posted: 4/20/13 at 10:16am

Sorry but that still doesn't support the show. And nowadays when pretty much everyone has a DVR, the show records automatically no matter what time it's moved to, so the time switch which used to be the kiss of death for a show isn't so anymore.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#1734SMASH
Posted: 4/20/13 at 10:17am

Yes, that's the problem. ALL the people that WANT to watch it, can't.

(they do know how many watch online and how many dvr)

The sad thing is....even many of us that think it's crap still watch it...and the ratings still suck.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

all that jazz
#1735SMASH
Posted: 4/20/13 at 10:33am

Jordan, you posted a question and I simply provided my thoery, which could very well be wrong. Of course not everyone wants to watch this show, it's based on a subject that only appeals to a small portion of the population and by making it an "adult show" it's narrowing even more. Sadly, most people are not jumping up and down when they hear Bernadette or Liza are making a TV appearance.

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#1736SMASH
Posted: 4/20/13 at 10:35am

They really need to fix the ratings system. Because the reality is, most of us could watch shows, but it doesn't matter unless we are a Neilsen household. So, those are the people they really need to target when trying to save shows and not the average person who doesn't have any influence.

Anyway, I thought this was interesting. Brian d'Arcy James had linked this on his twitter account this morning:
http://tvline.com/2013/04/18/bones-ncis-arrow-smash-csi-spoilers/

I'm guessing that means he'll be appearing again.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#1737SMASH
Posted: 4/20/13 at 11:55am

Marianne2 - Good point. I always wondered about Neilsen household. I have lived in three different parts of this country in my life and never met one.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#1738SMASH
Posted: 4/20/13 at 1:21pm

I don't think they're supposed to tell you.

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#1739SMASH
Posted: 4/20/13 at 6:08pm

There WILL in fact be a new episode of Smash tonight, despite the lack of any sort of promo last week for this week. I get that NBC could give a flying fvck what happens to this show since it's basically got both feet in the grave, but why would you confuse the hell out of the people who do watch it.

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#1740SMASH
Posted: 4/20/13 at 8:02pm

DONNA FREAKIN' MCKECHNIE!!!!!

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

WhizzerMarvin
#1741SMASH
Posted: 4/20/13 at 8:26pm

Donna AND Edward Hibbert!

Marie: Don't be in such a hurry about that pretty little chippy in Frisco. Tony: Eh, she's a no chip!

WhizzerMarvin
#1742SMASH
Posted: 4/20/13 at 8:31pm

The return of Carpet!!

dramamama611
#1743SMASH
Posted: 4/20/13 at 8:34pm

The cast pary is at the Hotel Carter????

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

SonofMammaMiaSam Profile Photo
SonofMammaMiaSam
#1744SMASH
Posted: 4/20/13 at 8:35pm

Very funny!

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#1745SMASH
Posted: 4/20/13 at 8:37pm

just what I thought. Hotel Carter!!! I didn't know it looked that nice on the inside??

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

dramamama611
#1746SMASH
Posted: 4/20/13 at 8:39pm

It doesn't. (or the last time I looked inside it didn't)

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#1747SMASH
Posted: 4/20/13 at 8:40pm

I didn't think it did. wonder what they(NBC) paid the hotel to use their "front"?

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#1748SMASH
Posted: 4/20/13 at 8:40pm

How many people will want to stay at that trash hole now because it was on the show?

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

SporkGoddess
#1749SMASH
Posted: 4/20/13 at 8:43pm

Wow, that was a pretty bitchy thing for Karen to say.

Jimmy, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? It's almost 9 PM!

Videos