News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Starshines Unite! The official HAIR love thread...- Page 106

Starshines Unite! The official HAIR love thread...

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#2625Hair
Posted: 2/7/10 at 8:56pm

nope, only Dionne & Hud have to be black. And Bryce isn't leaving the show, so the Jason Wooten as Woof is wrong. Could he(Wooten) be playing Claude??

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#2626Hair
Posted: 2/7/10 at 9:07pm

I would like to believe that Wooten as Woof is wrong, so that I can believe that A. Young as Berger is wrong.

Diana would be OK....but I think she would make a great Jeanie.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#2627Hair
Posted: 2/7/10 at 9:15pm

I vote Jackie! Sheila! and Diana! Jeanie!

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#2628Hair
Posted: 2/7/10 at 9:16pm

^^ me too.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Devious Profile Photo
Devious
#2629Hair
Posted: 2/7/10 at 9:22pm

Wait, I've been hearing two different things

Are they filming the dance parties every night or only on tuesdays?

singalongsong2 Profile Photo
singalongsong2
#2630Hair
Posted: 2/7/10 at 9:23pm

^ They are filming the dance party every night.
Updated On: 2/7/10 at 09:23 PM

sgv123
luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#2632Hair
Posted: 2/7/10 at 10:14pm

Since when is this girl a legitimate source? For all you know, she could have just seen it here and re-posted. Not say it's not true, I have no idea, but you post it like it's a press release and at all reputable.

A work of art is an invitation to love.
Updated On: 2/7/10 at 10:14 PM

sgv123
#2633Hair
Posted: 2/7/10 at 10:17pm

I am not saying that is an official press release. She actually posted this on twitter about 2 weeks ago. She is also the one that confirmed Mandy/Wicked and Janet/Nina weeks before it was even mentioned on here. From reading her posts from the past--twitter and on the blog---she does seem to have some sort of inside info from several shows.
Updated On: 2/7/10 at 10:17 PM

Blockhead24 Profile Photo
Blockhead24
#2634Hair
Posted: 2/7/10 at 10:18pm

wasn't she the first one to confirm the Janet!Nina rumors?

ETA: oops too slow Updated On: 2/7/10 at 10:18 PM

#2635Hair
Posted: 2/7/10 at 10:21pm

Regardless of what that girl says, I'm thrilled that Diana is going into the show. I'm not so thrilled at the prospect of Ace.

luvtheEmcee
#2636Hair
Posted: 2/7/10 at 10:21pm

So maybe she is well connected -- a lot of people on here and in the blogosphere are. But it's still not legit. I'm waiting for something official until I buy it. I think Ace is a terrible choice for Berger, meh.

afaye11
#2637Hair
Posted: 2/7/10 at 10:36pm

Yeah, I think Diana will be great, I have a not too great feeling about Ace though...

ABoyLikeThat
#2638Hair
Posted: 2/7/10 at 10:52pm

I feel like they only cast him because he has Berger hair and looks good (admittedly, damn good) with his shirt off. A Broadway-worthy talent he is not.

luvtheEmcee
#2639Hair
Posted: 2/7/10 at 11:04pm

Yeah, he looks like a younger version of Swenson.

NPHCreel
#2640Hair
Posted: 2/7/10 at 11:04pm

I'll withhold judgment for now on Ace Young. It seems each time one of the people from American Idol is announced for a show there is a lot of initial resistance but they turn out alright in their roles.

I'll be curious to see which role Diana gets. If she's Sheila then they hired her for her voice, knowing she'll knock "Easy to be Hard" and "Good Morning Starshine" out of the park. If she's Jeanie then they saw her as Penny and Sarah and want to utilize her comedic gifts. If I have my choice I'd like to see her as Sheila. It would be a shame to waste that voice.

Cheshcat13 Profile Photo
Cheshcat13
#2641Hair
Posted: 2/8/10 at 12:30am

If Diana doen't play Sheila, than I agree with NPHCreel that Diana's voice will be wasted. "Easy to be Hard" is a perfect song for Diana. As Sheila, I think Diana will suprise us with her acting as she suprised us with her comedic prowess as Penny.

I'm just hoping that Ace's voice has gotten better over the years but at least he is eye candy.

"Well! I've often seen a cat without a grin," thought Alice; "but a grin without a cat! It's the most curious thing I ever saw in all my life."

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#2642Hair
Posted: 2/8/10 at 12:40am

I feel like they only cast him because he has Berger hair and looks good (admittedly, damn good) with his shirt off. A Broadway-worthy talent he is not.

He cut it all off when he did Grease. I saw a recent picture of him from the Grease tour (he's Danny) and it doesn't appear he has let it grow back.

I'll withhold judgment for now on Ace Young. It seems each time one of the people from American Idol is announced for a show there is a lot of initial resistance but they turn out alright in their roles.

Ace has already done Broadway and I saw him. He has an okay voice with a tendency to rush through his lines

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

whitesnow
#2643Hair
Posted: 2/8/10 at 1:59pm

your totally right!!!!

DefyGravity777
#2644Hair
Posted: 2/8/10 at 2:38pm

"Wait doesn't Sheila have to be black?"

This confuses me since neither Caissie Levy or Jackie Burns are black.

"I think Diana will suprise us with her acting as she suprised us with her comedic prowess as Penny."

She was very comedic in Toxic too and yes her voice would be wasted on Jeanie.

Don't believe everything that you hear! Only the peeps involved know the truth!

Luv2goToShows
#2645Hair
Posted: 2/8/10 at 3:10pm

I do not think it matters the Race of Sheila, an earlier post mentioned only Hud and Dionne have to be black.

Going to miss the original cast, hope the new cast brings it.

By the way, mentioned in another post, Hair is on TDF for Wed's Mat, if feel you like braving the snow storm to catch it.

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#2646Hair
Posted: 2/8/10 at 4:23pm

Really hope Jackie gets Shiela....

Blockhead24 Profile Photo
Blockhead24
#2647Hair
Posted: 2/8/10 at 4:46pm

Jackie isn't going to be Sheila

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#2648Hair
Posted: 2/8/10 at 4:52pm

Blockhead24,

Until proven otherwise..Jackie will be Sheila!

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#2649Hair
Posted: 2/8/10 at 10:09pm

I'll agree and say Jackie Burns needs to be Sheila. Diana can play Jeanie or Crissy. Ace Young shouldn't be cast as Berger and Paris Remillard should be the new Claude(as well as Jeanette as the new Dionne).

Videos