News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

What’s next for The Broadway Theatre?- Page 3

What’s next for The Broadway Theatre?

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#50What’s next for The Broadway Theatre?
Posted: 12/14/23 at 4:29pm

I’m going to buy the Broadway and knock it down if yall keep this up. 

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#51What’s next for The Broadway Theatre?
Posted: 12/14/23 at 5:23pm

I’ve never seen so much fixation on what potentially has which theater and when on this board than in the last month or so. 

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

inception Profile Photo
inception
#52What’s next for The Broadway Theatre?
Posted: 12/14/23 at 5:50pm

I know exactly what will happen.

There is an as yet to be  publicly named show that will take the Broadway and run for a yet to be determined amount of time, based upon that yet to be publicly named show's ticket sales.  Eventually it will close.  I predict within somewhere between 20 days to 35 years of it starting previews. And then at another future date,  another as yet to be determined show will open in the same theater.

I'm as good as that frigging psychic Streisand went to when she made Yentl.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#53What’s next for The Broadway Theatre?
Posted: 12/14/23 at 8:34pm

Adele, Lady Gaga & Streisand will rotate between the Broadway, the Palace and the Circle in the Square for 6 weeks in the Spring!!

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Voter
#54What’s next for The Broadway Theatre?
Posted: 12/14/23 at 9:00pm

ACL2006 said: "Adele, Lady Gaga & Streisand will rotate between the Broadway, the Palace and the Circle in the Square for 6 weeks in the Spring!!"

Sure, Jan

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#55What’s next for The Broadway Theatre?
Posted: 12/15/23 at 1:07am

^no! Boop is going there for 3 days, followed by the sack of crap that is a The Great Gatsby playing in the heads of the Stans on Reddit , followed by my friend who once attended a show but squats in the alley behind the theatre therefore can claim residency at Schubert HQ. 

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#56What’s next for The Broadway Theatre?
Posted: 12/15/23 at 10:12am

OhHiii said: "Jordan Catalano said: "A few weeks ago I was talking with a Shubert employee who told me (and I can’t verify this, I was just told by him) that for HLL, The Shuberts changed the contract so that the cost of restoring the theater falls on whatever show comes in next, changing it from how usually is on the show that closes. If anyone can verify or even tell me they’d not true, I’d be very interested."

Well I guess we can add you to the list of folks whose industry friends know nothing of which they speak because this is actually absurd to even consider as fact. ANY rental contract for ANY broadway theatre requires upfront payment of restoration expenses. Every single time.
"

What a miserable, bitchy queen you are lol And not terribly smart either, as Jordan asked a question because they heard something that sounded ridiculous. Be kinder to people.

As Anna Faris says in the comedy masterpiece The House Bunny: kindness is just love with its work boots on. 

You get nothing out of being miserable to people you don’t know online. Stop acting like a 12 year old.

OhHiii
#57What’s next for The Broadway Theatre?
Posted: 12/15/23 at 10:21am

Broadway Flash said: "OhHiii, since you seem to know what goes on, do you have any idea what’s coming into the Broadway?"

Yes, as I've said. Papermill Gatsby. 

And it's just so funny to me some of you are the most HORRIBLE to people on here. There are people on here who know that they're spewing false or made up information and ya'll eat. it. up. And as we all know, there are people who are in the industry with meaningful knowledge on here who call people on this and by default they're meanies. 

But yes, please, name calling really shows your moral superiority. 

Updated On: 12/15/23 at 10:21 AM

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#58What’s next for The Broadway Theatre?
Posted: 12/15/23 at 10:30am

OhHiii said: "Broadway Flash said: "OhHiii, since you seem to know what goes on, do you have any idea what’s coming into the Broadway?"

Yes, as I've said. Papermill Gatsby.

And it's just so funny to me some of you are the HORRIBLE to people on here. There are people on here who know that they're spewing false or made up information and ya'll eat. it. up. And as we all know, there are people who are in the industry with meaningful knowledge on here who call people on this and by default they're meanies.

But yes, please, name calling really shows your moral superiority.
"

Hey, at least I don’t make fun of random people on the internet that I don’t know just because I can. 

This is a Broadway message board, people are going to post rumors or things they’ve heard. If you don’t like that, and I’m quoting Patti LuPone here, get the f*ck out. 

OhHiii
#59What’s next for The Broadway Theatre?
Posted: 12/15/23 at 10:34am

How is me saying someone's sources are clearly not reliable based on what information said sources provided in any way making fun of someone? Please, begging you, touch grass. Not everyone is mean because they point out the obvious.

JSquared2
#60What’s next for The Broadway Theatre?
Posted: 12/15/23 at 12:26pm

n2nbaby said: "What a miserable, bitchy queen you are lol And not terribly smart either, as Jordan asked a question because they heard something that sounded ridiculous. Be kinder to people.

As Anna Faris says in the comedy masterpiece The House Bunny: kindness is just love with its work boots on.

You get nothing out of being miserable to people you don’t know online. Stop acting like a 12 year old.
"

Or how about this n2n --- maybe try following your own advice?  Either put on your big boy pants and suck it up -- or else GTFO.  People are allowed to call out other people when they post second and third hand gossip as "industry sources".

simplecactus
#61What’s next for The Broadway Theatre?
Posted: 12/15/23 at 12:55pm

Where are the mods to do clean up on this thread. It’s clear no one knows what’s going in The Broadway yet. More importantly, why it’s everyone so fixated in what’s next for this theatre? We’ll find out when the time is right. Relax. 

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#62What’s next for The Broadway Theatre?
Posted: 12/15/23 at 1:07pm

Gotta love it when someone on a theatre message board genuinely wonders why theatre-obsessed people are interested in discussing random speculative theatre topics. 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#63What’s next for The Broadway Theatre?
Posted: 12/15/23 at 1:12pm

Voter said: "ACL2006 said: "Adele, Lady Gaga & Streisand will rotate between the Broadway, the Palace and the Circle in the Square for 6 weeks in the Spring!!"

Sure, Jan
"

The fact that you took this seriously shows what a moron you are.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

hearthemsing22
#64What’s next for The Broadway Theatre?
Posted: 12/15/23 at 5:38pm

simplecactus said: "Where are the mods to do clean up on this thread. It’s clear no one knows what’s going in The Broadway yet. More importantly, why it’s everyone so fixated in what’s next for this theatre? We’ll find out when the time is right. Relax."

Why is everyone so determined to act like they know all too? Why does everyone have to have an insider/industry friend who knows or whatever? It's okay if you don't babes. It's truly okay and they need to accept that 

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#65What’s next for The Broadway Theatre?
Posted: 12/15/23 at 5:49pm

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "Convert it to a thrust stage, pull the mezz forward a bit, kill 200 seats in the rear mezz, and add an elevator.

(((I know that's not happening)))
"

This doesn’t answer the topic at hand, but it is the only answer that arguably SHOULD be happening.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement
Updated On: 12/18/23 at 05:49 PM

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#66What’s next for The Broadway Theatre?
Posted: 12/15/23 at 5:50pm

Yikes, we haven't had a board meltdown in awhile. 

I can't wait for ANY announcement to be made, so we can freaking move on. 

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

singer234
#67What’s next for The Broadway Theatre?
Posted: 12/15/23 at 5:55pm

It’s also strange because a lot of people who actually ARE involved with these shows (including their producers) have never heard the rumors people are “confirming” on here and are like…news to me!!! But it’s fun for them to watch people make announcements based in zero truth lol.

thephantomlurker
#68What’s next for The Broadway Theatre?
Posted: 12/16/23 at 9:50am

Well this has been quite the read.

But yes, OhHi is correct - it's Papermill Gatsby (and as an "insider," I'm as shocked as the rest of you).

Jordan - I think your source is wrong, for the reasons enumerated above (plus they have a hard enough time as it is getting anyone to take that monstrosity of a theater). I wouldn't be surprised if the SHUBERTS offered split the cost of the restoration, but I cannot imagine they're making the next show pay for it.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#69What’s next for The Broadway Theatre?
Posted: 12/16/23 at 10:43am

lol. It wasn’t a “source”. It was a dude I was introduced to who is employed by the company and said something that sounded insane. Literally never said it was a fact or from a trusted friend (like when I post other things I know to be from reliable people). 

Broadway Flash Profile Photo
Broadway Flash
#70What’s next for The Broadway Theatre?
Posted: 12/16/23 at 10:50am

Will Paper Mill Gatsby open Spring or Summer?

BroadwayRox3588 Profile Photo
BroadwayRox3588
#71What’s next for The Broadway Theatre?
Posted: 12/16/23 at 9:31pm

This thread:

What’s next for The Broadway Theatre?

throwaway
#72What’s next for The Broadway Theatre?
Posted: 12/18/23 at 7:59am

It's Papermill Gatsby.

It's this season, first preview probably late March/early April. 

All shows are required to keep the money for the post closing theater restore in a bond, and there was some speculation that HLL might try to sell some of that bond to another show that might want to keep the immersive configuration (shuffling Cabaret, or the Guys and Dolls transfer) but I don't know if it was ever anything but speculation.

Y'all are really mean to each other on this board over what's ultimately nothing lol.  

Updated On: 12/18/23 at 07:59 AM

hearthemsing22
#73What’s next for The Broadway Theatre?
Posted: 12/18/23 at 10:51am

throwaway said: "It's Papermill Gatsby.

It's this season, first preview probably late March/early April.

All shows are required to keep the money for the post closing theater restore in a bond, and there was some speculation that HLL might try to sell some of that bond to another show that might want to keep the immersive configuration (shuffling Cabaret, or the Guys and Dolls transfer) but I don't know if it was ever anything but speculation.

Y'all are really mean to each other on this board over what's ultimately nothing lol.
"

It's their hobby. They think they can hide behind their screens and say whatever they want with no consequence because of, I don't know, maybe their age, how long they've been on here, a superiority complex, etc. And they never have to apologize for how rude they can be either. It's whatever they want and no how dare you disagree with them or if you do disagree with them it's because you want to start a fight or something when that is so far from the truth. They can dish it out but not take it. 

Videos