pixeltracker

"How to get away with Murder" on ABC..wow!!!- Page 2

"How to get away with Murder" on ABC..wow!!!

Jungle Red Profile Photo
Jungle Red
#25Get Away with Murder
Posted: 9/27/14 at 1:53am

We know Viola's character lies for a living. What would stop her from lying to a student?

I was really hoping they would reveal a woman, um...

****SPOILER*******

Giving Viola some kitty licks in her no no place

*****END SPOILER******

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#26Get Away with Murder
Posted: 9/27/14 at 9:22pm

I really liked it too. I wasn't expecting the body to be who it was -- but I couldn't tell who I WAS expecting! So, the real question is, of course, WHO actually killed him??

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

bwaylyric Profile Photo
bwaylyric
#27Get Away with Murder
Posted: 9/28/14 at 9:12am

It reminded me of the Desperate Housewives pilot (minus the giggles). Maybe someone will be getting a letter in the mailbox soon with the words "I know what you did, and it makes me sick."

rosscoe(au) Profile Photo
rosscoe(au)
#28Get Away with Murder
Posted: 9/28/14 at 9:42am

Enjoyed it very much, was surprised to see who was in the carpet, can't wait to see where it goes.

Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#29Get Away with Murder
Posted: 9/28/14 at 3:02pm

I think this series has the potential to keep us on our toes with twists and turns...it's pretty smart, and I know I wanna know more!

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#30Get Away with Murder
Posted: 9/28/14 at 11:12pm

Annaliese Keating IS Keyser Söze !!!

JerseyGirl2 Profile Photo
JerseyGirl2
#31Get Away with Murder
Posted: 9/30/14 at 3:29am

I don't know. I am going to give it another couple of episodes, but I didn't love it.

FULL OF SPOILERS!!!

It reminded me of Scandal, in that nothing is black and white. No character is clean. It just didn't offer any sort of build to that, like Scandal did. Viola's character, while someone I would have loved as a professor, didn't seem to have any personal redeeming qualities. I had no reason to invest in her. She's cheating on her husband, who is apparently cheating on her with at least her colleague and probably his recently dead student. She's willing to push her boyfriend into either lying on the stand or admitting to something privately shared in pillow talk. She has that freaky weird moment with her new student. If the conversation with Wes WAS legit, it seemed incredibly out of character for this character we barely know. If her character is capable of that, to me, it crumbles the whole idea of who this strong woman would be. She seems like a damn nut. I thought she was certainly acting, but then when there was no immediate "that oughtta do it" look, I questioned it. I didn't care about any of the secondary characters.

I am hoping it improves.

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!

SonofRobbieJ Profile Photo
SonofRobbieJ
#32Get Away with Murder
Posted: 9/30/14 at 10:57am

^ Everything you write above is what makes me want to watch. We've been watching men behave so badly for the last few years that to see a woman (a black woman at that) become the anti-heroine is dizzying in the most wonderful way.

JerseyGirl2 Profile Photo
JerseyGirl2
#33Get Away with Murder
Posted: 9/30/14 at 12:35pm

God, I am getting so effing conservative in my old age.

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#34Get Away with Murder
Posted: 9/30/14 at 12:58pm

Loved it. And I agree.. everything JerseyGirl said is why I loved it.

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

erinrebecca
#35Get Away with Murder
Posted: 10/1/14 at 11:10am

It was mildly entertaining but only due to Viola Davis. The premise is pretty ridiculous. I get that 'no one expected a realistic depiction of law school' but this wasn't even in the same hemisphere.

EricMontreal22 Profile Photo
EricMontreal22
#36Get Away with Murder
Posted: 10/1/14 at 1:21pm

In an interview, the creator says that each week will get a stand alone mystery that will be solved by episode end. But... I didn't think this one was? We saw that she (probably) got her BF to lie to get her client off, but...

SonofRobbieJ Profile Photo
SonofRobbieJ
#37Get Away with Murder
Posted: 10/1/14 at 1:35pm

^ Really? I think she forced her boyfriend to tell the truth under oath.

EricMontreal22
#38Get Away with Murder
Posted: 10/1/14 at 1:44pm

It could be either, I suppose (though of course she didn't deny it when her student asked that question.) Either way, the mystery wasn't solved (not that I was too invested in whodunnit in that case.)

FindingNamo
#39Get Away with Murder
Posted: 10/2/14 at 2:20am

"We've been watching men behave so badly for the last few years that to see a woman (a black woman at that) become the anti-heroine is dizzying in the most wonderful way."

Took me all week to get through it because I have a lot going on but I LOVE that this isn't about a male hierarchy.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
#40Get Away with Murder
Posted: 10/3/14 at 9:53am

I actually liked this episode even more. The "case of the week" (Steven Weber!) was more fleshed out and more interesting, I think.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#41Get Away with Murder
Posted: 10/3/14 at 10:40am

Steven Weber's character was like a poor man's Colin Sweeney from The Good Wife.

I do find the show entertaining, mostly because Viola Davis is such a talent.

I wouldn't call the show high drama, but it is a fun little piece of fluff, even though it's ridiculous.

doodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
#42Get Away with Murder
Posted: 10/3/14 at 10:45am

I finally watched ep. 1 last night, and didnt love it. I LOVE Viola as much as anyone here, or more, and she is terrific.

The problem, and why I stopped watching Grey's, beside the fact that I hated the main character/actor, was that it was just too far fetched. I wanted to like it, but I rolled my eyes too much. I will definitely give it a few more episodes.

I didnt like any of the other characters or actors in that episode. I know the characters arent fleshed out yet, but was hoping for a good ensemble. I really liked McGorry on "Orange...", but not here.

"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

"In Oz, the verb is douchifizzation." PRS

EricMontreal22
#43Get Away with Murder
Posted: 10/3/14 at 1:48pm

Whereas, back when I watched Grey's, I assumed they thought they were doing legit drama, with Murder I get no sense of that, so the far fetched part doesn't bother me. All the marketing, and the show itself, seems to be about what a campy, guilty pleasure it is.

doodlenyc Profile Photo
doodlenyc
#44Get Away with Murder
Posted: 10/3/14 at 2:09pm

Agreed...which is why i don't mind giving it a few more chances.

I mean, I watch "American Horror Story" for gosh sake!

"Carson has combined his passion for helping children with his love for one of Cincinnati's favorite past times - cornhole - to create a unique and exciting event perfect for a corporate outing, entertaining clients or family fun."

"In Oz, the verb is douchifizzation." PRS

EricMontreal22
#45Get Away with Murder
Posted: 10/3/14 at 9:05pm

Ha! And so do I. My issue with AMHS is when Murphy (Falchuk is eternally silent about the show,) claims it is tackling social issues, or is brave in some other way. I think the main thing right now for him, from all of the AMHS interviews is an emphasis on how scary this season will be -- after some fan backlash over how crappy his camp season last year was.

Anyway :P How to Get Away With Murder, I think, is targeted towards people who didn't find Scandal (which I admit, I don't watch,) scandalous enough. I'm fine with that. But I admit, with that expectation in mind, on last night's episode I still found Viola's character's tears at certain scenes hard to believe. So either there is some reveal that they will make about how everything in her own life has been manipulated (similar to the questions about her scene about wanting a child in last week's episode,) or the show has already gone wildly off track.

I did like that the "case of each episode" this week actually made it clear who the killer was. It was fun seeing Steven Webber--my main thoughts on him are how when I was a kid I was obsessed with Tim Daly who was his brother, I think, on Wings. Seeing him on The Shining miniseries which I only remember thinking was awful, and how heartbreakingly great he was as Sam Blue, the married man Judy kept going back to on Once and Again.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#46Get Away with Murder
Posted: 10/3/14 at 9:19pm

Annalise’s husband is the weakest in the cast, very little chemistry with her.

Jungle Red Profile Photo
Jungle Red
#47Get Away with Murder
Posted: 10/4/14 at 11:40pm

Murder isn't shy in showing skin on skin, which I like, especially the gay scene.

I think knowing that we know the husband is killed makes me care about him less.

FindingNamo
#48Get Away with Murder
Posted: 10/5/14 at 12:43am

"very little chemistry with her."

Their marriage is in bad shape.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

erinrebecca
#49Get Away with Murder
Posted: 10/5/14 at 9:13am

ericmontreal, Steven Weber was also very good in Murder in the First which ran this summer. It was a very good show with an incredible cast and so much better than HTGAWM.

Videos