asdl;fkahs
#225The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 10/10/15 at 11:01pm

Fabulous. Thank you!

seahag2 Profile Photo
seahag2
#226The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 10/12/15 at 3:27pm

My friend from high school saw the show and said his favorite part was meeting Jonathan Groff at the stage door.....

I waanted to scream.

so I smile like Mona Lisa and I lay my Visa down

UptownScribe Profile Photo
UptownScribe
#227The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 10/12/15 at 10:51pm

I want to get a bulldog so I can name him "Hercules Mulligan."

Listening while Swiffering this morning and "What Did I Miss?" came on. II started moving with the swagger Daveed Diggs uses to perform Jefferson and then I thought - wait, this is GEORGE Jefferson's swagger! Can it be?

Anyone know what became of the bronze statues of Hamilton & Burr that were in the lobby of The Public during that run?

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#228The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 10/13/15 at 10:01am

Those statues were on loan from the Museum of the City of New York. I assume they are back uptown (where it is quiet The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]))

maxkko Profile Photo
maxkko
#229The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 10/13/15 at 8:29pm

Hey all--

I don't live in NYC, I live in Nashville. Most of the time Barnes and Nobles sends me a CD when they have a signing, since I can't go. This time however they are refusing. I don't have the money to pay outragous prices on eBay, but is there any way that one of you (if you are going), could get me a signed CD? I would pay for the CD+Shipping. I would perfer to use pay-pal. Thanks!

p.s. I know this is a long shot, but you never know.

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#230The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 10/14/15 at 12:28am

Why did they send you signed CDs? Did you work for Barnes and Noble before?

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#231The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 10/14/15 at 10:41am

I'm assuming he paid for them and they would get him a signed one and ship it.  

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

theatrechic
#232The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 10/14/15 at 12:44pm

Hi all.  I tried looking for this in other places and could not find any information so I figured this was the best place to ask.  Can anyone tell me about the cancellation line?  I'm interested in trying the cancellation line for a Wednesday matinee and am curious what time I would need to be there to have the best chance at getting tickets.  I used to do cancellation line for Wicked back in it's crazy days and managed to get tickets every time I tried but haven't done it since then so I am curious how times have changed.  Any help you can offer would be very much appreciated.  Thank you!! 

maxkko Profile Photo
maxkko
#233The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 10/14/15 at 6:45pm

dramamama611 said: "I'm assuming he paid for them and they would get him a signed one and ship it. "

Correct. I usually just call and ask, and they never had any problem with it..

IlanaKeller
#234The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 10/14/15 at 10:17pm

Check out how the cast spent their day off on Monday -- hint, it was a wild ride!

Story/video/photos here: http://www.app.com/story/entertainment/2015/10/12/broadways-hamilton-cast-flips-six-flags-great-adventure/73590066/

Twitter: @IlanaKeller Latest work: app.com/topic/asbury-park-broadway/

A1st
#235The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 10/15/15 at 7:49am

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ariellecalderon/im-a-general-wheeee#.oxwz8ZrRP

Buzzfeed article- things only Hamilton fans will understand!

ChiTheaterFan
#236The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 10/15/15 at 10:47pm

Did you guys see Leslie Odom Jr and Daveed Diggs on SVU this week?

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#237The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 10/18/15 at 1:20pm

I just realized the turntable is an homage to Les mis.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#238The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 10/18/15 at 1:23pm

Or a commonly used staging mechanism.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Call_me_jorge
#239The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 10/18/15 at 1:27pm

Kad said: "Or a commonly used staging mechanism."

But they're both shows about revolutions.... And what makes a revolution? A turntable.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

MrSweetNAwful Profile Photo
MrSweetNAwful
#240The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 10/18/15 at 5:57pm

Oh, I just assumed the turntable was there because Les Mis was the last show in that theatre before Hamilton.

...what? That's why Dirty Rotten Scoundrels had one...

You're reminding me of people you hear at the movies asking questions every ten seconds, "Who is that? Why is that guy walking down the street? Who's that lady coming up to him? Uh-oh, why did that car go by? Why is it so dark in this theater?" - FindingNamo on strummergirl

"If artists were machines, then I'm just a different kind of machine...I'd probably be a toaster. Actually, I'd be a toaster oven because they're more versatile. And I like making grilled cheese" -Regina Spektor

"That's, like, twelve shows! ...Or seven." -Crazy SA Fangirl

"They say that just being relaxed is the most important thing [in acting]. I take that to another level, I think kinda like yawning and...like being partially asleep onstage is also good, but whatever." - Sherie Rene Scott

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#241The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 10/19/15 at 6:04am

21 Steps to becoming obsessed with Hamilton

Lol @ #13 - 16

....but the world goes 'round

Call_me_jorge
#242The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 10/19/15 at 6:43am

MrSweetNAwful said: "Oh, I just assumed the turntable was there because Les Mis was the last show in that theatre before Hamilton.

...what? That's why Dirty Rotten Scoundrels had one..."

Les mis was not the last show in there. It was If/then, which did have a turntable, but Hamilton still had a turntable when they were at the public when they didn't know what theatre they would be going into yet or if they were going to Broadway at all. Also the turntable in if/then is completely different to the turntable in Hamilton.

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#243The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 10/19/15 at 6:56am

Call_me_jorge said: "Kad said: "Or a commonly used staging mechanism."

But they're both shows about revolutions.... And what makes a revolution? A turntable.

And Les Miz also had singing. Hamilton has singing too. And what do people do when they revolt? They sing!

Coincidence? I think not.

Wee Thomas2 Profile Photo
Wee Thomas2
#244The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 10/19/15 at 10:21am

tazber said: "21 Steps to becoming obsessed with Hamilton

Lol @ #13 - 16

I hate Buzzfeed.

This was damn good.

I'm conflicted

"

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#245The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 10/19/15 at 10:29am

I hate BF too.

But their animals section always makes me laugh.

And then once in a blue moon they have a cute thing like this Hamilton article.

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#246The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 10/19/15 at 10:58am

In other Ham news, in Saturday's New York Times, in an article about identity theft, there was this sentence: 

Captains of industry and the Secret Service have long since admitted to our elected representatives that they are outgunned, outmanned, outnumbered and outplanned.

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#247The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 10/19/15 at 11:03am

Haha!

Play  Esq. Profile Photo
Play Esq.
HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#249The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 10/19/15 at 6:16pm

macnyc said: "In other Ham news, in Saturday's New York Times, in an article about identity theft, there was this sentence: 

Captains of industry and the Secret Service have long since admitted to our elected representatives that they are outgunned, outmanned, outnumbered and outplanned."

And of course LMM's lyric owe a debt to other songs and song titles-Prodigy, Rancid and perhaps others.

Videos