Posted: 3/1/06 at 12:02pm

Who's up for it?
Who will get it?

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#1re: REPLACEMENT TONY?
Posted: 3/1/06 at 12:03pm

CAPS LOCK?!?!?!

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde

Thesbijean
#2re: REPLACEMENT TONY?
Posted: 3/1/06 at 12:06pm

I am going to get it

MargoChanning
#3re: REPLACEMENT TONY?
Posted: 3/1/06 at 12:12pm

There are so many ifs and buts and contradictions and exceptions in the eligibility rules for this category that I'm waiting for the Tony committee to put their list of eligible replacements out there and then I might have an opinion.

"What a story........ everything but the bloodhounds snappin' at her rear end." -- Birdie [http://margochanning.broadwayworld.com/] "The Devil Be Hittin' Me" -- Whitney

popcultureboy Profile Photo
popcultureboy
#4re: REPLACEMENT TONY?
Posted: 3/1/06 at 12:20pm

It's the Tony for the Re-Creation Of A Role, if we're going to be official about it.

Nothing precious, plain to see, don't make a fuss over me. Not loud, not soft, but somewhere inbetween. Say sorry, just let it be the word you mean.

melissa errico fan Profile Photo
melissa errico fan
#5re: REPLACEMENT TONY?
Posted: 3/1/06 at 12:22pm

If there is a God, it'll go to Dame Eileen.

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#6re: REPLACEMENT TONY?
Posted: 3/1/06 at 2:00pm

This category confuses the crap out of me.

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#7re: REPLACEMENT TONY?
Posted: 3/1/06 at 2:03pm

Me too. It's irritating.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#8re: REPLACEMENT TONY?
Posted: 3/1/06 at 2:04pm

I'm pulling for Smokey Robinson.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#9re: REPLACEMENT TONY?
Posted: 3/1/06 at 2:08pm

That would take a "Miracle".

Just give the world Love.

children&art Profile Photo
children&art
#10re: REPLACEMENT TONY?
Posted: 3/1/06 at 2:58pm

so for those of us who are idiots, what are the basic guidelines for this category?

Don't f*ck with me fellas. This ain't my first time at the rodeo.

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#11re: REPLACEMENT TONY?
Posted: 3/1/06 at 2:59pm

I don't remember offhand, I just remember reading the guidelines and still being confused.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#12re: REPLACEMENT TONY?
Posted: 3/1/06 at 3:03pm

You need to be contracted to do a show for at least six months.

There will be no nominations.

There will be a seperate award for Actor/Actress.

At the TONY ceremony they will just award it. (Or the committee reserves the right to not award it at all, if they feel no replacement is worthy of the award that year.)

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#13re: REPLACEMENT TONY?
Posted: 3/1/06 at 5:35pm

Thanks Fo!!!
Is there a date from which they have to have started?
Caps unlocked.

#14re: REPLACEMENT TONY?
Posted: 3/1/06 at 5:39pm

It's actually Foa, if we're getting technical.

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#15re: REPLACEMENT TONY?
Posted: 3/1/06 at 5:42pm

I knowa
I just like calling them Fo fo short

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#16re: REPLACEMENT TONY?
Posted: 3/1/06 at 6:11pm

I cans e eit going to Megan Hilty in the musical category, and Eileen Atkins in the play category (If I'm understanding this whole thing correctly.)

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#17re: REPLACEMENT TONY?
Posted: 3/1/06 at 6:11pm

For some reason I severely doubt Hilty would win it.

popcultureboy Profile Photo
popcultureboy
#18re: REPLACEMENT TONY?
Posted: 3/1/06 at 6:21pm

There will be a seperate award for Actor/Actress.

Is that official now? Last I heard, it was just one award, and not split for actor and actress.

Nothing precious, plain to see, don't make a fuss over me. Not loud, not soft, but somewhere inbetween. Say sorry, just let it be the word you mean.

FoscasBohemianDream
#19re: REPLACEMENT TONY?
Posted: 3/1/06 at 6:50pm

There's no distinction between actor in a musical or play or between actor and actress, it's just one general award although in the same season the award may go to more than one person or it could not be awarded to anyone.

Broadwayluva Profile Photo
Broadwayluva
#20re: REPLACEMENT TONY?
Posted: 3/1/06 at 7:34pm

so if there are no nominees, then the winner MAY not be there to accept it, right?

NJRae Profile Photo
NJRae
#21re: REPLACEMENT TONY?
Posted: 3/1/06 at 9:20pm

Why not Hilty? I know a lot of people who think she is the best Glinda out there . . . Personally I have nothing to compare her to but I thought she was great!

"I wrote a book: "How to Be Popular". Now I've put together a top ten list of how to help you: -Elphie, everyday... shower. I mean, who knows? Maybe some of that green is gonna come off! -Deodorant Elphie. No body likes a stinky witch! -I think we've covered the hair, we'll get to that. -Clean underclothes. That's all I'm gonna say. -Look at your posture. That's no way to be popular! -Bed made, room straightened. We've done that. -Colors blended. Oookay. -But the most important thing to have, to make yourself popular, is to keep your beautiful smile." ~Kristin Chenoweth in her last performance of the song "Popular"

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#22re: REPLACEMENT TONY?
Posted: 3/1/06 at 9:29pm

I think, if there is a winner, the TONY committee will invite the winner (and probably some of the others they were considering) so that they don't just give away who they've picked.

Scottie310
#23re: REPLACEMENT TONY?
Posted: 3/1/06 at 9:29pm

I thought it was going to be awarded at the seperate ceramony for special Tony awards? I might be making that up though...

Yankeefan007
#24re: REPLACEMENT TONY?
Posted: 3/1/06 at 9:33pm

Hilty will be gone by Tony time. They have to be playing when the awards take place, I believe. I could be wrong.

Videos