News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

The New (AMAZING) Trailer For GHOST: The Musical!

The New (AMAZING) Trailer For GHOST: The Musical!

ClapYo'Hands Profile Photo
ClapYo'Hands
broadwayizme
#2The New (AMAZING) Trailer For GHOST: The Musical!
Posted: 6/8/11 at 2:04pm

This looks so amazing! I have been following it since day one, and I absolutely LOVE all of the music I have heard. I really wish I could get over to London to see it!

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#2The New (AMAZING) Trailer For GHOST: The Musical!
Posted: 6/8/11 at 2:19pm

I hope you get the show on Broadway at some point because it's AMAZING. One of the best new musicals i have seen in a long time. Some great music, strong book, fantastic cast and the design and lighting is just jaw dropping.
The act 1 finale song 'I Had a Life/ Suspend my Disbelief' sent shivers up and down my spine and at the end of the show the audience were in tears.

I’m praying that the London critics embrace this as much as they did here in Manchester during its sold out 7 week try out.

All they need to do to make the show even better is dump one song called Ball of Wax that ruins a huge dramatic and stunningly designed moment.

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

songanddanceman2
#3The New (AMAZING) Trailer For GHOST: The Musical!
Posted: 6/9/11 at 10:02am

Oh this footage is filmed from Manchester (its try out run) but the show was pretty much locked there (apart from a few changes)

Patash Profile Photo
Patash
#4The New (AMAZING) Trailer For GHOST: The Musical!
Posted: 6/9/11 at 10:12am

So should we buy tickets now for our week in early September, or just take our chances?

songanddanceman2
#5The New (AMAZING) Trailer For GHOST: The Musical!
Posted: 6/9/11 at 6:00pm

I would buy now, its advance is pretty high

kyl3fong2 Profile Photo
kyl3fong2
#6The New (AMAZING) Trailer For GHOST: The Musical!
Posted: 6/9/11 at 6:14pm

Does anybody know if the show is doing Student Rush? I am studying abroad in London come Fall Semester and really want to see this show.

ClapYo'Hands Profile Photo
ClapYo'Hands
#7The New (AMAZING) Trailer For GHOST: The Musical!
Posted: 6/9/11 at 6:17pm

Not at the moment!

jpbran Profile Photo
jpbran
#8The New (AMAZING) Trailer For GHOST: The Musical!
Posted: 6/9/11 at 7:18pm

Hmm... The idea doesn't sound that great (not a huge fan of the movie anyway), but it does look pretty slick. In a hopefully good way.

songanddanceman2
#9The New (AMAZING) Trailer For GHOST: The Musical!
Posted: 6/9/11 at 9:35pm

I think the idea is perfect, i was shocked they never did this earlier

Nettik
#10The New (AMAZING) Trailer For GHOST: The Musical!
Posted: 6/9/11 at 9:44pm

The set and lighting look phenomenal. I hope this comes to Broadway at some point!

ReggieonBway Profile Photo
ReggieonBway
#11The New (AMAZING) Trailer For GHOST: The Musical!
Posted: 6/9/11 at 10:29pm

Looks great, but I have some major issues with the dude's voice. He can belt, but his vowels get so distorted when he does. Updated On: 6/9/11 at 10:29 PM

bwayfan7000
#12The New (AMAZING) Trailer For GHOST: The Musical!
Posted: 6/9/11 at 10:47pm

This is the first I've seen or heard of this show (I knew nothing other than its existence) and I would buy a ticket NOW if it were opening on Broadway. That looks gorgeous.

"Art, in itself, is an attempt to bring order out of chaos."-Stephen Sondheim

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#13The New (AMAZING) Trailer For GHOST: The Musical!
Posted: 6/9/11 at 11:16pm

WOW.

Need to see this

songanddanceman2
#14The New (AMAZING) Trailer For GHOST: The Musical!
Posted: 6/10/11 at 12:09pm

"Looks great, but I have some major issues with the dude's voice. He can belt, but his vowels get so distorted when he does"

I noticed that on the clip but during the show hes fine, must have been a bad day. He's called Richard Fleeshman, used to be a soap star, did some support roles in the West End (Warner in Legally Blonde) after he did a reality show called Soap Star Superstar where we heard him sing for the first time and were quite shocked at how good he was. This is his big breakout role and he does a brilliant job......oh and hes hot as hell lol

trentsketch Profile Photo
trentsketch
#15The New (AMAZING) Trailer For GHOST: The Musical!
Posted: 6/10/11 at 12:18pm

Wow. That looks incredible. The lighting design is insane in the best way possible.

egghumor Profile Photo
egghumor
#16The New (AMAZING) Trailer For GHOST: The Musical!
Posted: 6/11/11 at 8:36am

AMAZING??? Really?

Sorry to be the voice of dissent here, but based on this promo, this is exactly the kind of show I would never buy a ticket to see. As jpbran expressed earlier, I too am not a fan of the movie. This production looks like yet another example of the growing trend of trying to re-create movies on stage with live actors. Most audiences are very familiar with the plot, and so the only new thing(s) are the very formulaic songs that are distributed throughout and the very high-tech design that to me, is not theater, but rather some sort of TV show on stage. The whole thing looks incredibly uninteresting to me. No doubt many people will love this show, but I think it represents so much of what is wrong with musical theater today. Sorry.

songanddanceman2
#17The New (AMAZING) Trailer For GHOST: The Musical!
Posted: 6/11/11 at 9:48am

You could not be more wrong. Unlike the other movie to stage adaptations Ghost is something that has really being thought out. Every detail, the book is strong and the music flows in with ease, performances are top notch and the visual offers something brand new (also some stuff is in here effects wise that does not happen in the film).

Why is the high tech design not theatre? should shows still be using flats? get a grip, the video screens (which also maove around the stage to make shapes that create rooms etc) is a BRILLIANT idea for this show and keeps it miving at a great speed. They never get in the way but just add to the scenes. Most times the videos are just showing a wall, or a doorway etc, very small things. To say using this kinda thing is not Theatre though could only becoming frm someone whos at least in their 50s and wanting theatre to stay the same and not advance forward.

As for the music being formulaic, again, wow, no.

What's the big deal if this came from a movie? as long as its a good piece of work then what does it matter? especially since most musicals come from something else

MichaelRhodus Profile Photo
MichaelRhodus
#18The New (AMAZING) Trailer For GHOST: The Musical!
Posted: 6/11/11 at 1:42pm

This lighting design is new and innovative, I feel like a lot of people won't be able to enjoy it.
I, however, think it's BRILL and I'm so sad I'll never get to see it in London. Not to mention Caissie's voice give me chills.

ReggieonBway Profile Photo
ReggieonBway
#19The New (AMAZING) Trailer For GHOST: The Musical!
Posted: 6/11/11 at 2:55pm

If it's a hit in London (and purely from that trailer, I'd say there's a good chance of it) it'll surely come over to New York.

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#20The New (AMAZING) Trailer For GHOST: The Musical!
Posted: 6/11/11 at 6:20pm

This looks stunningly brilliant on every level.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

chernjam Profile Photo
chernjam
#21The New (AMAZING) Trailer For GHOST: The Musical!
Posted: 6/11/11 at 8:49pm

Have to admit, I had only vaguely heard of this musical in passing and was drawn by the subject headline ("AMAZING"). The trailer looks really terrific, but even more, because I saw that, I clicked on another video of the actress singing "With You."

Wow - what a song.

Very interested now, will be keeping an eye out and have already pre-ordered the With You single (proceeds for Stand Up To Cancer... buy it if for that alone, but you won't regret this "charitable donation")

Thanks for posting. Glad to have stumbled on this

egghumor Profile Photo
egghumor
#22The New (AMAZING) Trailer For GHOST: The Musical!
Posted: 6/11/11 at 8:51pm

Every time I watch that promo, the more I'm convinced that it's FROZEN KUCKA ON A STICK!

themysteriousgrowl Profile Photo
themysteriousgrowl
#23The New (AMAZING) Trailer For GHOST: The Musical!
Posted: 6/11/11 at 8:52pm

Definitely reserving judgment on the music and lyrics, but even as someone not typically "wow"-ed by flashy visuals and such, that overall design is a real knockout.

CHURCH DOOR TOUCAN GAY MARKETING PUPPIES MUSICAL THEATER STAPLES PERIOD OIL BITCHY SNARK HOLES

allofmylife Profile Photo
allofmylife
#24The New (AMAZING) Trailer For GHOST: The Musical!
Posted: 6/11/11 at 8:57pm

That was some amazing video. The cast must get baked under all that lighting.

http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=972787#3631451 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=963561#3533883 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=955158#3440952 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=954269#3427915 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=955012#3441622 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=954344#3428699

Videos