pixeltracker

The Official TDF Thread- Page 13

The Official TDF Thread

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#300The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 11/22/16 at 3:27pm

For what?  Either you are or aren't a TDF member.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Kinky Boy Profile Photo
Kinky Boy
#301The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 11/22/16 at 3:38pm

I just joined

@z5
#302The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 11/22/16 at 5:05pm

I got bronx tale for tomorrow night and Les Liaisons for Fri night.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#303The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 11/22/16 at 6:01pm

If you're  a member, there are no codes....you just go see what they're offering . 

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Kinky Boy Profile Photo
Kinky Boy
#304The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 12/10/16 at 6:18pm

Bronx Tale is up for Tuesday. Can we also talk about the Proof of Eligibility. I have to send something in?

10086sunset
#305The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 12/10/16 at 6:51pm

Kinky Boy said: "Bronx Tale is up for Tuesday. Can we also talk about the Proof of Eligibility. I have to send something in?"

Yep...

Kinky Boy Profile Photo
Kinky Boy
#306The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 12/10/16 at 7:14pm

Can't i send it online?

Ortensiah
#307The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 12/10/16 at 7:18pm

I just emailed them a scan of my ID (poe@tdf.org) and it worked.

Kinky Boy Profile Photo
Kinky Boy
#308The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 12/10/16 at 9:23pm

ohh yes i see it now thank you!

Ortensiah
#309The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 12/10/16 at 9:28pm

You're welcome!

tmbyru Profile Photo
tmbyru
#310The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 12/11/16 at 10:23am

Is anyone having trouble logging into TDF today? Just checking to see if it's just me.

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#311The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 12/11/16 at 10:36am

^ I am having problems as well.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

Ortensiah
#312The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 12/11/16 at 11:02am

I am too. It just redirects me to the main page when I try to log in.

theNYCpro Profile Photo
theNYCpro
#313The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 12/12/16 at 2:00pm

Great Comet is up for this Thursday (Groban out)

djoko84
#314The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 12/12/16 at 10:14pm

I just saw The Great Comet popped up there, but with Groban out. It's good to know they're offering the show and I'm hoping one day they'll do it when he's in which I'm waiting for. 

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#315The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 12/12/16 at 10:27pm

djoko84 said: "I just saw The Great Comet popped up there, but with Groban out. It's good to know they're offering the show and I'm hoping one day they'll do it when he's in which I'm waiting for. 

"

I wouldn't count on that, at least for a while. The show, at least so far, is nearly sold out for most performances he is in for. 

Id bite the bullet and go for one of the cheap seats if you want to see him in on a budget. The rear mezz for this show is actually an outstanding view. 

jbird5
#316The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 12/20/16 at 3:21pm

The Front Page is on for the 12/23 matinee.

Hairspray0901
#317The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 12/20/16 at 4:16pm

jbird5 said: "The Front Page is on for the 12/23 matinee.

"

Thanks for posting, just got my tickets! Hope the full cast is in!

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#318The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 12/20/16 at 6:53pm

Ride the Cyclone is up for two matinees. 

JustAnotherNewYorker
#319The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 12/20/16 at 9:04pm

If I didn't already have two matinee tickets for exactly those times when Ride the Cyclone is up....(one of which is the aforementioned Front Page...)

Guess I'll hope some Ride the Cyclone tickets come up for next week--perhaps the two matinees they added on the 28th and 29th

itsshowtime2
#320The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 12/21/16 at 10:41am

In general, do you think you get better seats through TDF or rush?

superyan
#321The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 12/21/16 at 10:46am

itsshowtime2 said: "In general, do you think you get better seats through TDF or rush?

"

I'm sure others will opine differently... but I always pick TDF.  I usually check inventory on Telecharge before I buy them and will have an idea of where I will sit based on what is unsold. I can buy the tickets from my couch and show up 10 minutes before the show.

I have heard many stories with people getting amazing seats at a rush, but it's never happened to me.  They are sometimes obstructed, and usually worse than TDF, since those were allocated first.

neonlightsxo
#322The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 12/21/16 at 11:00am

This is sort of a tangent, but in past years, five years ago maybe, it seemed like all the rushes and lottos were front row seats. Now? That's rare. You usually get obstructed seats or rear orch or something.

I usually just use TDF now for the convenience factor, plus the seats are usually good. There may still be rushes with great seats, but they are certainly less common.

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#323The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 12/21/16 at 11:18am

I think TDF is particularly good for Off Broadway, because those theaters are smaller. Usually, there are no bad seats. (Of course there may be exceptions.)

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#324The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 12/21/16 at 11:25am

I rarely do rush anymore. TDF is much better. The last four Broadway shows I saw through TDF all gave me good center orchestra seats. As neon says, rush has increasingly become a way for theaters to sell of their least desirable seats -- which is fine, but I'd rather take my chances with TDF for close to the same price.

Also, if anyone's interested, tonight's performance of THE FRONT PAGE has been added.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

Videos