pixeltracker

HERE LIES LOVE - Broadway Previews- Page 13

HERE LIES LOVE - Broadway Previews

Voter Profile Photo
Voter
#300HERE LIES LOVE - Broadway Previews
Posted: 7/13/23 at 4:51pm

bwaylyric said: "Just announced that Black Eyed Peas member APL.de.ap has joined HLL as producer. He joins the show’s other celeb producers Lea Salonga, Jo Koy, and H.E.R. Will Bruno Mars be next? And what exactly are their contributions to the show?"

$$$$$$

There are like 3 other people called Voter on here, FYI. Deleted comment count: 12

mikem Profile Photo
mikem
#301HERE LIES LOVE - Broadway Previews
Posted: 7/14/23 at 9:37am

Should the digital lottery be open right now?  I'm at rush.telecharge.com , and I see plenty of shows but I don't see Here Lies Love at all.  Also, when you sign up for the lottery, do you get to choose standing vs not standing, or is it assigned to you?

"What was the name of that cheese that I like?" "you can't run away forever...but there's nothing wrong with getting a good head start" "well I hope and I pray, that maybe someday, you'll walk in the room with my heart"

steve.sometime
#302HERE LIES LOVE - Broadway Previews
Posted: 7/14/23 at 9:44am

mikem said: "Should the digital lottery be open right now? I'm at rush.telecharge.com , and I see plenty of shows but I don't see Here Lies Love at all. Also, when you sign up for the lottery, do you get to choose standing vs not standing, or is it assigned to you?"

It does appear it's not offered today. When they're available, there would be two separate links for the same performance, one for seated, one for standing. You choose which one to enter.

JustAnotherNewYorker
#303HERE LIES LOVE - Broadway Previews
Posted: 7/14/23 at 9:45am

They had no standing seats for the last 2 days of lottery (seated only) and no lottery now. I wonder if they're using the lottery just to fill empty seats or maybe reconfiguring the lottery so it doesn't run on weekend and doesn't take up the dance floor?

I posted about the lack of standing seats in the lottery in the thread a day or two ago, but those posts seem to have disappeared

Hey, Zelda! Profile Photo
Hey, Zelda!
#304HERE LIES LOVE - Broadway Previews
Posted: 7/14/23 at 10:02am

bwaylyric said: "Just announced that Black Eyed Peas member APL.de.ap has joined HLL as producer. He joins the show’s other celeb producers Lea Salonga, Jo Koy, and H.E.R. Will Bruno Mars be next?"

It's a David Byrne show. Just promise a half-empty bag of Doritos, and they'll show up.

OhHiii
#305HERE LIES LOVE - Broadway Previews
Posted: 7/14/23 at 11:18am

Voter said: "bwaylyric said: "Just announced that Black Eyed Peas member APL.de.ap has joined HLL as producer. He joins the show’s other celeb producers Lea Salonga, Jo Koy, and H.E.R. Will Bruno Mars be next? And what exactly are their contributions to the show?"

$$$$$$
"

These celebs are likely not giving a cent to the show, but lending name recognition and connections. Same as those who joined the producing team of A Strange Loop.

rubytuesday Profile Photo
rubytuesday
#306HERE LIES LOVE - Broadway Previews
Posted: 7/14/23 at 1:28pm

OhHiii said: "Voter said: "bwaylyric said: "Just announced that Black Eyed Peas member APL.de.ap has joined HLL as producer. He joins the show’s other celeb producers Lea Salonga, Jo Koy, and H.E.R. Will Bruno Mars be next? And what exactly are their contributions to the show?"

$$$$$$
"

These celebs are likely not giving a cent to the show, but lending name recognition and connections. Same as those who joined the producing team of A Strange Loop.
"

And a chance to snatch another element needed for an EGOT.

chrishuyen
#307HERE LIES LOVE - Broadway Previews
Posted: 7/14/23 at 2:52pm

From David Korins's instagram, it looks like the show is now frozen.

mikem Profile Photo
mikem
#308HERE LIES LOVE - Broadway Previews
Posted: 7/14/23 at 4:45pm

steve.sometime and justanothernewyorker, thank you for the info about the lottery!  It's kind of odd that they do it some days and not others, but I guess it's better than not doing it at all!  Hopefully the lack of lottery availability means that the show is selling a bit better.   

"What was the name of that cheese that I like?" "you can't run away forever...but there's nothing wrong with getting a good head start" "well I hope and I pray, that maybe someday, you'll walk in the room with my heart"

bholtzinger544
#309HERE LIES LOVE - Broadway Previews
Posted: 7/14/23 at 6:52pm

I saw the show on Wednesday and got $99 floor tickets at 11 am at the box office. I asked when I was buying them and they said sales had picked up quite a bit this week with Lea joining the cast. 

Jumpin_J
#310HERE LIES LOVE - Broadway Previews
Posted: 7/14/23 at 7:13pm

chrishuyen said: "From David Korins's instagram, it looks like the show is now frozen."

When the show is in the final week of previews, it usually is. 

yyys
#311HERE LIES LOVE - Broadway Previews
Posted: 7/14/23 at 7:52pm

Oof I guess i got lucky last Saturday when they were selling floor for $35.

bholtzinger544 said: "I saw the show on Wednesday and got $99 floor tickets at 11 am at the box office. I asked when I was buying them and they said sales had picked up quite a bit this week with Lea joining the cast."

JustAnotherNewYorker
#312HERE LIES LOVE - Broadway Previews
Posted: 7/15/23 at 1:05am

The lottery is back up for Sunday @6:30. Seats only.

BETTY22
#313HERE LIES LOVE - Broadway Previews
Posted: 7/15/23 at 4:08pm

The critics are at the show over the next few days. I’m seeing it Sunday. 

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#314HERE LIES LOVE - Broadway Previews
Posted: 7/15/23 at 4:10pm

Curious if they are having the critics stand or sit, or a mix of both.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

B212323
#315HERE LIES LOVE - Broadway Previews
Posted: 7/15/23 at 11:04pm

I can't imagine Jesse Green standing to review the show. I'm guessing they're padding the dance floor with friends of the production for the critics. 

chrishuyen
#316HERE LIES LOVE - Broadway Previews
Posted: 7/15/23 at 11:06pm

I heard that the production gives them a choice between standing and sitting. Wonder how many will choose to stand (Adam Feldman maybe?) but I can imagine it makes it harder to take notes 

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
#317HERE LIES LOVE - Broadway Previews
Posted: 7/15/23 at 11:35pm

Are there any rules that prevent them from inviting a critic twice? Like I know the critics are busy and may not say yes. But, could the show say that if they wanted to try both standing and sitting, they could come twice?

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#318HERE LIES LOVE - Broadway Previews
Posted: 7/15/23 at 11:44pm

Saw it this afternoon and was wondering where they would place the critics. My first thought was front Mezz. The production is so expansive it seems that would be the best vantage point. Or the front of the Rear Mezz, center. I sat in Row G in the mezz, house right in seat 19. The view was fine.

Enjoyed the show but now wish I had seen it at the Public.  I will say, I was impressed with the sound design. And your jaw will drop when you get inside of the "Club/theater". The pictures and videos are nothing compared to actually being there. Also, no drinks allowed on the floor or those side seats. (That might have been mentioned here already)

This was my first time ever hearing/seeing Lea Salonga onstage and, wow. Just Wow. Her short time onstage was worth the price of admission. And a lot of the crowd erupted into applause when she took the stage. We were wondering as we left if they are going to rotate the Aurora role out with popular stage or recording artists. The song itself is killer. I listened to a few of the songs on the Off-Broadway cast recording but glad I got to experience "Just Ask The Flowers" for the first time live and her singing it.  

I left kind of in the middle on this one but I could see myself seeing it again. JMO

Just give the world Love.

BETTY22
#319HERE LIES LOVE - Broadway Previews
Posted: 7/16/23 at 8:22am

Email to critics read:

"Here are the dates we can offer - do you want seated tickets or dance floor/standing tickets." BBB

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
#320HERE LIES LOVE - Broadway Previews
Posted: 7/16/23 at 10:28am

The trailer's been posted! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yW2weVPToec 

A little bit busy in my opinion. I was hoping we'd get some longer clips in there, especially after they teased us with those clips all week. 

Knoton1948
#321HERE LIES LOVE - Broadway Previews
Posted: 7/16/23 at 11:02am

It's always fascinating to hear how a show evolves through different iterations, and the insights from people who have seen previous versions can provide valuable perspectives.

Updated On: 7/16/23 at 11:02 AM

Wayman_Wong
#322HERE LIES LOVE - Broadway Previews
Posted: 7/16/23 at 11:45am

Here's ''CBS Sunday Morning's'' story on ''Here Lies Love''

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/here-lies-love-a-dance-pop-musical-on-the-life-of-imelda-marcos/

gibsons2
#323HERE LIES LOVE - Broadway Previews
Posted: 7/16/23 at 12:25pm

jkcohen626 said: "The trailer's been posted!

A little bit busy in my opinion. I was hoping we'd get some longer clips in there, especially after they teased us with those clips all week.
"

Is it just me or the vocals sound awful in this clip?  If I hadn't already seen the show , I would've decided to skip it based on the sound of it....

BETTY22
#324HERE LIES LOVE - Broadway Previews
Posted: 7/16/23 at 1:12pm

gibsons2 said: "jkcohen626 said: "The trailer's been posted!

"

Is it just me or the vocals sound awful in this clip? If I hadn't already seen the show , I would've decided to skip it based on the sound of it....
"

I agree. I don't think this helped the show at all. And all other people standing around and dancing looked exhausting. 

Videos