News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

NBC's SMASH, Season 2 -- Discussion- Page 71

NBC's SMASH, Season 2 -- Discussion

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#1750SMASH
Posted: 4/20/13 at 8:44pm

Oh, that's too, too funny.

The room the cast part is in (if it's real) is stunning.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#1751SMASH
Posted: 4/20/13 at 8:46pm

It's cute that they think they can constantly pit Katherine McBasic against Megan Hilty in these musical numbers.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#1752SMASH
Posted: 4/20/13 at 8:46pm

I will say the new Marilyn song was pretty F'in great.

dramamama611
#1753SMASH
Posted: 4/20/13 at 8:47pm

^Yes! And I loved the staging of it (with the characters of her life behind her.)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Jordan Catalano
#1754SMASH
Posted: 4/20/13 at 8:48pm

For he very first time I thought "I really want to see that musical".

SporkGoddess
#1755SMASH
Posted: 4/20/13 at 8:53pm

I know that Tom/Kyle isn't much more of an age difference than Tom/Sam, but Kyle looks like he's 12.

Does Brantley not exist in this show?

Jimmy, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? It's almost 9 PM!
Updated On: 4/20/13 at 08:53 PM

WhizzerMarvin Profile Photo
WhizzerMarvin
#1756SMASH
Posted: 4/20/13 at 8:55pm

Brantley exists. Julia said, "Well you know Ben Brantley. If you're not in US Weekly he won't give you the time of day." (or something like that)

Marie: Don't be in such a hurry about that pretty little chippy in Frisco. Tony: Eh, she's a no chip!

dramamama611
#1757SMASH
Posted: 4/20/13 at 8:56pm

And for a moment, I thought they could make Bernadette be the casualty. (What a horrid thought.)

Pammylicious Profile Photo
Pammylicious
#1758SMASH
Posted: 4/20/13 at 8:56pm

No previews again....why are they toying with us?

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#1759SMASH
Posted: 4/20/13 at 8:57pm

Why is Kyle cheating on his cute BF?

broadway guy
#1760SMASH
Posted: 4/20/13 at 8:58pm

What was the last song that ivy sang as Marilyn? the one where all the characters were surrounding her?

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#1761SMASH
Posted: 4/20/13 at 8:59pm

another great episode. so little was focused on Hit List tonight. And Hilty destroyed McZzzzz in their duet. I guessing with Bombshell now open, next week's episode will [sadly] focus on Hit List(a lot) moving to Broadway.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

all that jazz Profile Photo
all that jazz
#1762SMASH
Posted: 4/20/13 at 9:06pm

I was just able to catch the second half of the show, so there are some things I didn't understand. Katherine's acting is gradually getting worst, but her number with Ivy was spectacular.

Although I hate Kyle's new hair, I'm really happy he's getting together with Tom. I can see them collaborating since they're both having problems with their current partners.

LOVED Eileen last lines, she's the fiercest woman on that show.

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#1763SMASH
Posted: 4/20/13 at 9:10pm

Although I hate Kyle's new hair, I'm really happy he's getting together with Tom. I can see them collaborating since they're both having problems with their current partners.

And by "collaborating," you mean boning, right?
SMASH Updated On: 4/20/13 at 09:10 PM

Jordan Catalano
#1764SMASH
Posted: 4/20/13 at 9:12pm

They're collaborating on having an orgasm. It'll be a big splash!

WhizzerMarvin
#1765SMASH
Posted: 4/20/13 at 9:13pm

I basically loved this episode. It felt very season one. There was barely a mention of Hit List and we finally got Hilty/McPhee scenes. As much as I have hated on McPhee's acting, she really has chemistry with Hilty and I've missed seeing their relationship this season. Their duet was spectacular- from both sides.

Marie: Don't be in such a hurry about that pretty little chippy in Frisco. Tony: Eh, she's a no chip!

all that jazz Profile Photo
all that jazz
#1766SMASH
Posted: 4/20/13 at 9:14pm

Wicked and Jordan, That too...

Updated On: 4/20/13 at 09:14 PM

CurtainPullDowner
#1767SMASH
Posted: 4/20/13 at 9:28pm

Why wasn't Kyle's real BF at the opening?

Jordan Catalano
#1768SMASH
Posted: 4/20/13 at 9:28pm

He was banging Julia's husband.

CurtainPullDowner
#1769SMASH
Posted: 4/20/13 at 9:35pm

Oh, that makes sense.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#1770SMASH
Posted: 4/20/13 at 9:39pm

Can I love Megan Hilty any more than I do now? wow. Anyway, does any one know where they held that opening night party? gorgeous interior. didn't recognize it.

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#1771SMASH
Posted: 4/20/13 at 9:43pm

I thought this episode was awful and totally undramatic. Who cares about any of these people at this point???
AV Club rates it a C.

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

broadwayjim42
#1772SMASH
Posted: 4/20/13 at 9:45pm

I came into the episode late and almost died when I saw the Hotel Carter. That's just plain wrong.

WhizzerMarvin
#1773SMASH
Posted: 4/20/13 at 9:46pm

I thought it was very satisfying to see Bombshell actually get to opening night. We've been following this show for two years, and labor of love that it was, we finally saw it stand on its own.

On the other hand Hit List is moving through the process at warp speed. How many episodes are left? 5 or 6? And in that time period Hit List is going to open on to open off-Broadway, transfer and open on Broadway, Tony nominations will be announced and then the awards will be handed out? That's A LOT of ground to cover.

Jordan Catalano
#1774SMASH
Posted: 4/20/13 at 9:48pm

Right, but this is SMASH.

Videos