News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration- Page 12

Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#275Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration
Posted: 4/26/20 at 10:31pm

agree to disagree- I enjoyed Groban

imeldasturn Profile Photo
imeldasturn
#276Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration

Joanna felt so genuine, and her story made me want to hear her sing something from Follies so bad.

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#277Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration

Play Esq. said: "Ok so Children will not be by Meryl or Bernadette. We takin’ odds yet?

Josh, not very good by the way....
"

No. He was pushing. Im not sure why he's here, honestly.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

Alex Kulak2
#278Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration
Posted: 4/26/20 at 10:32pm

Brian Stokes Mitchell is singing a cut Assassins song. Be still my heart.

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#279Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration
Posted: 4/26/20 at 10:32pm

Also just donated. AND I don't even get the tax deduction!

Play  Esq. Profile Photo
Play Esq.
#280Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration
Posted: 4/26/20 at 10:33pm

Bettyboy72 said: "Play Esq. said: "Ok so Children will not be by Meryl or Bernadette. We takin’ odds yet?

Josh, not very good by the way....
"

No. He was pushing. Im not sure why he's here, honestly.

"

Agreed. He’s a quasi-baritone doing a tenor song. Also, what’s the Sondheim connection.

NievesG Profile Photo
NievesG
#281Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration
Posted: 4/26/20 at 10:33pm

Brian, goodness, he sounds so good angel

Falsettolands
#282Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration
Posted: 4/26/20 at 10:34pm

I'm going to assume Meryl's doing the song that he repurposed for her (Rainbows, right?) that they were going to add to the Woods film but then decided to cut anyway

Updated On: 4/26/20 at 10:34 PM

angoradebs
#283Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration

sabrelady said: "Also just donated. AND I don't even get the tax deduction!"

In case you don't know, for tax year 2020 (filing in 2021) you will be able to deduct up to $300 in charitable contributions even if you don't itemize deductions. It will be above-the-line just like student loan interest is.

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#284Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration

Alex Kulak2 said: "Brian Stokes Mitchell is singing a cutAssassinssong. Be still my heart."

And he's doing it looking so damn handsome wearing a smart sports coat in front of a pomegranate colored wall and singing into a vintage microphone.... *** le sigh ***  heart

Updated On: 4/26/20 at 10:34 PM

Alex Kulak2
Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#286Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration
Posted: 4/26/20 at 10:38pm

Some people aren’t even singing just talking, so maybe she’s just saying Happy Birthday?

imeldasturn
#287Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration

Falsettolands said: "I'm going to assume Meryl's doing the song that he repurposed for her (Rainbows, right?) that they were going to add to theWoods film but then decided to cut anyway"

She'll Be Back, Rainbows was written in the 90s for an abandoned Into the Woods film project 

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#288Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration

Stokes and Cerveris both made me melt.

Play  Esq. Profile Photo
Play Esq.
#289Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration
Posted: 4/26/20 at 10:39pm

If Michael didn’t make you cry...you are already dead. That was heaven and I want to see his George now!

Updated On: 4/26/20 at 10:39 PM

imeldasturn
#290Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration
Posted: 4/26/20 at 10:40pm

Jordan Catalano said: "Some people aren’t even singing just talking, so maybe she’s just saying Happy Birthday?"

Don't think so, the poster includes Streep in the "musical performances from" section

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#291Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration
Posted: 4/26/20 at 10:40pm

I was expecting my Jake to sing “Finishing the Hat”

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#292Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration
Posted: 4/26/20 at 10:42pm

Linda Lavin doing “The Boy From...” is a wonderful surprise.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

bear88
#293Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration
Posted: 4/26/20 at 10:42pm

It's interesting to note that some of the performers are singing, while others are performing in character. Michael Ceveris was a good example of the latter and I thought he was excellent.

Play  Esq. Profile Photo
Play Esq.
TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#295Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration
Posted: 4/26/20 at 10:43pm

I love being reminded how brilliant “The Boy From...” is.

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#296Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration
Posted: 4/26/20 at 10:44pm

Jordan Catalano said: "I was expecting my Jake to sing “Finishing the Hat”"

I’m sure he will do a duet with Annaleigh.

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#297Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration

I sorta want the obligatory closing performance of Sunday by everyone. It’s a habit I don’t think we have to break. It brings me to tears every time.

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#298Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration

The Boy from was cute. ( I know the tempo should be faster but hell she's 82!)

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#299Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration

Jordan Catalano said: "I was expecting my Jake to sing “Finishing the Hat”"

Surely he and Annaleigh are singing Move On

Videos