Hamilton Cancellation Line

ryanjohn
#3325Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/14/16 at 1:27pm

problem solved LOL track suit it is LOL

Katmichel
#3326Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/14/16 at 1:54pm

Thank you so much everyone for your help! Visiting from Australia so kinda new to this but have been stalking this forum and ticket prices. I probably would pay the $550 premium price as at least that would get a premium ticket (as opposed to a $700 + $100 booking fee per ticket! For RM seats). If not successful, I know the production will still be amazing without Daveed and more affordable :) might suss out the line tomorrow and see how many people are in it. Because it would be slightly annoying to wait 10 hours to not get a ticket but ah well, 10 hours isn't that long for the Hamilton line!

chelseaburnside
#3327Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/14/16 at 4:05pm

Walked by the RRT at 3, there were maybe 15 people on line.

rcbell64
#3328Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/14/16 at 4:10pm

Ah, thank SO much for the intel! That's great to know.

bltl812
#3329Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/14/16 at 5:13pm

Fan99 said: "bltl812 said: "Does anyone know how long the cancellation line has been this week? We are thinking about getting in line hoping for Saturday matinee tickets and are trying to figure out when to get there. Thanks!

There were 4 people in the cancellation line when I walked by the theater at 9:20am this morning. 

Thank you!

Updated On: 7/14/16 at 05:13 PM

KaitVerde
#3330Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/14/16 at 5:47pm

As of about 5:15pm today, there's a line of about 30 tickets (meaning there's about 20 people but some of them want more than one ticket). Based on yesterday, about 20-25 tickets were offered for the Wednesday matinee and 17 tickets were offered for the Wednesday night performance. The number of tickets offered always varies, but I thought I'd let you know.

I'm a bit bitter because I waited in line for both yesterday and due to list problems/Hamilton box office not honoring "the list" (which they're not required to of course) I ended up being the first person in line at both the matinee and evening performances when the box office announced that they had no more tickets. I don't recommend experiencing that twice in one day.

Updated On: 7/14/16 at 05:47 PM

Fan99
#3331Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/14/16 at 5:49pm

MyFavoriteBrunette said: "Fan99 said: There were 4 people in the cancellation line when I walked by the theater at 9:20am this morning. 

Maybe the other 25 were on a break?  LOL!  I'm just saying this because even when the line looks short, there's a back-story to where the rest of the line is.

They might have been somewhere.....but they were not on the cancellation line for Hamilton.  

"

ZellMorrowsPledge Profile Photo
ZellMorrowsPledge
#3332Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/14/16 at 7:11pm

So is getting to see the show without waiting over 24 hours a thing now? And do they just give out premiums? No more face value? 

Use my code "YZTFG" for $20 OFF tickets on TodayTix!

KaitVerde
#3333Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/14/16 at 7:25pm

Not sure, but I just checked in with the guy who announces there are no more tickets and he said "very few" people got in today (he wouldn't specify a number). Since tomorrow is Daveed Diggs' last show, my guess is that it's going to be difficult to get tickets because few will cancel and people will take the "reserved for friends/family of cast" and lottery tickets. It's hard to say though since the rumor is that it was easier to get tickets to the last Miranda/Soo/Odom Jr. performance than it was earlier in their last week because people assumed the cancellation line would be crazy and didn't try for the line.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#3334Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/14/16 at 7:54pm

KaitVerde said: "Not sure, but I just checked in with the guy who announces there are no more tickets and he said "very few" people got in today (he wouldn't specify a number). Since tomorrow is Daveed Diggs' last show, my guess is that it's going to be difficult to get tickets because few will cancel and people will take the "reserved for friends/family of cast" and lottery tickets. It's hard to say though since the rumor is that it was easier to get tickets to the last Miranda/Soo/Odom Jr. performance than it was earlier in their last week because people assumed the cancellation line would be crazy and didn't try for the line."

It was relatively easy to get *premium* tickets to the last Miranda/Soo/Odom Jr performance last week for sure. As for regular tickets, however, definitely not! 

Updated On: 7/14/16 at 07:54 PM

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#3335Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/14/16 at 7:59pm

Fan99 said: "MyFavoriteBrunette said: "Fan99 said: There were 4 people in the cancellation line when I walked by the theater at 9:20am this morning. 

Maybe the other 25 were on a break?  LOL!  I'm just saying this because even when the line looks short, there's a back-story to where the rest of the line is.

They might have been somewhere.....but they were not on the cancellation line for Hamilton.  
"

lmao! And this is where the *drama* part of the line comes from. A newbie who wants to cut the line will just join the end of the line they see in front of them. The rest of the folks come back, drama starts. Box office doesn't want to be a part of it, etc. 

chelseaburnside
#3336Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/14/16 at 8:13pm

Saw girls who got on line around 2:00 get in for tonight's show.

sydney16
#3337Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/14/16 at 8:23pm

Do you think that the odds of winning the digital lottery are greater if you're trying to win one ticket or two tickets? I've always put in an entry for one ticket but if it'll give me greater odds then I'll change to two.

Updated On: 7/14/16 at 08:23 PM

rcbell64
#3338Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/14/16 at 8:25pm

chelseaburnside said: "Saw girls who got on line around 2:00 get in for tonight's show.

"

Do you happen to know if those were premium tickets? 

chelseaburnside
#3339Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/14/16 at 8:31pm

rcbell64 said: "chelseaburnside said: "Saw girls who got on line around 2:00 get in for tonight's show.

"

Do you happen to know if those were premium tickets? 

"

I believe they were house seats

rcbell64
#3340Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/14/16 at 8:52pm

thanks so much!

lafayettelove
#3341Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/14/16 at 11:53pm

Times square is not a good idea tomorrow. Day of rage. Look it up its very dangerous. 

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#3342Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/14/16 at 11:59pm

lafayettelove said: "Times square is not a good idea tomorrow. Day of rage. Look it up its very dangerous. "

http://www.snopes.com/2016/07/11/anonymous-day-of-rage-protests-2016/

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

MyFavoriteBrunette Profile Photo
MyFavoriteBrunette
#3343Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/15/16 at 12:49am

lafayettelove said: "Times square is not a good idea tomorrow. Day of rage. Look it up its very dangerous. 

Everytime the RRT doesn't honor "the list" it's a day of rage.  There's a whole thread about it here on BWW, LOL! 

Updated On: 7/15/16 at 12:49 AM

Cape Twirl of Doom Profile Photo
Cape Twirl of Doom
#3344Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/15/16 at 12:59am

lafayettelove said: "Times square is not a good idea tomorrow. Day of rage. Look it up its very dangerous. "

LOL

"It's Phantom meets Hamlet... Phamlet!"

rockraines30
#3345Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/15/16 at 1:39am

So if we show up early tomorrow in line do we have a shot maybe.  My daughter just landed, we have tickets for Wed she has been waiting all year to see this musical but we just missed Lin and the gang and we don't want to miss Daveed.   It's crazy because I'm heartbroken that we just missed out but I was thinking Daveed was the one person I was actually SUPER EXCITED to see.  Guess it's lottery and a SHOT at tickets. 

lafayettelove
#3346Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/15/16 at 3:29am

I won the lotto yesterday but my phone was dead and i didnt get the email until 6 ish ): congrats to whoever got that ticket though!!

casedilla2
#3347Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/15/16 at 3:46am

@lafayettelove, yesterday as in Wednesday, 7/15? My friend and I were in the cancellation line and we both got a pair of unclaimed lotto tickets and four of us were all able to sit front row, so if that is the show you meant, I am so sorry you missed your email but at least know that the people who sat in those seats had an incredible time!

radar2
#3348Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/15/16 at 7:46am

So I'm on the line now 

And including myself there's already 8 people so chances for today are slimming

Kate Monster3
#3349Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/15/16 at 8:58am

sorry if this has been asked and answered before, but if you end up with the unclaimed lotto tickets, do you pay the $10 lotto price, or is it face value?

Videos