pixeltracker

Hamilton Cancellation Line- Page 139

Hamilton Cancellation Line

MyFavoriteBrunette Profile Photo
MyFavoriteBrunette
#3450Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/22/16 at 3:34am

bltl812 said: "Was anyone at the cancellation line today? Planning on doing the cancellation line on Saturday for the matinee show,

I noticed about 2 dozen people on the line at about 6pm.

Fan99
#3451Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/22/16 at 9:33am

There were 3 people on the cancellation line when I passed it at 9:10AM this morning.

rangersrule132
#3452Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/22/16 at 9:40am

I can't believe that the original cast leavings was the cause of the 4 day lines. The talent that they brought in and have is what is going to take this show to a new level. Lin was alright compared to Javier who I think is fantastic but that's another story in itself. But I'm wondering did Book of Mormon see this drastic of a decline in their standing room line/ cancellation line when Rannells and Gad left. I know the Line wasn't 4 days long for Book of Mormon but I know it was an almost overnight affair if not longer. 

HamiltonFan
#3453Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/22/16 at 10:46am

Does anyone have a general idea as to what days are better than others for the cancellation line? Because I was thinking about going on a Monday, but if I could get into a Saturday matinee then that would be much better than waiting in line for 12 hours.

aaaaaa15
#3454Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/22/16 at 10:52am

From this thread it seems like the BOM cancellation line wasn't ever close to what Hamilton's is/was:

https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.php?thread=1030674&page=1

CPB2
#3455Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/22/16 at 11:30am

sorano916 said: "Plus a service fee of $11.50? If it's a hard ticket, the fee is $2 and it's already included in the price of the ticket. "

Tickets sold through Ticketmaster, both hard tickets and electronic will have fees of $10-$11.50. Cancellation line tickets and others sold directly from the box office will not have this fee. All tickets list that "$2 facility fee" in big print under the show title, must be a contractual or legal thing.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#3456Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/22/16 at 11:33am

rangersrule132 said: "But I'm wondering did Book of Mormon see this drastic of a decline in their standing room line/ cancellation line when Rannells and Gad left. I know the Line wasn't 4 days long for Book of Mormon but I know it was an almost overnight affair if not longer. "

The standing room line could be overnight occasionally (I know because I did two of them, for two people's last shows), but no, I don't believe the cancelation line was anything even close to Hamilton's.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

MyFavoriteBrunette
#3457Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/22/16 at 11:40am

MinervaMoon said: I never posted here about this but I actually gave in and bought tickets for Daveed's last show, so I saw it last Friday too and it was [fire emoji x 100,000]. All in all a pretty successful trip, even aside from the major purpose of finding a new apartment . . .

Of course you went to his last show!  He's your boo! And you're his "Virginia, my home sweet home, I wanna give you a kiss" gal!  

Glad for you that you went!  Do whatever it is that brings you joy!  Life is fragile and short!

Was Audra in at Shuffle?  My friend is going tonight and I pray she gets to see Audra.  I urged her to see this show the past month!

Updated On: 7/22/16 at 11:40 AM

Lady, Esq.
#3458Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/22/16 at 12:20pm

I have been reading this thread for a while but this is my first time posting.  Now that the frenzy has seemed to die down, I am strongly considering going to the line.  My birthday is next week and I really like to make it special.  Seeing that I may be able to get tickets for $199 has me wanting to try.  I wanted to wait until Brandon joined the cast but this seems like a great time to get tickets so I want to take advantage of it.

It'd be on Friday so I may try to see some other shows over the weekend just to get the most out of my trip.

Thanks to everyone who continues to update this thread.

Updated On: 7/22/16 at 12:20 PM

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#3459Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/22/16 at 1:23pm

LizzieCurry said: "rangersrule132 said: "But I'm wondering did Book of Mormon see this drastic of a decline in their standing room line/ cancellation line when Rannells and Gad left. I know the Line wasn't 4 days long for Book of Mormon but I know it was an almost overnight affair if not longer. "

The standing room line could be overnight occasionally (I know because I did two of them, for two people's last shows), but no, I don't believe the cancelation line was anything even close to Hamilton's.
"

I agree that for Book of Mormon the long wait was for standing room. I did it twice back in summer 2011 and both times I just went to the theater at around 7am. I forget the exact number but the box office always sold X number of SRO so you knew whether it was worth your time to wait all day or not. Oh and the $27 SRO price wasn't bad either.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#3460Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/22/16 at 1:33pm

MinervaMoon said: "I never posted here about this but I actually gave in and bought tickets for Daveed's last show, so I saw it last Friday too and it was [fire emoji x 100,000]. All in all a pretty successful trip, even aside from the major purpose of finding a new apartment . . ."

I was there too! :) My friend was visiting from FL and had wanted to see Hamilton so we were going to shoot for cancellation line on Saturday for matinee but ever since learning Wed/Sat eves can be a hit or miss with the cancellation line, we opted to shoot for Daveed's last performance last Friday. Arrived at 6am and waited all day. That evening they sold 4 regular seats and 7 standing room. Got standing room but during intermission, usher gave the ok to move to empty orchestra seat... that just happened to be 2nd row center orchestra! :) :) :)

It was cool to see Daveed finally have his own individual bow. In the past, only Hamilton and Eliza did individual bows, and then the entire cast would do one bow all together. 

MinervaMoon Profile Photo
MinervaMoon
#3461Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/22/16 at 2:36pm

MyFavoriteBrunette said: "Of course you went to his last show!  He's your boo! And you're his "Virginia, my home sweet home, I wanna give you a kiss" gal!  

Glad for you that you went!  Do whatever it is that brings you joy!  Life is fragile and short!

Was Audra in at Shuffle?  My friend is going tonight and I pray she gets to see Audra.  I urged her to see this show the past month!
"

Hahaha, you're so funny. <3 We were off to the side a bit (if you saw it, this is my video) and got to watch him charmingly wriggle his finger around and pick someone else for that part. Sigh. Hamilton Cancellation Line And getting tickets for him two days in advance was still 1/3 of the cost I paid for seeing the show in May . . . or 1/6 of the cost, considering that my Daveed friend paid me back for her seat, whereas my brother did not. The things you do for family.

Yes, Audra was in at Shuffle! I saw on the website that she doesn't do matinees, which is why I chose the evening performance. Good choice in the end because it left the matinee open for Hamilton, even though it meant that it messed up my schedule and I couldn't go home and change, so for both shows I was wearing a ridiculous dinosaur shirt I just threw on in the morning to check out ham4ham. You've seen what I wore to Hamilton in May so you know I'd rather dress up for shows! LOJ was wearing a sharp suit to Shuffle Along and I honestly didn't even want to be seen by him.

Hamilton Emotional Support Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/hamiltonsupport/

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#3462Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/22/16 at 4:02pm

Awesome video! Wow looksl ike you were in the front row side orch? I wasn't sure if those were lottery seats but I guess not. I have a similar video but it's shakey since I was clapping at the same time too. 

MyFavoriteBrunette
#3463Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/22/16 at 5:17pm

MinervaMoon said:  My Daveed friend paid me back for her seat, whereas my brother did not. The things you do for family.

YUP!  Every time I see Hamilton, I cover the cost because the husband takes care of keeping a roof over our head, lights and stove on, and WIFI in the house!  LOL!   I even treated my sister (rear mezz rip off resale) but tonight, after saving, she's going on her own dime 7th row 7th seat!  Lucky 7's  face value premium that popped up on TM Thursday morning.

LOJ was wearing a sharp suit to Shuffle Along and I honestly didn't even want to be seen by him.

LOL!  Aw!!!!!  I'm sure you looked great!

MyFavoriteBrunette
#3464Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/22/16 at 5:43pm

Wick3 said: I have a similar video but it's shakey since I was clapping at the same time too. 

I make the conscious decision to clap when the lights come back on after Eliza's end and then I sneak a pic during the bows, LOL! 

jdotham
#3465Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/22/16 at 8:05pm

Hiya folks!

This thread was really helpful when I was trying to figure out how to see the show, so here's my experience:

I was traveling in the city for work the past few days and got on the cancellation line around 6:15 on Wednesday. By then it was about 20 people deep, and I don't know how many/if any people had already been offered tickets. At 7:20 one of the guys from the theater came out and told the people about 5 in front of me that they weren't going to get that far in the line and encouraged us to go see another show.

Yesterday (Thursday) I got on line just after 4pm and was around 15th in line. At 6ish the first 4 folks on line were offered tickets. Around 6:30, a guy came out and counted how many tickets folks wanted (they let each person buy 1 or 2), and I was the 11th ticket in line. Just before 7 they started taking a few people in at a time, and at 7:05 I got in and got one of the $40 SRO tickets. I think one or two of the folks behind me also got in. The timing works out- I got up to the standing area right as the opening music started. 

Overall, it's definitely worth the wait for SRO tickets- the one thing I'd note is that the mezzanine overhang does create partial view for both SRO and rear orchestra seats (you can see the entire stage floor, but the stuff that happens on the second level when they climb up the stairs is blocked out). At the end of the day, if you want to try for $199 orchestra seats, get there early, but if you're just trying to see the show at all, you should be good if you get there 3-4 hours early.

Hope this helps! 

Burgcenafan
#3466Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/22/16 at 9:22pm

I plan on trying to see the show on a Saturday in August through the Cancellation line. The only question I have is does Javier do the Saturday matinee and if so how much longer will he do it?

Ahmy
#3467Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/22/16 at 11:44pm

Burgcenafan said: "I plan on trying to see the show on a Saturday in August through the Cancellation line. The only question I have is does Javier do the Saturday matinee and if so how much longer will he do it?

"

He's said in an interview that he'll be off Sundays and Mondays.

MyFavoriteBrunette
#3468Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/23/16 at 3:44am

Burgcenafan said: "I plan on trying to see the show on a Saturday in August through the Cancellation line. The only question I have is does Javier do the Saturday matinee and if so how much longer will he do it?

If no one answers here, you can ask below as well, incase members frequenting that thread have the answer.

https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.php?page=41&thread=1087459&dt=1015

bltl812
#3469Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/23/16 at 7:38am

Just walked by and there are like 20 people in the cancellation line already. Should I join or should I just go see something else today? Hamilton Cancellation Line

rcbell64
#3470Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/23/16 at 9:05am

Double show day. Seems like a lot of tickets have come out, so I bet like 15 of them get in for matinee. If you stay to evening, I bet you get a seat. Don't quote me, lol, but I would likely stay and roll the dice here.

Tuna2
#3471Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/23/16 at 9:28am

bltl812 said: "Just walked by and there are like 20 people in the cancellation line already. Should I join or should I just go see something else today? Hamilton Cancellation Line

I think you'll have a good chance for the evening show.  Like rcbell64 said, with today's temps getting into the upper 90's, I too bet that most of those folks are there for the matinee show!  Have plenty of water, shade, wear loose clothing and give it a try!

"

bltl812
#3472Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/23/16 at 10:38am

Tuna2 said: "bltl812 said: "Just walked by and there are like 20 people in the cancellation line already. Should I join or should I just go see something else today? Hamilton Cancellation Line

I think you'll have a good chance for the evening show.  Like rcbell64 said, with today's temps getting into the upper 90's, I too bet that most of those folks are there for the matinee show!  Have plenty of water, shade, wear loose clothing and give it a try!

"

"

Wish I could stay for the evening show, but I have a ticket to Waitress for tonight. I am number 16 in line right now with not idea of how many tickets the people in front of me are waiting for. I am looking at stub hub but I am afraid to jump the gun because I was almost scammed yesterday. Hamilton Cancellation Line

rcbell64
#3473Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/23/16 at 10:43am

I wouldn't buy on SH until at least 1:25. That's when ticket prices drop most. I would bet you get one for under $250. You will still have time to run to the business center and print them out and get back right before the opening number. That said, SH can be slow on delivering, so if you dont get an email or download available for five minutes or so, call customer service as you walk to the business center and explain the urgency and they will rush the digital delivery. Or, at least, they did for me last time. GOOD LUCK and keep us posted!

bltl812
#3474Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/23/16 at 12:32pm

rcbell64 said: "I wouldn't buy on SH until at least 1:25. That's when ticket prices drop most. I would bet you get one for under $250. You will still have time to run to the business center and print them out and get back right before the opening number. That said, SH can be slow on delivering, so if you dont get an email or download available for five minutes or so, call customer service as you walk to the business center and explain the urgency and they will rush the digital delivery. Or, at least, they did for me last time. GOOD LUCK and keep us posted!

"

Two premiums went out earlier. Just now they counted until like 6 people after me and told everyone else to leave ... fingers crossed. Anyone knows what this means?

Updated On: 7/23/16 at 12:32 PM

Videos