New Fantine!

sopranobiz Profile Photo
sopranobiz
#1New Fantine!
Posted: 11/21/06 at 1:40pm

Tara Rubin Casting will be auditioning Daphne's temporary replacement in the next couple weeks. Any speculation? I'm guessing it will be someone ethnic to match up with the current Cosette but maybe that's not necessary.
*Julia Murney?
*Alice Ripley?
*Nikki Renee Daniels bumped up?

mikeyb16 Profile Photo
mikeyb16
#1re: New Fantine!
Posted: 11/21/06 at 1:42pm

Is Daphne leaving or something?

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#2re: New Fantine!
Posted: 11/21/06 at 1:48pm

mikey, Daphne is taking an extended leave to do another show.

I hope they bump Nikki up. She's a fantastic talent.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#3re: New Fantine!
Posted: 11/21/06 at 1:53pm

Is Daphne leaving or something?

Her absence was announced back when she was first cast.

I'm guessing it will be someone ethnic to match up with the current Cosette but maybe that's not necessary.

As long as it's not Joan Almedilla again.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

WaltSummersPI Profile Photo
WaltSummersPI
#4re: New Fantine!
Posted: 11/21/06 at 1:54pm

Harvey Fierstein.

jess20882 Profile Photo
jess20882
#5re: New Fantine!
Posted: 11/21/06 at 2:06pm

i think rebecca luker would be a fabulous fantine. too bad she's in mary poppins right now (which i do love)...

re: New Fantine!

lucydee Profile Photo
lucydee
#6re: New Fantine!
Posted: 11/21/06 at 2:09pm

Does anyone know exactly the date she is leaving?
Will she be there in February?

Feel the Love - Les Mis

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#7re: New Fantine!
Posted: 11/21/06 at 2:21pm

lucydee, she is leaving at the end of January and should be back before the summer. I don't know the exact dates she'll be out.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

ken8631 Profile Photo
ken8631
#8re: New Fantine!
Posted: 11/21/06 at 2:32pm

No comment....

Kitzarina Profile Photo
Kitzarina
#9re: New Fantine!
Posted: 11/21/06 at 2:33pm

Ahh, I was wondering how long it would take. Did anyone have 51 minutes and 18 seconds?

"You're the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber!" --Family Guy

"Shut up! It's been 29 years!!!" --the incomparable Patti LuPone in her MUCH DESERVED Tony acceptance speech for Gypsy.

Kitzy's Avatar du Jour: Kitzy as Little Red Ridinghood in her college's production of "Into the Woods"

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#10re: New Fantine!
Posted: 11/21/06 at 2:46pm

I hope Deborah Gibson or Ashlee Simpson is free.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

Amneris Profile Photo
Amneris
#11re: New Fantine!
Posted: 11/21/06 at 2:57pm

maybe Ida Espinzel can do it when she flys in from London.

Just a suggestion..

alliez92092 Profile Photo
alliez92092
#12re: New Fantine!
Posted: 11/21/06 at 3:04pm

I absolutely love Julia, but I don't think so.

All_For_Laura Profile Photo
All_For_Laura
#13re: New Fantine!
Posted: 11/21/06 at 3:11pm

Alice-Yes Please
Carolee Carmello would be amazing if she wasn't in Mamma Mia

...What happened next, was stranger still, a woman breathless and afraid, appeared out of the night, completely dressed in white. She had a secret she would tell, of one who had mistreated her. Her face and frightened gaze, my mind cannot erase...But then she ran from view. She looked so much like you...

Amneris Profile Photo
Amneris
#14re: New Fantine!
Posted: 11/21/06 at 3:17pm

carolee would have been perfect from the start... perhaps Louise Pitre should have stepped back into Mia for the 5th year which would have been amazing and carolee did Les Miz.

ElFantasma14 Profile Photo
ElFantasma14
#15re: New Fantine!
Posted: 11/21/06 at 3:21pm

It is the most unlikely choice ever, but it would be awesome if Patti LuPone stepped in to play Fantine for the limited engagement. She did create the role afterall. Then again, just dreaming....

The woman playing Rona Lisa Piretti (sp?) in Spelling Bee has expressed interest in playing Fantine for ages. In a fair world with no prejudices against people of her size, she might have a really good chance.

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#16re: New Fantine!
Posted: 11/21/06 at 3:24pm

The woman playing Rona Lisa Piretti (sp?) in Spelling Bee has expressed interest in playing Fantine for ages. In a fair world with no prejudices against people of her size, she might have a really good chance.

I though Lisa Howard has actually played Fantine already, on the tour? Or I could be making that up.

Amneris Profile Photo
Amneris
#17re: New Fantine!
Posted: 11/21/06 at 3:25pm

she was in the tour of LM i believe (Lisa Howard). Who cares if she is an average build in my opinion. She is gorgeous and talented. I think she would be wonderful in the role as well. She needs something better than Bee.

PB ENT. Profile Photo
PB ENT.
#18re: New Fantine!
Posted: 11/21/06 at 3:28pm

LOL! And just how much $ do you think Cameron will offer for a Fantine replacement? If he didn't offer $$$$$$ to cast Valjean, what makes you think he'll break the bank for the female who dies in the first act? Do you a think Patti, Idina, etc. would tie up 6 mos. for -$. Think $ numbers! That's all I'm saying.

www.pbentertainmentinc.com BWW regional writer "Philadelphia/South Jersey"

Amneris Profile Photo
Amneris
#19re: New Fantine!
Posted: 11/21/06 at 3:29pm

then how about we rotate all the females on bww.com who post? none of us could be worse .. nevermind.

Colle
#20re: New Fantine!
Posted: 11/21/06 at 3:30pm

Someone who I think would be neat if she go the part of Fantine would be Candice Nicole(Safstrom), the last factory girl/Fantine understudy on the tour. I wish I could have seen her as Fantine(I saw her as the factory girl), but I have heard good things about her the few times she did go on, and about her audition for the tour. I did get to meet her at the stage door and get her autograph. Here is an article about her that tells about her audition, from what it does say it sounds like she has the potential to be a great regular Fantine. Did anyone here get to see her as Fantine?
Candice Nicole article

ElFantasma14 Profile Photo
ElFantasma14
#21re: New Fantine!
Posted: 11/21/06 at 3:41pm

I made it clear I knew there was no way in hell Patti would ever do it, or for that matter they'd spend the dough to cast her. I was just expressing my opinion that it would be nice to see her in the role.

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#22re: New Fantine!
Posted: 11/21/06 at 3:44pm

I love Julia, but I don't see it happening.

Lisa Howard could do it. She'd actually be amazing, IMO.

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

defyingravity11 Profile Photo
defyingravity11
#23re: New Fantine!
Posted: 11/21/06 at 3:46pm

Shoshana!

Just kidding re: New Fantine!

Maybe Lisa Howard.

"In theater, the process of it is the experience. Everyone goes through the process, and everyone has the experience together. It doesn't last - only in people's memories and in their hearts. That's the beauty and sadness of it. But that's life - beauty and the sadness. And that is why theater is life." - Sherie Rene Scott

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#24re: New Fantine!
Posted: 11/21/06 at 3:47pm

I though Lisa Howard has actually played Fantine already, on the tour? Or I could be making that up.

She understudied Mme. Thénardier in 2000/2001. I saw her go on a couple of times and she was excellent.
http://lisahowardnyc.com/

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Videos