Official Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.- Page 12

Official Hello, Dolly! Sidecar thread.

Stage Door Sally Profile Photo
Stage Door Sally
DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#276Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 8/29/17 at 12:20pm

That's been up for a few days . But now that you put it up here it will be gone soon.  The whole show also made a appearance this weekend.   

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#277Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 8/29/17 at 12:38pm

Finally seeing this tomorrow (matinee). Bought these tickets back in April. Can't wait!!

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

jtishere
#278Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 8/29/17 at 12:56pm

One week from tonight I'll be seeing this for the first time! Beyond excited. I've performed in two productions of Hello, Dolly! and have made dear friends doing it, so this show holds a special place in my heart. I'll be seeing it with Donna next week and then Bette in October.

Stage Door Sally Profile Photo
Stage Door Sally
#279Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 8/29/17 at 1:52pm

Have a great time JT!!!

EthelMae Profile Photo
EthelMae
#280Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 8/31/17 at 1:34pm

I love Dolly as you all know here but I just checked for tickets for tonight's show at 7pm, 1 ticket, they are offering Orchestra Row S, Seat 112, as a Premium Seat! $364! On Telecharge. First time I have seen a location, 17 rows from the stage, as a Premium seat. Most times the Premium locs are within the first 10 rows. Seems a bit greedy!

Updated On: 8/31/17 at 01:34 PM

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#281Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 8/31/17 at 1:41pm

EthelMae, I bought my mom an orchestra seat (R1) for a Saturday matinee, and it was at $350. 

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

EthelMae Profile Photo
EthelMae
#282Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 8/31/17 at 1:47pm

I know I'm crazy, I've seen this show many times and I don't mind splurging for Premium seating but I have had great locs like first 5 rows in Orchestra but I wouldn't pay Premium for Row S!

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#283Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 8/31/17 at 1:58pm

The only reason why I paid that for her was that I already had a ticket for that particular performance (I had bought my ticket in September), so it was a last minute Mother's Day gift for her.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

EthelMae Profile Photo
EthelMae
#284Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 8/31/17 at 2:06pm

Enjoy Dottie! I love this show so much. Bringing friends to see Donna Murphy on Sept. 10th!

Zamedy154
#285Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 9/2/17 at 8:37am

I was finally able to download my tickets that I ordered on StubHub for Bette's last show. I knew they were side Balcony row D but didn't know the seats until I could download. I was disappointed to find out they are 23 and 25, the last two seats on the left side. Coincidentally, we sat in these seats in row A of the Mezz a few months ago. The mezz seats were 'partially obstructed' and said so ahead of time on the order/tickets. These seats make no mention of 'partial obstruction' so I'm assuming they are not because they are higher??

Can anyone shed light on this? I'm truly bumped our seats are all the way to the side but happier with fourth row balcony than last. And it will be an incredible show regardless...

David10086 Profile Photo
David10086
#286Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 9/2/17 at 8:42am

EthelMae said: "Enjoy Dottie! I love this show so much. Bringing friends to see Donna Murphy on Sept. 10th!"

I'll be there on September 10th matinee! Front row mezz! Can't wait. 

David10086 Profile Photo
David10086
#287Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 9/2/17 at 8:44am

EthelMae said: "I know I'm crazy, I've seen this show many times and I don't mind splurging for Premium seating but I have had great locs like first 5 rows in Orchestra but I wouldn't pay Premium for Row S!"

So long as people keep paying these prices, the longer the theater will increase the section known as "premium seating".    Before you know it, the whole theater will be listed as 'premium seats' including the last row balcony with partial view.

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#288Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 9/2/17 at 9:13am

Great seats available for tomorrow's 2 p.m. show, Bette's last before vacation. 

Right orchestra seats C 2-4

Right orchestra seats D 2-4

Center orchestra seat N 102

Center orchestra seat O 114

$229 each on Telecharge right now.

Updated On: 9/2/17 at 09:13 AM

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#289Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 9/2/17 at 10:14am

CT2NYC said: "Great seats available for tomorrow's 2 p.m. show, Bette's last before vacation.

Right orchestra seats C 2-4

Right orchestra seats D 2-4

Center orchestra seat N 102

Center orchestra seat O 114

$229 each on Telecharge right now.
"

Seat N 102 still available for tomorrow's show.

Also, left orchestra seat T 15 available for today's 2:00 p.m. performance, $189

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#290Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 9/2/17 at 11:52am

After seeing the show on Wednesday with Bette, I'm very eager to see it with Murphy now. Mostly so I don't have to sit way up in the balcony. How much are orchestra seats typically for one of Donna's performances and what's the discount code?

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

greenifyme2
#291Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 9/2/17 at 12:16pm

ACL2006 said: "After seeing the show on Wednesday with Bette, I'm very eager to see it with Murphy now. Mostly so I don't have to sit way up in the balcony. How much are orchestra seats typically for one of Donna's performances and what's the discount code?"

If I were you I'd do rush. $47, bought my ticket 30 mins before curtain, got row A in the mezz last seat on the side.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#292Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 9/2/17 at 12:36pm

Ok. Thanks! Looking to see Donna during Bette's vacation in November.

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#293Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 9/2/17 at 12:37pm

May I just say: First two rows of the balcony are superb for this show. Saw it Thurs (8/31) from balcony B, and it's closer than many front mezz seats in the barns of B'way.  The show is pitched out and up, and the entire performance is played downstage. They are the best deal (I paid $109 for mine back in the spring).  I've sat everywhere in the Shubert, and the front balcony beats the hell out of rear mezz.  Always. Keep an open mind.  The word "balcony" throws people. You are not miles from the stage. 

"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling

#294Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 9/3/17 at 7:57pm

I rushed Hello Dolly on Friday night, in case people wanted info on my experience:

I got to the line at 8:30AM, and was able to secure a ticket. They had 15 SRO tickets available for the evening, but they also had balcony for $59 that people behind me were able to get once the SRO sold out. The couple of people in front of me all came around 7:45 and the first person in line got to the Schubert around 6:15AM I believe. 3 people in front of me were looking for single tickets, so I knew I was in. Had they not, I wouldn't have made it (though someone thought they would have 20 SRO, that wasn't the case for us). As I'm sure already people have mentioned, SRO is great.

Not to get on a soapbox because I"m sure people here agree, but it's really annoying when people take pictures during the show. You know you're not supposed to, and you are also forcing the usher to shine a flashlight which distracts from the show. That was frustrating, and it sometimes blocked my view.

Finally, this was my first time seeing Hello Dolly on Broadway/any professional production, and it was hilarious and well done. Bette Midler went HAM, enjoyed the audience, and the audience loved her. DHP was excellent, as I knew he would be. Gavin's voice and acting was on point, and I also really enjoyed Kate Baldwin (my first time seeing her). Great show, glad I was able to see it, and I'm sure Donna Murphy is amazing too, but the way Bette plays with the audience - glad I was able to witness that.

jtishere
#295Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 9/6/17 at 12:48am

Well, I'm finally - three hours after the finale - coming down off the beautiful cloud that tonight's show with Donna flew me to. This was one of the most magical nights I have ever experienced in a theatre. Donna is transcendent in the role. She lives and breathes that character and can make you understand things about Dolly's narrative that you didn't fully comprehend before. It's a very smart performance but it's also coming straight from the heart. 

The entire company was wonderful. David Hyde Pierce's Vandergelder is crowd-pleasing tour de force.  Gavin is the funniest, most beautifully sung Hackl I've seen, and Taylor Trensch and Beanie Feldstein are a riot. Kate was out tonight. Ali was quite good and Donna graciously brought her back up for another bow this evening. 

The entire show is a master class in everything that makes live theatre so thrilling - from the energy of the cast (and the electricity coming back from the audience) to the sets, GORGEOUS costumes and that splendid orchestra (that brass!). 

And may I say, one of the most civilized stage doors. Well-behaved patrons and a chilled cast. Donna was incredibly gracious in taking time to connect and have conversations with each person down the line. 

What a show! And I can't wait to come back and experience it with Bette in October. 

AntV
#296Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 9/6/17 at 7:21am

Anyone know if Kate is off this week? Or did she already have a vacation?

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#297Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 9/7/17 at 1:19pm

2 great $109 center balcony seats, D 112-113, available on Telecharge for the matinee show on Saturday, 9/16.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#298Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 9/7/17 at 1:36pm

korenglish said: "I got to the line at 8:30AM, and was able to secure a ticket. They had 15 SRO tickets available for the evening, but they also had balcony for $59 that people behind me were able to get once the SRO sold out."

Seems a bit backwards, no? Once SRO sells out, we can offload these seats?!

SmokeyLady Profile Photo
SmokeyLady
#299Bette Midler Hello, Dolly!
Posted: 9/7/17 at 1:38pm

CT2NYC said: "2 great$109 center balcony seats, D 112-113,available on Telecharge for the matinee show on Saturday, 9/16."

Gone.

Videos