pixeltracker

Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread- Page 11

Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread

rclocalz Profile Photo
rclocalz
#250Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/5/15 at 9:41pm

I don't see a 10pm show for sale on April 26th. Are they holding off on selling tickets for his final show, is it already sold out, or will they just not do a 10pm?

http://www.glamsmash.com/ - Glamsmash Productions, a video production company in the heart of New York City

kgaard
#251Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/5/15 at 9:53pm

Those who have seen recent shows: which seat has been the car wash seat? As mentioned earlier it was the far left seat at the front (not on the aisle) for his first show. Has he stayed with that or has he moved around?

Tking0012
#252Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/5/15 at 9:58pm

April 26th is a sunday.
It looks like his "last show" is a 7PM. However he may extend again you never know

pennydreadful Profile Photo
pennydreadful
#253Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/5/15 at 10:06pm

I went on Wed. night, and the car wash seat was still the front row, extreme left.

JPeterman Profile Photo
JPeterman
#254Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/5/15 at 10:46pm

"I don't see a 10pm show for sale on April 26th. Are they holding off on selling tickets for his final show, is it already sold out, or will they just not do a 10pm?"

I don't know why but none of the 10 pm Friday and Saturday shows are listed on telecharge when you do a broad search. You have to switch from the Date Range section to the box where you pick a single date and time ... when you do that you can locate and select a 10 pm show to search for specific tickets.

JPeterman Profile Photo
JPeterman
#255Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/5/15 at 10:51pm

"Has he stayed with that or has he moved around?"

I attended his first Saturday night 10 pm show and it was the same seat in the far corner of the front row .... Left Orchestra BB3

But in my opinion the other side, orchestra right is even better now .... he gets off the stage on the right as well, and interacts with a couple people in the first few rows. His microphone cord won't let him go very far so he sticks to the people in the first 2 or 3 rows.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#256Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/5/15 at 10:58pm

Yes, house right, front orchestra.

SDV Profile Photo
SDV
#257Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/5/15 at 11:14pm

I've been to see JCM more times than I care to admit in the last few weeks and he's always done the same seats for the car wash - AA 1 or 3. They're both easy to slide onto from the stage, and I think he decides in the moment which of those two people to do. He lays on someone's lap and feigns a blow job somewhere between A and C seats 101 or 102.

Agreed that there is much activity on the right side of the theater, two. He picks a man and a women to stand up and interact with from rows AA to C, usually on the aisle in seat 2 or 114.

The big Sugar Daddy kiss usually goes to someone in the first row, seat 112ish.

Was anyone else there tonight? So many technical **** ups! When he went down into the car during WIAB and is supposed to pop right back up, he instead stayed down for about 45 seconds, completely missing the "Suddenly I'm Miss Punk Rock Star..." verse and came back up with the hair dress unzipped and hanging off him, the little black slip underneath. He seemed to take it in stride and did the rest of the dancing and cracked jokes ("We had a wardrobe malfunction, ladies and gentlemen") as Yitzhak tried to get him zipped in the dress. It screwed up his pacing for a few minutes, and just when he seemed to have recovered, he goes to the door to do the "Tommy can you hear me" thing, slams the door closed and just hangs on it for an extra couple of beats until he announces "And now I'm stuck in the door." OMG poor JCM. Lena jumped up and rescued him again. There were a few minutes when I thought he might just throw up his hands and laugh, but he recovered, kept going, improvised to cover and held the show together.

Something else went wrong as he was changing into Tommy cause he came out without the cross on his forehead.

And Justin was out.

Interesting night :)

darreyl102 Profile Photo
darreyl102
#258Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/6/15 at 12:35am

I am soo torn if i should make the trip to NYC for this or not- mainly because i would be going just for this show really. I saw the three previous Hedwigs- and liked the show better each time, but still not crazy about it. I have always loved JCM though...

Darreyl with an L!

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#259Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/6/15 at 12:59am

I'm sorry, but if you've seen 3, it would be a sin and a missed opportunity to not see them all. They're like Pokemon, gotta catch 'em all!

sophie72
#260Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/6/15 at 8:57am

My husband and I were there last night (I had seen NPH, while he had seen Michael C Hall) and it was amazing, even with all the technical difficulties. We laughed harder than we ever thought possible and I openly cried during Midnight Radio. JCM was able to cover incredibly well, even with the snafus and now we're both anxious to go back! A very interesting night of theater indeed.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#261Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/6/15 at 10:14am

"I am soo torn if i should make the trip to NYC for this or not- mainly because i would be going just for this show really. I saw the three previous Hedwigs- and liked the show better each time, but still not crazy about it."

Two different shows.

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

kgaard
#262Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/6/15 at 1:28pm

Thank you for the car wash input, lovelies!

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#263Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/6/15 at 1:46pm

How has the lottery been since JCM started? Specifically for either Saturday night performances? I assume crazy, but I figured I'd ask.

GreasedLightning
#264Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/6/15 at 3:40pm

Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread

On another unrelated note, has anyone seen the gorgeous new window cards? I NEED one.

sophie72
#266Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/7/15 at 1:01pm

"On another unrelated note, has anyone seen the gorgeous new window cards? I NEED one."

They're even more gorgeous in person! Definitely something that will be framed.

GreasedLightning
#267Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/7/15 at 1:11pm

Good to know, sophie72! Looking forward to grabbing one.

GreasedLightning
#268Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/7/15 at 3:02pm

Another quick question - any help is much appreciated!

How is the rear mezz vs. front/rear balc for Hedwig? I am looking into either option and I've only sat in the orchestra at the Belasco. Which should I go for?

perfectlymarvelous Profile Photo
perfectlymarvelous
#269Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/7/15 at 10:03pm

I've sat in the rear mezz almost every time I've seen the show and they're great seats imo. You do miss a tiny bit of the "Sugar Daddy" stuff in the audience but I also missed that the one time I sat in the rear orchestra because it was on the opposite side.

Also, I was at the 7 pm tonight and John hurt his knee I think during "Wig In A Box"...he finished the show but he was limping for the rest of it and did most of "Midnight Radio" sitting down. His voice was in great shape, though, the keys were back up where they're supposed to be (as opposed to his first night where they were lowered), and he has as much energy as ever. And I can't wait to go back, just like after his first night.
Updated On: 2/7/15 at 10:03 PM

Blockhead24 Profile Photo
Blockhead24
#270Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/7/15 at 10:08pm

It sucked seeing him injured but man was he a trooper. They cancelled the 10pm show.

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#271Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/7/15 at 10:32pm

Yeah, I was supposed to see the 10 PM show. Obviously it sucks that it had to be cancelled, but I'm sure it wasn't a decision that was made lightly on the part of the company. And fortunately we can exchange our tickets, so as long as I still can see him in it, I'm satisfied.

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

VintageSnarker
#272Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/7/15 at 11:19pm

"Also, I was at the 7 pm tonight and John hurt his knee I think during "Wig In A Box"...he finished the show but he was limping for the rest of it and did most of "Midnight Radio" sitting down."

Oh, no! I hope he's alright. Any news about whether the injury was serious?

SDV Profile Photo
SDV
#273Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/7/15 at 11:29pm

Someone on Twitter posted video of him walking out and said that he clearly said, "I'm not missing any shows."

http://instagram.com/p/y04r4jQVsX/

He said it after she stopped the video, apparently.

VotePeron Profile Photo
VotePeron
#274Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/8/15 at 12:17am

Did the shows go on tonight as planned?

Videos