pixeltracker

NBC's SMASH, Season 2 -- Discussion- Page 128

NBC's SMASH, Season 2 -- Discussion

WhizzerMarvin Profile Photo
WhizzerMarvin
#3175Shaiman's article
Posted: 5/29/13 at 11:18am

Or see a pregnant Ivy get stuck with the B-Story!

Marie: Don't be in such a hurry about that pretty little chippy in Frisco. Tony: Eh, she's a no chip!

OperaBwayLover Profile Photo
OperaBwayLover
#3176Shaiman's article
Posted: 5/29/13 at 11:21am

You mean Ivy wasn't the B-story this season? Coulda fooled me.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#3177Shaiman's article
Posted: 5/29/13 at 11:23am

Ivy could be pregnant and be Marilyn at te same time. They could just restage it so she's always standing begin a couch and wearing a muumuu.

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#3178Shaiman's article
Posted: 6/1/13 at 1:47pm

TFMH18- I was on vacation and just finally watched the final two hours that I recorded. I think the ending may have quieted some of the board critics of the show a little bit with Bombshell winning over Hit List (Best Musical) and Ivy beating Karen for Best Actress. I thought they wrapped up the series pretty well and most of the endings for the characters made sense. Ivy and Derek are back together and Derek appears to be happy about the pregnancy. Karen did not come out of nowhere to win a Tony and Jimmy will pay for his troubled past. Eilleen is back with her new guy and can gloat to Jerry with her Tony award. I did not like Julia heading back to Michael but then again never liked the way they wrote her character from the beginning. Finally, even with it's flaws I will miss the show. I will buy the Season 2 series DVD and will be interested in hearing songs that got cut due to time constraints.

Wilmingtom
#3179Shaiman's article
Posted: 6/1/13 at 2:22pm

Paging Netflix for a continuation!

Starship
#3180Shaiman's article
Posted: 6/1/13 at 2:35pm

guys maybe ivy will grow old and have two girls and become mama rose.

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#3181Shaiman's article
Posted: 6/1/13 at 8:39pm

If Jack Davenport is smart, he has jumped ship on ANY chance of resuscitating SMASH and has instead begun petitioning for the role of Twelve on Doctor Who.

GilmoreGirlO2 Profile Photo
GilmoreGirlO2
#3182Shaiman's article
Posted: 6/3/13 at 2:06pm

Still cannot get over the finale. Perhaps my favorite moment of the night:

The phone call Jimmy got reassuring the person on the other line that he would be there at midnight. Since we later find out where he had to be at midnight…does this mean the police were calling just to confirm his midnight reservation for jail?!

Also, anyone catch Susan Blackwell’s name in the credits?: Stella Stewart. I bet they let her come up with that one.

Smash, your insanity will be missed. Your terribleness provided some of the best entertainment on TV for a theatre lover.

kdogg36 Profile Photo
kdogg36
#3183Shaiman's article
Posted: 6/3/13 at 4:14pm

The phone call Jimmy got reassuring the person on the other line that he would be there at midnight. Since we later find out where he had to be at midnight…does this mean the police were calling just to confirm his midnight reservation for jail?!

Well, he could have been talking to an attorney who helped him arrange bail. But I agree that the situation was a little far-fetched.

crushgroove
#3184Shaiman's article
Posted: 6/3/13 at 8:19pm

I'm still a little confused why Jimmy had to go to jail in the first place. Didn't the girl live who he had shared drugs with? That whole tied-up storyline kinda lost me. Not that I cared too much. Actually I was hoping while Jimmy and Karen were kissing in the middle of the street that they both had gotten hit by a crosstown bus.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#3185Shaiman's article
Posted: 6/3/13 at 8:21pm

Something about dealing? It didn't really make much sense.

DEClarke Profile Photo
DEClarke
#3186Shaiman's article
Posted: 6/14/13 at 5:30pm

I finally saw the finale. I feel underwhelmed, and I'm a huge SMASH fan...

Jimmy has to go to jail because he's being charged with distribution of a controlled substance.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#3187Shaiman's article
Posted: 6/14/13 at 7:49pm

Yes, because when people go to the police and tell them they once sold illegal substances, the police can put them in jail. Without a judge. When they weren't looking for them or didn't know of their existence.

One of the stupidest things I've ever heard of on TV.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Rumpelstiltskin Profile Photo
Rumpelstiltskin
#3188Shaiman's article
Posted: 6/14/13 at 8:32pm

One of the stupidest things I've ever heard of on TV.

It had a lot of competition for "stupidest thing" on that episode.

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#3189Shaiman's article
Posted: 6/15/13 at 8:36am

DEClarke - That was pretty lame. Maybe they should have had him do something like saying he was going into a drug rehab center or he needed to move from NYC to get his head straight, just a thought.

E.Davis Profile Photo
E.Davis
#3190Shaiman's article
Posted: 6/17/13 at 3:08pm

2013 SMASH EMMY FYC
Best Drama Series

Directing: "The Bells and Whistles", "Opening Night"

Writing: "The Dress Rehearsal", "The Phenomenon"

SUPPORTING ACTRESS: Megan Hilty, Angelica Houston, Katherine McPhee, Debra Messing, Krysta Rodriguez

SUPPORTING ACTOR: Christian Borle, Jack Davenport, Jeremy Jordan, Andy Mientus, and Leslie Odom Jr.

Guest Performer (Male): Sean Hayes, Jesse L. Martin,
Guest Performer (Female): Jennifer Hudson, Liza Minnelli, Bernadette Peters

"I think lying to children is really important, it sets them off on the right track" -Sherie Rene Scott-
Updated On: 6/18/13 at 03:08 PM

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#3191Shaiman's article
Posted: 6/17/13 at 3:28pm

The writing episodes are actually the ones I figured they would put forward.

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#3192Shaiman's article
Posted: 6/17/13 at 3:33pm

They put everyone in the Supporting categories? Ruined all of their chances. They should have pushed Megan Hiltt and Jack Davenport for lead, maybe Debra Messing.

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

DEClarke Profile Photo
DEClarke
#3193Shaiman's article
Posted: 6/17/13 at 3:44pm

Yes, because when people go to the police and tell them they once sold illegal substances, the police can put them in jail. Without a judge. When they weren't looking for them or didn't know of their existence.

They aren't simply putting him in jail for selling. They're putting him in jail for giving some girl the drugs that almost killed her and then leaving her for dead when she had a bad high.

Also, as he had to pay bail to go to the TONY's there would have been a judge involved. Obviously, the judge said he could attend the TONY's and then would have to return to jail. That is silly, but I've seen far more stupid things on TV.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#3194Shaiman's article
Posted: 6/17/13 at 6:21pm

Ruined all of their chances.

I think their chances would be the same no matter what category they submitted for.

E.Davis Profile Photo
E.Davis
#3195Shaiman's article
Posted: 6/17/13 at 6:43pm

Just like last year, the guest stars have the best chance.

And out of the main cast it will be Hilty if anything.

"I think lying to children is really important, it sets them off on the right track" -Sherie Rene Scott-

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#3196Shaiman's article
Posted: 6/17/13 at 7:20pm

^ Exactly. I don't think many or even any of them would be nominated, but I think Megan would probably have a better shot at a nomination in the leading category.

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

E.Davis Profile Photo
E.Davis
#3197Shaiman's article
Posted: 6/18/13 at 10:03pm

So do I get credit for BWW taking my research findings on the EMMY bids for their article? Hrm...Just a thought.

I only say this because they literally copied and pasted what I had typed up.

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#3198Shaiman's article
Posted: 6/19/13 at 9:46pm

Edavis - Good point. When do they announce Emmy nominations?

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#3199Shaiman's article
Posted: 6/19/13 at 10:16pm

All original songs are eligible for that category, correct? Basically every Hit List, Liaisons, and Bombshell song is eligible.

Videos