pixeltracker

NBC's ANNIE LIVE! (2021) - News & Discussion Thread- Page 10

NBC's ANNIE LIVE! (2021) - News & Discussion Thread

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#225NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 6/29/21 at 9:33am

barcelona20 said: "ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "If Annie is a person of color (as many of us suspect she'll be) or if they are otherwise deviating from the comic strip look of the character, there's no reason why Warbucks wouldhaveto be bald. ANNIE as a musical is now much better-known than ANNIE the comic strip.

Connick will be good in this part. Both he and Henson are really promising casting so far.
"

Should have just gone with Christopher Jackson.
"

Mmmmmm. That certainly would’ve put the “Daddy” in Daddy Warbucks.

Idk, I think Annie has just been done to death. It’s so campy and cloying that I find it very hard to enjoy it. IMHO, the only good filmed version was the 1999 ABC TV version. Also, in a year where there are so many musical films coming out that represent all different stripes of people and experiences (problematic or not), why trot out this old war horse? 

I wish we could get a live “Mamma Mia” with some of the Hollywood Bowl cast from a few years back. Dove Cameron, Jennifer Nettles, Lea DeLaris and ESPECIALLY Tisha Campbell-Martin were all fantastic based on clips I saw

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

denali.fire Profile Photo
denali.fire
#226NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 6/29/21 at 9:43am

Amen to that.
We're getting a raw deal for Christmas this year

To seek revenge may lead to hell yet everyone does it but seldom as well......

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#227NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 6/29/21 at 11:50am

Why is it imperative that Annie be cast with a person of color?

pmensky
#228NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 6/29/21 at 3:42pm

Someone else from Broadway who has crossed over to TV recently and would make an excellent Rooster would be Jon Jon Briones.

Dollypop
#229NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 6/29/21 at 7:19pm

BCfitasafiddle said: "So curious to see who will be playing Grace."

La Swit!

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#230NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 6/29/21 at 9:54pm

Dollypop said: "BCfitasafiddle said: "So curious to see who will be playing Grace."

La Swit!”

I love you Dollypop broken heart

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#231NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 8/5/21 at 3:29pm

Just in: Nicole Scherzinger will be playing Grace Farrell!

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Nicole-Scherzinger-Will-Play-Grace-in-ANNIE-LIVE-20210805

Oh look, a bibu!

Scott Stephen
#232NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 8/5/21 at 3:37pm

Ok, I’m starting to get VERY on board with this casting. I love Nichole and think she’s an excellent musical theatre performer so I’m excited to see her in this!

Globefan
#233NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 8/5/21 at 6:15pm

I hope they keep in the political themes of the original show 

BwayLB
#234NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 8/5/21 at 8:21pm

I keep getting more surprised with the casting choices.

pmensky
#235NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 8/5/21 at 8:39pm

If Scherzinger wants to move past her Pussycat Dolls persona in the US, this would be a good way to do it. Yes, I know she played Grizabella on the West End, but  a majority of the people watching “Annie” will only know her from singing sexy pop music while gyrating around wearing little more than a couple of bandaids and a cork. It will be very different to see her playing a role whose name also sums up her character.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#236NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 8/5/21 at 8:52pm

Great casting! Can't wait for who they cast for Rooster!!! 

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#237NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 8/5/21 at 9:23pm

pmensky said: "If Scherzinger wants to move past her Pussycat Dolls persona in the US, this would be a good way to do it. Yes, I know she played Grizabella on the West End, but a majority of the people watching “Annie” will only know her from singing sexy pop music whilegyrating aroundwearing little more than a couple of bandaids and a cork. It will be very differentto see herplaying a rolewhose name also sums up her character."

Bro, she’s a panelist on one of the biggest hits on television right now: The Masked Singer.  The mainstream masses know who she is and the majority may never have seen any of her work as a Pussycat Doll.  She’s done an extensive amount of mainstream projects so it’s safe to assume her Pussycat Dolls stigma was washed away years ago.  

pmensky
#238NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 8/5/21 at 9:40pm

BrodyFosse123 said: "pmensky said: "If Scherzinger wants to move past her Pussycat Dolls persona in the US, this would be a good way to do it. Yes, I know she played Grizabella on the West End, but a majority of the people watching “Annie” will only know her from singing sexy pop music whilegyrating aroundwearing little more than a couple of bandaids and a cork. It will be very differentto see herplaying a rolewhose name also sums up her character."

Bro, she’s a panelist on one of the biggest hits on television right now: The Masked Singer. The mainstream masses know who she is and the majority may never have seen any of her work as a Pussycat Doll. She’s done an extensive amount of mainstream projects so it’s safe to assume her Pussycat Dolls stigma was washed away years ago.
"

Did you seriously just call me, “bro?” Gross. First of all, I’m not sure how being a judge on The Masked Singer has somehow mitigated her sex symbol status. Just because families watch the show doesn’t mean that she’s been reduced to milk and cookies. And what are these “extensive mainstream projects” which you speak of which have washed away her ****cat doll status? You do realize we all know how to use IMDb, right? Aside from some voiceover work and a couple guest appearances, she appears to still be appearing in pop music videos including just last year for The Pussycat Dolls. 

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#240NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 8/11/21 at 3:21pm

I am loving this diverse cast.

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#241NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 8/11/21 at 3:21pm

YAS. He and Taraji are going to CRUSH IT with "Easy Street."

Oh look, a bibu!

JSquared2
#242NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 8/11/21 at 3:22pm

degrassifan said: "Tituss Burgess Joins ‘Annie Live’ for NBC (Exclusive)"

Brilliant casting!  i hear that a certain Broadway veteran is soon to be announced as Lily St. Regis.

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#243NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 8/11/21 at 3:27pm

JSquared2 said: "degrassifan said: "Tituss Burgess Joins ‘Annie Live’ for NBC (Exclusive)"

Brilliant casting! i hear that a certain Broadway veteran is soonto be announced as Lily St. Regis.
"

Jane Krakowski (Kimmy Schmidt co-star not withstanding) would be hilarious!

BCfitasafiddle
#244NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 8/11/21 at 4:23pm

I love that many of these actors are playing different types than we usually see! Very exciting and fun. Annie is a solid show than can still work with fresh takes on the characters. 

Dollypop
#245NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 8/11/21 at 9:03pm

Are they really trying to sign Honey Boo Boo to play Annie?

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

degrassifan
#246NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 8/11/21 at 9:53pm

Dollypop said: "Are they really trying to sign Honey Boo Boo to play Annie?"

What are you trying to say, Dollypop? 

SoCalDirector
#247NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 8/11/21 at 11:04pm

degrassifan said: "Tituss Burgess Joins ‘Annie Live’ for NBC (Exclusive)"

Love this. Tituss will be wonderful.

Miles Robert Mills

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#248NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 8/11/21 at 11:50pm

JSquared2 said: "degrassifan said: "Tituss Burgess Joins ‘Annie Live’ for NBC (Exclusive)"

Brilliant casting! i hear that a certain Broadway veteran is soonto be announced as Lily St. Regis.
"

Kristin bringing it back around for a second swing?

BwayLB
#249NBC will present ANNIE LIVE! for 2021 holiday season
Posted: 8/12/21 at 12:55am

Nah! Someone younger but equally beautiful as Kristin

Videos