pixeltracker

Hamilton Cancellation Line- Page 131

Hamilton Cancellation Line

sarahb22 Profile Photo
sarahb22
#3250Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/11/16 at 7:26pm

Hairspray0901 said: "I just looked at StubHub and they have tickets as low as $373 for tonight's 7pm! orchestra row D! guess prices are going to be a lot less for resale now!"

My question is, what's going to happen to those insane premium ticket prices when they release the next block of tickets? I really doubt anybody's going to pay $849 for a ticket when the current resale price is less than $400.  Will RRT lower the price? Guess we'll see!

sueb1863 Profile Photo
sueb1863
#3251Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/11/16 at 8:53pm

I'll be interested to see what happens when anybody can just walk right up to the box office and buy a ticket for that night's show without any problem at all. Pretty soon there won't be any point in scalping tickets for it.

jdra
#3252Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/11/16 at 9:17pm

sarahb22 said: "My question is, what's going to happen to those insane premium ticket prices when they release the next block of tickets? I really doubt anybody's going to pay $849 for a ticket when the current resale price is less than $400.  Will RRT lower the price? Guess we'll see! "

I know. Really. There are even Amex premium $849 tickets sitting unsold from the last block. It really will be interesting to see how this all transpires.

FYI, there were 14 tickets left on StubHub at showtime. I don't remember seeing so many left.

casedilla2
#3253Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/11/16 at 11:51pm

Anyone have an update on the cancellation line? I'm hoping to try it for the Wednesday evening show, and trying to figure out if an overnight stay is necessary anymore.

Cupid Boy2 Profile Photo
Cupid Boy2
#3254Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/11/16 at 11:54pm

I went past the theater Sunday night around 9, and there were two people in line for Monday's show. 

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#3255Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/12/16 at 12:08am

sarahb22 said: "Hairspray0901 said: "I just looked at StubHub and they have tickets as low as $373 for tonight's 7pm! orchestra row D! guess prices are going to be a lot less for resale now!"

My question is, what's going to happen to those insane premium ticket prices when they release the next block of tickets? I really doubt anybody's going to pay $849 for a ticket when the current resale price is less than $400.  Will RRT lower the price? Guess we'll see!
"

It'll be up to the producers as it will affect their potential gross % numbers. We'll see over the next few weeks what will happen to the secondary ticket market, especially if Dahveed, Renee, & Christopher opt to leave in the fall.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#3256Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/12/16 at 12:15am

Did anyone notice in the Hamilton Gross numbers for last week that they had 101.8% seats sold? From comparing that to past weeks 101.8% is the highest it can be. I wonder if the box office/theater knew on Wednesday evening that they were indeed sold out and had no tickets to sell the cancellation line and that's why they played that stampede game with the cancellation line. 

lafayettelove
#3257Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/12/16 at 1:35am

If i don't want to stay overnight, anyone know what day of the week is the best?? Also would it be good to go in mid august or should i wait until october?? OBC is not a priority- i saw them a month ago. 

HSky
#3258Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/12/16 at 2:58am

Friends of a friend were first in the line after arriving Sunday night, they ended up with unclaimed lottery tix around an hour before showtime Monday.

sueb1863 Profile Photo
sueb1863
#3259Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/12/16 at 6:18am

Pretty soon they won't need the cancellation line. You'll be able to just get face value tickets at the box office. Things seem to be cooling off pretty quickly.

I think the $849 price won't be around long either. Nobody is going to pay that now.

swanjewel Profile Photo
swanjewel
#3260Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/12/16 at 12:17pm

Just checked stubhub and right now there are tickets for $303.  Interested to see what they go for tonight before showtime.

Lafayette84
#3261Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/12/16 at 12:17pm

I would assume Wednesday's...I'm contemplating getting in line around midnight for the matinee. Now that ticket prices on Third party sites are slowly going down, I feel like cancellation line is back to decent times. 

casedilla2
#3262Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/12/16 at 12:41pm

is anyone in NYC today who can stop by and give an update on how it looks and when the first people in line for tonight's show got there?

lafayettelove
#3263Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/12/16 at 3:00pm

I'll be in the city later this week and i'll be sure to post pictures of the line. Would stage door be less crazy??

rcbell64
#3264Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/12/16 at 3:06pm

No question. Stage door only got bad in June. We did the line in April and again in May and both times we got LOADS of pics of (and WITH, in a lot of cases) everyone from Anthony and Jasmine (they're always together like glue lol) to Daveed and Leslie. If you do the line and are there even 12 hours, you'll see everyone anyway. They walk in and walk out that way, and come out between shows on two a days etc. It's like you just have to keep your eyes open and they're pretty much all over the place. Lin got a slice of pizza across the street last time we were there.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#3265Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/12/16 at 4:06pm

lafayettelove said: "I'll be in the city later this week and i'll be sure to post pictures of the line. Would stage door be less crazy??"

Friends did stage door last night and it wasn't as crazy as last week but still crowded.

Telegram Spam
#3266Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/12/16 at 4:12pm

I'm heading over to TKTS to see if they have "Hamilton" tickets for tonight.

perfectlymarvelous Profile Photo
perfectlymarvelous
#3267Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/12/16 at 4:19pm

Telegram Spam said: "I'm heading over to TKTS to see if they have "Hamilton" tickets for tonight."

Oh, honey...

jdra
#3268Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/12/16 at 5:19pm

Telegram Spam said: "I'm heading over to TKTS to see if they have "Hamilton" tickets for tonight."

joking?

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#3269Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/12/16 at 5:22pm

Well, it worked for the woman in the TV show Odd Mom Out! (Kidding)

ampi2 Profile Photo
ampi2
#3270Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/12/16 at 6:41pm

Wow there are 42 tickets left for tonight's show, starting at $229.

are people still lining up?

Updated On: 7/12/16 at 06:41 PM

jdra
#3271Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/12/16 at 6:56pm

just now right before showtime, ticket on StubHub for $159. Orchestra Row V partial view.

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#3272Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/12/16 at 7:07pm

Those prices have me smiling. Part of me wants them to go unsold. 

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany
Updated On: 7/12/16 at 07:07 PM

rcbell64
#3273Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/12/16 at 7:12pm

I'm dying for an update on the line lengths at this point. I'd LOVE to see it again but don't want to sleep out if I can help it. It wasn't so bad the first couple times because, although it was cold at night, we were allowed to have chairs. I don't know if my back can take sitting on the ground for 24 hours. I'm hoping to hear that getting there at 7 AM or so would be enough. Thinking of trying on a two-show day.

jdra
#3274Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/12/16 at 7:48pm

rcbell64 said: "I'm dying for an update on the line lengths at this point. I'd LOVE to see it again but don't want to sleep out if I can help it. It wasn't so bad the first couple times because, although it was cold at night, we were allowed to have chairs. I don't know if my back can take sitting on the ground for 24 hours. I'm hoping to hear that getting there at 7 AM or so would be enough. Thinking of trying on a two-show day."

Why not just buy a day of show StubHub ticket? They are not much more than face value. I saw one today at less than face right before the show.

Videos