pixeltracker

Broadway's COME FROM AWAY on Apple TV - News & Discussion Thread- Page 10

Broadway's COME FROM AWAY on Apple TV - News & Discussion Thread

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#225COME FROM AWAY will be filmed; aiming September 2021 release
Posted: 8/30/21 at 12:14pm

I love that Fosse bases this cost in an annual amount. Jesus Christ, that's so weird.

See it or don't, but stop complaining about AppleTv and claiming it's super hard to get to and find. It ain't. Nobody cares if you see it.

jpbran Profile Photo
jpbran
#226COME FROM AWAY will be filmed; aiming September 2021 release
Posted: 8/30/21 at 12:25pm

another sloe eyed vamp said: "It's not the money, it's the number of hoops Apple makes me jump through to sign up, if I don't already have an Apple ID and an iTunes account. I'd happily pay more just to not get involved with Apple."

And the other streaming services don’t make you set up an account with a user ID, password, verification, etc? 

Sutton Ross
#227COME FROM AWAY will be filmed; aiming September 2021 release
Posted: 8/30/21 at 12:32pm

Are you really that stupid?

They've said nothing stupid on this thread. In fact, they could not be more crystal clear in their facts. 

And the other streaming services don’t make you set up an account with a user ID, password, verification, etc?

jpbran spittin' fax today! 

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#228COME FROM AWAY will be filmed; aiming September 2021 release
Posted: 8/30/21 at 1:01pm

At this point, feel free to pay me for me to set up y’all Apple TV+ accounts. I can retire early with the few on this board.

Sutton Ross
TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#230COME FROM AWAY will be filmed; aiming September 2021 release
Posted: 8/30/21 at 2:45pm

While we're on the subject of Apple TV+ and how reasonable the price is, I just want to take the opportunity to highly recommend CODA, this year's Sundance smash which very easily could have ended up in theaters, or could be commanding a $20 rental fee as a digital release, if Apple hadn't spent a festival record $25 million for the distribution rights. 

Fosse76
#231COME FROM AWAY will be filmed; aiming September 2021 release
Posted: 9/5/21 at 3:16pm

They've released more footage from the filming. And I hate to say it, but it really comes across as flat. At first I thought it might be the out-of-context moments they first showed, but I don't think that's it. Even the high-energy finale comes across as lifeless. I can't tell if it's the performances, the direction, the sound design, the lack of a real audience, or the editing. But it's just, meh.

Filming stage shows is always tricky because a lot of stage moments, while in-person seem fine, in film come across as rather slow and seem to lack proper pacing. There are more pauses and moments of near silence, which don't occur in film. But CFA didn't really have those type of moments, so the flatness is from something else. I just can't put my finger on it.

Sutton Ross
#232COME FROM AWAY will be filmed; aiming September 2021 release
Posted: 9/5/21 at 3:22pm

Can't wait until Friday for this, until I watch a film I can't really offer thoughts on bits and pieces. 

Enjoy it all! 

Updated On: 9/5/21 at 03:22 PM

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#233COME FROM AWAY will be filmed; aiming September 2021 release
Posted: 9/5/21 at 6:48pm

Any free trials for Apple TV?

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Fosse76
#234COME FROM AWAY will be filmed; aiming September 2021 release
Posted: 9/5/21 at 7:29pm

ACL2006 said: "Any free trials for Apple TV?"

As far as I'm aware, Apple TV+ (Apple TV is a device) still offers a one-week free trial. Come From Away won't have anywhere near the same impact on the service that Hamilton (allegedly) had with Disney+, so there's no reason for them to eliminate free trials. 

Alexander Lamar
#235COME FROM AWAY will be filmed; aiming September 2021 release
Posted: 9/5/21 at 7:35pm

Alexander Lamar said: "dramamama611 said: "I dont have apple TV, but am trying to figure out how to access."

You can watch from your computer with a free trial - tv.Apple.com
"

Fosse76
#236COME FROM AWAY will be filmed; aiming September 2021 release
Posted: 9/6/21 at 12:14am

Alexander Lamar said: "Alexander Lamar said: "dramamama611 said: "I dont have apple TV, but am trying to figure out how to access."

You can watch from your computer with a free trial - tv.Apple.com
"
"

I don't know if dramamama611 was being sarcastic, but  it does illustrate the confusion between Apple TV and Apple TV+ among a lot of people (contrary to to popular belief, the bulk majority of people don't own a Mac or iPhone). Apple TV is a physical device, that is loaded with software for streaming to a TV. Apple TV+ is a stand alone streaming service that can be accessed online and does not require the Apple TV device. Functionally, it is similar to Disney+, Discovery+, Hulu, etc. 

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#237COME FROM AWAY will be filmed; aiming September 2021 release
Posted: 9/6/21 at 12:43am

No, you’re the minority. There’s literally no confusion.

Sutton Ross
#238COME FROM AWAY will be filmed; aiming September 2021 release
Posted: 9/6/21 at 11:38am

There never was for the mindful and educated COME FROM AWAY will be filmed; aiming September 2021 release

orbops
#239COME FROM AWAY will be filmed; aiming September 2021 release
Posted: 9/8/21 at 11:47pm

Fosse76 said: "BroadwayNYC2 said: "“ Yes, $5/month isn't much, but if it's the only content on the service that you are interested in, paying $60/year isn't a bargain, especially when I can watch a Blu-Ray for years for only $20-30 total.”

You can literally cancel once you watch it and only pay the $5. It really ain’t difficult.
"

Are you really that stupid? What if it two months I want to watch it again? I have to pay again (or rather, now I have to pay). Then what if I want to watch it again 5 months after that? I have to pay again. Rinse, then repeat. The alternative is to maintain the subscription, in which case I still spend more money than I would on a DVD or blu-ray, the difference being it's significantly more in a shorter amount of time.
"

There is another option. Simply buy a video game capture device, and you can record everything that is streamed through your TV or computer and store it on an external drive. Pay for a single month and you're set. That's how I've created my personal library (that is NOT shared with anyone) of musicals and movies, which will soon include Come From Away...

Updated On: 9/8/21 at 11:47 PM

KnewItWhenIWasInFron
#240COME FROM AWAY will be filmed; aiming September 2021 release
Posted: 9/9/21 at 4:15pm

I really enjoyed it on stage but it doesn't work in this filmed version, I don't think. The simplicity of the staging -- two rows of chairs for an airplane, etc. -- feels off, as do the performances. Some of the actors finesse the weirdness of playing to a theater but with a camera in their faces for a close-up (I thought Hatch was as good here as on stage) but Colella, in particular, seems forced.

Fosse76
#241COME FROM AWAY will be filmed; aiming September 2021 release
Posted: 9/9/21 at 5:22pm

KnewItWhenIWasInFron said: "(I thought Hatch was as good here as on stage) but Colella, in particular, seems forced."

I always felt Hatch should've received a Tony nomination. Colella is great in the role, but definitely overrated. If that makes any sense!

jpbran Profile Photo
jpbran
#242COME FROM AWAY will be filmed; aiming September 2021 release
Posted: 9/9/21 at 5:54pm

KnewItWhenIWasInFron said: "I really enjoyed it on stage but it doesn't work in this filmed version, I don't think. The simplicity of the staging -- two rows of chairs for an airplane, etc. -- feels off, as do the performances…"

How did you see it? Doesn’t debut til tomorrow (aside from some critics’ access.)

SmoothLover Profile Photo
SmoothLover
#243COME FROM AWAY will be filmed; aiming September 2021 release
Posted: 9/9/21 at 6:41pm

I think Apple TV has a bright future.

RunnyBabbit
#244COME FROM AWAY will be filmed; aiming September 2021 release
Posted: 9/9/21 at 7:44pm

Is anyone planning to see the free live concert in front of the Lincoln Memorial tomorrow (Friday)?

I haven’t seen much about it since it was announced. The casting was announced a couple of days ago, but I would have thought there would have been more press in conjunction with the streaming premier and the anniversary of 9/11 this weekend.

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#245COME FROM AWAY will be filmed; aiming September 2021 release
Posted: 9/10/21 at 12:11am

It's finally out! Thoughts below everyone.

And don't forget, Come From Away will perform on Good Morning America this morning, and at the Lincoln Memorial tonight for a full concert version of the show!

Oh look, a bibu!

Chowd95 Profile Photo
Chowd95
#246COME FROM AWAY will be filmed; aiming September 2021 release
Posted: 9/10/21 at 3:53am

If you're a fan of this show (which I think there will be many new ones after this) then you have to be thrilled. Great recording.

robbie_731
#247COME FROM AWAY will be filmed; aiming September 2021 release
Posted: 9/10/21 at 8:19am

Why did they censor the "F Word" at the beginning of the show? It's Apple TV+, not Disney+.

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#248COME FROM AWAY will be filmed; aiming September 2021 release
Posted: 9/10/21 at 8:29am

robbie_731 said: "Why did they censor the "F Word" at the beginning of the show? It's Apple TV+, not Disney+."

Same thing in “Wherever We Are”: “…and we are all freaking the freak out!”

Oh look, a bibu!

Alexander Lamar
#249COME FROM AWAY will be filmed; aiming September 2021 release
Posted: 9/10/21 at 11:15am

About 15 min in and I’m enjoying this more than I thought I would.

Videos