News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Starshines Unite! The official HAIR love thread...- Page 108

Starshines Unite! The official HAIR love thread...

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#2675Starshines Unite! The official HAIR love thread...
Posted: 2/11/10 at 8:12am

Drunk Chita Rivera

Haven Burton sounds like she would be an amazing Sheila!!!

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#2676Starshines Unite! The official HAIR love thread...
Posted: 2/11/10 at 10:18am

From what I remember about Jeannette Bayardelle, there was a paper insert saying she joined the cast. That was last week. I don't know if they are forgetting to put it in still.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#2677Starshines Unite! The official HAIR love thread...
Posted: 2/11/10 at 10:13pm

I think the writing is on the wall that Jeanette will be the next Dionne.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

MelFromLI
#2678Starshines Unite! The official HAIR love thread...
Posted: 2/12/10 at 8:19am

LOL guys, again with all this SPECULATION of the new cast!! Ya’ll are making yourselves crazy!! An OFFICIAL announcement is coming next week. I think we all know that nothing is definite when RUMORS come into play, so let’s have the Hair peeps tell us OFFICIALLY Tuesday what’s up with the new cast! Starshines Unite! The official HAIR love thread...

"To The Stage!!!" - La Vie Boheme

#2679Starshines Unite! The official HAIR love thread...
Posted: 2/12/10 at 11:58pm

I thought Jeanette was fantastic.
Also, just googled her name and her website says she will be Dionne.
http://www.jeannettebayardelle.com/

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#2680Starshines Unite! The official HAIR love thread...
Posted: 2/13/10 at 1:05am

which makes me wonder why she simply isn't listed in playbill now as a standby for Dionne??

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#2681Starshines Unite! The official HAIR love thread...
Posted: 2/13/10 at 1:08am

It's probably her choice. Standbys have the choice to opt out of the Playbill in favor of a full page insert for when they are on.

singalongsong2 Profile Photo
singalongsong2
#2682Starshines Unite! The official HAIR love thread...
Posted: 2/14/10 at 8:31pm

I'm not sure if this has been posted on here before, but I thought I would share anyway since it's pretty interesting. This is the source material for the song, "Frank Mills."

http://www.newlinetheatre.com/frankmills.pdf

Luv2goToShows
#2683Starshines Unite! The official HAIR love thread...
Posted: 2/20/10 at 10:48pm

Starshines, if you are interested, Hair on TDF for Wed Matinee 2/24 : )

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#2684Starshines Unite! The official HAIR love thread...
Posted: 2/21/10 at 8:38am

^ OUCH.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

singalongsong2 Profile Photo
singalongsong2
#2685Starshines Unite! The official HAIR love thread...
Posted: 2/22/10 at 2:37pm

I saw the show yesterday. Will Swenson was on fire! Gavin Creel was out and Paris was on as Claude. I overheard a few girls in the audience who were very upset by this. However, Paris did a great job. Sasha was fantastic! She has such a great voice. The stage door was very crowded, but most of the cast took time to sign and take pics. If you haven't seen this tribe yet, I highly suggest that you go before they leave for London!
Updated On: 2/22/10 at 02:37 PM

Play  Esq. Profile Photo
Play Esq.
#2686Starshines Unite! The official HAIR love thread...
Posted: 2/22/10 at 3:00pm

Saw it on Saturday...you didn’t miss much not having seen Gavin, he basically phoned in his performance. Will was fantastic as always, though his improv is getting a little out of hand (he noticeable interrupted several songs among the tribe with his shenanigans). Cassie, I have to say has improved markedly since the show opened. However, I have to say that much of the cast energy has dropped. For London's sake: I hope they can muster it back.

IfYouCan
#2687Starshines Unite! The official HAIR love thread...
Posted: 2/22/10 at 3:22pm

I went yesterday and it was a weird show all around. The energy was just kind of weird and it took a while for them all to seem into it and excited about the show again. I don't know what was happening but it was just sort of dull for a while until "Hair" when things finally picked up.

Jeannette was on as Abe yesterday which THRILLED me. She was absolutely hilarious and she has a startlingly powerful voice, she was really ripping into "Four Score/Abie Baby," it was awesome. Made me even more excited to see her as Dionne come March.

Paris was on as Claude. I saw him in August. I didn't like him at all then and I only like him slightly more now. Something about his characterization just seems very false and over the top. His act two is much stronger than his act one, imo.

Beyond that, the only tribe understudy was Ryan Watkinson in Paris's track. It was his last show and he really gave it his all. He sounded heavenly singing during the "What a Piece.." duet and he just had so much energy. Can't wait to see him lighting up on stage again in Promises, Promises.

DefyGravity777
#2688Starshines Unite! The official HAIR love thread...
Posted: 2/22/10 at 3:53pm

I saw the show this Sat night and it was a complete full cast. Weird not having the slip in the Playbill...lol. It was a weird show also. They were on fire and very energetic but very silly and some of them were laughing through their songs. Someone made Megan laugh all throughout her parts in Black Boys. Caissie was the best I have ever seen her.

"His act two is much stronger than his act one, imo."

I thought the exact same thing about Paris when I saw him last week.

Don't believe everything that you hear! Only the peeps involved know the truth!

TheaterLover2
#2689Starshines Unite! The official HAIR love thread...
Posted: 2/23/10 at 11:58pm

Do we know the full cast in London? If so, can someone please post a full cast list?

Silence = Death
#2690Starshines Unite! The official HAIR love thread...
Posted: 2/24/10 at 3:49pm

On his twitter, Gavin said that he was going to be on vacation this week but someone else said that they heard he had canceled that. Has he been on so far? And any clue as to which understudy would be playing Claude if he's out?

"That's what writers do. We cut ourselves open and just bleed all over the page."

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#2691Starshines Unite! The official HAIR love thread...
Posted: 2/24/10 at 4:12pm

This is what he posted Early in Feb:

Vacation alert: I'm HAIR-less (gone) feb 13 eve, 14 mat, & all week from Feb 23-28. Will b back 4 our last week! (done 4 good march 7) Peace

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

vixiedust2
#2692Starshines Unite! The official HAIR love thread...
Posted: 2/24/10 at 4:24pm

if it helps Gavin was on last night

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#2693Starshines Unite! The official HAIR love thread...
Posted: 2/24/10 at 4:38pm

I'm just going to wait until the new cast starts before seeing it again.

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#2694Starshines Unite! The official HAIR love thread...
Posted: 2/24/10 at 5:09pm

I have tickets for Friday and am really hoping Gavin is in...if anyone knows anything....post it! Thanks

sgv123
#2695Starshines Unite! The official HAIR love thread...
Posted: 2/24/10 at 5:21pm

I know it is not from Gavin, but Jay tweeted that Gavin is longer taking a vacation.

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#2696Starshines Unite! The official HAIR love thread...
Posted: 2/24/10 at 5:26pm

sgv123
Jay tweeted what?
and whats his twitter? I can't find Jay's

sgv123
sgv123
#2698Starshines Unite! The official HAIR love thread...
Posted: 2/24/10 at 6:16pm

http://twitter.com/Jay_A_Johnson

"Gavin is no longer taking a vaca... At least that's the last I heard"

Luv2goToShows
#2699Starshines Unite! The official HAIR love thread...
Posted: 2/24/10 at 7:27pm

Gavin was in today, Bryce was out so Jay went on as Woof.

Videos