News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

"Wicked" Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)- Page 10

"Wicked" Stage Door Yesterday (Aug 25th)

papalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
#225re: 'wicked' stage door yesterday (aug 25th)
Posted: 8/27/04 at 12:54pm

just meet me next to the recruiting booth in times square at around 3, ok?

r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective

ShbrtAlley44 Profile Photo
ShbrtAlley44
#226re: 'wicked' stage door yesterday (aug 25th)
Posted: 8/27/04 at 12:55pm

Namo, I was there last night and I really noticed the gasping. It was kind of scary. She sounds like she's about to have a coronary. Updated On: 8/27/04 at 12:55 PM

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#227re: 'wicked' stage door yesterday (aug 25th)
Posted: 8/27/04 at 12:56pm

See you there, papa.

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

FindingNamo
#228re: 'wicked' stage door yesterday (aug 25th)
Posted: 8/27/04 at 12:57pm

"...it seems to me more parents are the autograph seekers than kids and they push them to be used as an excuse to meet the star."

I can think of absolutely no other reason to have children.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#229re: 'wicked' stage door yesterday (aug 25th)
Posted: 8/27/04 at 12:58pm

The only better reason is to put THEM onstage and make money off them. But that's the only one.

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#230re: 'wicked' stage door yesterday (aug 25th)
Posted: 8/27/04 at 12:59pm

Seriously, Namo? Someone's got to go out and get you smokes when you're too drunk off your ass to leave the house.

"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."

ShbrtAlley44 Profile Photo
ShbrtAlley44
#231re: 'wicked' stage door yesterday (aug 25th)
Posted: 8/27/04 at 12:59pm

Speaking of which, two women were parading a 3-year-old all decked out as Dorothy around the stage door. Michelle Federer, on her way in, stopped and said how cute she was, but the women didn't recognize her and pretty much blew her off.

Delphine Profile Photo
Delphine
#232re: 'wicked' stage door yesterday (aug 25th)
Posted: 8/27/04 at 1:00pm

"The only better reason is to put THEM onstage and make money off them. But that's the only one."

And then you have to get them to sign lots of headshots and sell them on ebay. Updated On: 8/27/04 at 01:00 PM

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#233re: 'wicked' stage door yesterday (aug 25th)
Posted: 8/27/04 at 1:01pm

YES Delphine!!!! LOL!!!!! God, I miss that show...

FindingNamo
#234re: 'wicked' stage door yesterday (aug 25th)
Posted: 8/27/04 at 1:05pm

Shush up MattG. My dockter says lickersh the only thing that helpsh my lumbago. Don't make me shlap you baby doll with your football jersey and your forearms.

I'd like to see Idina on a bender! {Slap, slap} "outta my way." She'd be Judy Garland and Betty Hutton all rolled into one.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

popcultureboy Profile Photo
popcultureboy
#235re: 'wicked' stage door yesterday (aug 25th)
Posted: 8/27/04 at 1:06pm

This has to be hardest I have laughed at a thread, ever. It's a joy.

Nothing precious, plain to see, don't make a fuss over me. Not loud, not soft, but somewhere inbetween. Say sorry, just let it be the word you mean.

ElphieDefiesGravity Profile Photo
ElphieDefiesGravity
#236re: 'wicked' stage door yesterday (aug 25th)
Posted: 8/27/04 at 4:12pm

Hi everyone! I am new to the board. I have been reading threads here since April, but I finally decided to register. As you can probably tell, I am a Wicked fan. I am also an Idina fan. I havbe seen Wicked twice. Both times after the show, both Idina and Kristin came out. The first time Idina lived up to her shy reputation. She looked almost terrified (her eyes were really wide). However, she signed for everyone. She was not at all talkative, but when my younger sister congratulated her on winning the Tony, she thanked her nicely. The second time, she seemed a lot more comfortable (even though it was only like a week later). Once again she signed for everyone, and she actually had a few very short conversations with some people while she was signing. My sister gave her a letter, and once again Idina thanked her very nicely. Maybe we just got lucky, but she seemed very nice both times.
We also waited before the show once. Idina was running really late. She came running up, waved quickly and said "Hi" then rushed inside. I did not feel offended that she didn't sign or explain at all. It was obvious she was in a major rush. (She was all sweaty and out of breath.)
I have two comments about the original post: First of all, if you were waiting 2 12 hours after the show, it must have been about 30-45 minutes before the next show was going to start. As you may know, Idina usually gets there about 1 12 hours before the show, so she must have been running EXTREMELY late. Secondly, did Idina stop when tapped on the shoulder or did she just keep going? If she just kept going, it is possible she didn't hear the girl. I know it is a stretch, but if Idina was rushing, and the girl spoke quietly (as starstruck girls are apt to do), she could have not heard. However, if she stopped, heard, then ignored, that was pretty rude.
A final thing: I think poeple go to the stagedoor expecting too much. I am happy just to get an autograph, but some people go and expect an entire conversation. It isn't rude if Idina (or anyone for that matter) doesn't talk to you. It is really polite of them just to sign our stuff. Just because they don't talk doesn't mean they are rude.

"Blow out the candles, Robert, and make a wish. Want something. Want something."

Wishes come true, not free.

LittleFish8386 Profile Photo
LittleFish8386
#237re: 'wicked' stage door yesterday (aug 25th)
Posted: 8/27/04 at 4:14pm

Wow, you're crazy.

Phantom487
#238re: 'wicked' stage door yesterday (aug 25th)
Posted: 8/27/04 at 4:14pm

Idina heard the girl... she looked right at her before slamming the door!

LadyGuenevere
#239re: 'wicked' stage door yesterday (aug 25th)
Posted: 8/27/04 at 4:15pm

Oh my God- It's Idina, herself!

Phantom487
#240re: 'wicked' stage door yesterday (aug 25th)
Posted: 8/27/04 at 4:18pm

Idina? Is that you?? lol

ElphieDefiesGravity Profile Photo
ElphieDefiesGravity
#241re: 'wicked' stage door yesterday (aug 25th)
Posted: 8/27/04 at 4:18pm

LittleFish- Thank you!

"Blow out the candles, Robert, and make a wish. Want something. Want something."

Wishes come true, not free.

Amneris Profile Photo
Amneris
#242re: 'wicked' stage door yesterday (aug 25th)
Posted: 8/27/04 at 5:36pm

India Pretzel is real?? I thought she was a character from Narnia...

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#243re: 'wicked' stage door yesterday (aug 25th)
Posted: 8/27/04 at 5:40pm

Now that I'm thinking about it, I probably would have slammed the door, too.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

popcultureboy Profile Photo
popcultureboy
#244re: 'wicked' stage door yesterday (aug 25th)
Posted: 8/27/04 at 5:44pm

Without question. Hard.

Nothing precious, plain to see, don't make a fuss over me. Not loud, not soft, but somewhere inbetween. Say sorry, just let it be the word you mean.

Mattio98
#245re: 'wicked' stage door yesterday (aug 25th)
Posted: 8/27/04 at 5:46pm

...enter Matt_G...

Videos