pixeltracker

Mike Pence Gets "Boo'd" at HAMILTON Tonight- Page 13

Mike Pence Gets "Boo'd" at HAMILTON Tonight

rosscoe(au) Profile Photo
rosscoe(au)
#300Last I Heard...
Posted: 11/20/16 at 5:23pm

I don't see why people are buying into Trumps tweet, he's just doing what he does best, Slight Of Hand watch what this in is doing why the other other one is covering something up.. The real story is why did he pay out Trump Uni students only $6,000 on a course fee worth $30,000 ? 

Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian

Theater_Nerd Profile Photo
Theater_Nerd
#301Last I Heard...
Posted: 11/20/16 at 5:28pm

Trump and his supporters: A whole lot of ugly coming from an endless parade of stupid.

You Can Disagree Without Being Disagreeable

Dancingthrulife2 Profile Photo
Dancingthrulife2
#302Last I Heard...
Posted: 11/20/16 at 5:38pm

¿Macavity? said: "BroadwayConcierge said: "That's fair, guys. I still stand by my "everybody should be able to peacefully go to the theatre"

"

I agree. I honestly think that what that cast did was rude. I can't stand Pence, I think he's a real low-life, but if he payed for admission they shouldn't harass him. Rude. JMO.

"

Did he pay $700 plus and get the ticket from Ticketmaster the way you would or did he get the ticket because of his vp-elect status? If the latter, he was attending the show as a vp-elect not a common theatergoer.

BeadleDeedle Profile Photo
BeadleDeedle
#303Last I Heard...
Posted: 11/20/16 at 5:55pm

Also, he was in no way HARRASSED. Watch the video. My God, some people just insist on living their lives fact-free

binau Profile Photo
binau
#304Last I Heard...
Posted: 11/20/16 at 6:13pm

BeadleDeedle said: "Also, he was in no way HARRASSED. Watch the video. My God, some people just insist on living their lives fact-free

"

Exactly. If people were a bit more honest about the truth and reality of the world, it would be a much better place. 

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

MichelleCraig Profile Photo
MichelleCraig
#305Last I Heard...
Posted: 11/20/16 at 6:30pm

May have already been answered...hard to keep up here...but yes, according to The New York Times, tickets for Pence were purchased...

Dancingthrulife2
#306Last I Heard...
Posted: 11/20/16 at 6:34pm

MichelleCraig said: "May have already been answered...hard to keep up here...but yes, according to The New York Times, tickets for Pence were purchased...

"

The question is, weren't he the vp-elect, would he still be able to purchase the ticket?

MichelleCraig Profile Photo
MichelleCraig
#307Last I Heard...
Posted: 11/20/16 at 6:38pm

No. House seats are not held for people like you or I.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#308Last I Heard...
Posted: 11/20/16 at 6:38pm

So apparently, Trump people are protesting outside the theater right now, holding American Flags. 

ebontoyan
#309Last I Heard...
Posted: 11/20/16 at 6:39pm

He called to the show's office in the afternoon to get his tickets. Good to hear he paid for them. But ordinary folks like us cannot call the office in the afternoon of the show to get tickets! Buy tickets months in advance, cancellation line, lottery, resell...that's how we go about it. Since he is VP Elect he got tickets that way, otherwise no way!!!

fbueller
#310Last I Heard...
Posted: 11/20/16 at 6:41pm

Dancingthrulife2 said: "fbueller, did you vote for Trump? Is this why you've been so upset"

Dancingthrulife2--Not at all.  I am a Democrat and voted for Hillary.  It was just so wrong and inappropriate for a statement to be made at any type of performance to an audience member for no reason.

When an audience member is causing a distraction or speaking out of turn, it is appropriate for a performer to heckle and  be proactive to stop the inappropriate talking or behavior.  This wasn't the case at all here, however.  The VP elect simply attended the show to take as a regular audience member.  The cast was completely out of line.  It was the same as if he would have attended a comedy club show and been heckled for no reason by the comic on stage. 

Updated On: 11/20/16 at 06:41 PM

Castle2
#311Last I Heard...
Posted: 11/20/16 at 6:42pm

The question is, weren't he the vp-elect, would he still be able to purchase the ticket?

Prior to the election he may have been able to get House seats for being on the Republican ticket. Sanders got House seats during the primary season.  So I think it's not being VP-elect specifically that got them for him, but it's still his political position.

Pootie2
#312Last I Heard...
Posted: 11/20/16 at 6:44pm

Jordan Catalano said: "So apparently, Trump people are protesting outside the theater right now, holding American Flags. 

"

The more Trump supporters speak/behave, the more I'm convinced they're simply not a very bright bunch. I hope they bought their Starbucks!

#BoycottTrumplikePattiMurin

Theater_Nerd Profile Photo
Theater_Nerd
#313Last I Heard...
Posted: 11/20/16 at 6:45pm

Hi Jordan, I think that also happened last night. It was a protest flash mob with said mob waving Trump signs and American flags.

You Can Disagree Without Being Disagreeable

Jordan Catalano
#314Last I Heard...
Posted: 11/20/16 at 6:51pm

I kinda want to go join them and secretly get them to say stupid sh*t on camera. 

binau Profile Photo
binau
#315Last I Heard...
Posted: 11/20/16 at 7:28pm

That would be funny. I bet almost none of them would be able to even describe what actually happened/what Dixon said (accurately, at least). 

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
#316Last I Heard...
Posted: 11/20/16 at 7:36pm

It wouldn't be a bit funny. Just a sad example of the ignorance of Trump devotees and a clear demonstation of how he "won" this election. Last I Heard...

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$

After Eight
#317Last I Heard...
Posted: 11/20/16 at 7:43pm

"So apparently, Trump people are protesting outside the theater right now, holding American Flags. 

Speaking truth to power.

"

Jordan Catalano
#318Last I Heard...
Posted: 11/20/16 at 7:45pm

I'm surprised you're online and not furiously beating off to Fox News, A8.

belrowley
#319Last I Heard...
Posted: 11/20/16 at 8:00pm

Mark Harris at Vulture wrote a nice essay about what happened:

"Little incidents can come packed with big meaning. The Hamilton episode touched on LGBTQ issues, which were shamefully underdiscussed during the campaign and remain so now. It touched on immigration; on race; on the impact and value of protest speech; on the president-elect’s temperament; on his demands for opponents to capitulate; on his disdain for First Amendment freedoms (his quartet of Hamilton tweets was consistent with his post-election attacks on public protestors and on the New York Times); and on the worries of several large populations that the Trump administration will demonize them and make them less safe...

What [Trump] doesn’t understand is that anybody who walks through the doors of a theater should be prepared to have preconceptions challenged, beliefs questioned, certitudes shaken, ideas adjusted, worldviews broadened, and perspectives shifted. People who consider that a threat to their safety should probably stay away from theater and the rest of popular culture altogether. For the rest of us, that’s not only safe, it’s essential."

http://www.vulture.com/2016/11/why-the-hamilton-pence-incident-matters.html

Rumpelstiltskin Profile Photo
Rumpelstiltskin
#320Last I Heard...
Posted: 11/20/16 at 9:45pm

I still can't get past Trump demanding an apology from the Hamilton cast.  Is this really what the next four years are going to be like?  Barking orders to private citizens via tweets?  The guy is a lunatic.  None of this is a surprise, but it just gets sadder by the minute. 

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#321Last I Heard...
Posted: 11/20/16 at 10:18pm

And here's the video of the protests

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/800120955439878144

And this guy is trying to tarnish LMM pathetically 

(LMM was quoting A CHORUS LINE)

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/800501309304696832

(LMM was mentioning IN THE HEIGHTS)

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/800499403102580736

broadwayguy91
#322Last I Heard...
Posted: 11/20/16 at 10:39pm

god, Trump supporters truly are the cancer of American society. Stupid, brainless, idiotic .. what other adjective? oh right, to quote Mrs Clinton, 'a basket of deplorables.." LOL

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#323Last I Heard...
Posted: 11/20/16 at 10:41pm

broadwayguy91 said: "god, Trump supporters truly are the cancer of American society. Stupid, brainless, idiotic .. what other adjective? oh right, to quote Mrs Clinton, 'a basket of deplorables.." LOL

"

You, my friend, are the divide. 

Dancingthrulife2
#324Last I Heard...
Posted: 11/20/16 at 11:04pm

What really divides the country is beliefs some people hold that go against the very ideals upon which it was founded and serve to justify their myopic vision of greatness and mask their jingoistic vanity.

Updated On: 11/20/16 at 11:04 PM

Videos