pixeltracker

Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread- Page 14

Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread

Alix Profile Photo
Alix
#325Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/11/15 at 8:08pm

If it makes any difference to you, I bought tickets for Saturday's performance long before John was injured--I'm not going for that reason. But okay, I see your point. And I will readily admit to being a little obsessive about John as Hedwig. :)

FindingNamo
#326Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/11/15 at 8:27pm

Maybe they'll have "I Saw Injured John" t-shirts.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Jamie Pierce Profile Photo
Jamie Pierce
#327Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/11/15 at 8:43pm

I completely understand what you were saying, Alix. And I agree!

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#328Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/11/15 at 8:50pm

I'm a bit confused, when is MCH returning? I have tickets to see JCM Feb. 27 but would love to return beforehand to see MCH- he was fantastic.

Bwaydide92
#329Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/11/15 at 8:59pm

MCH is overing from the 17-21. So all of next week.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#330Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/11/15 at 9:10pm

You're fine Alix, everyone gets what you're saying, I agree too!

FindingNamo
#331Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/11/15 at 9:15pm

As I said, the problem is mine.

But can we at least see what a privilege it is to be delighted by something that other people might feel sad about?

Updated On: 2/11/15 at 09:15 PM

MaddieBB12 Profile Photo
MaddieBB12
#332Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/11/15 at 9:15pm

My tickets are for the 28th-- I loved MCH, but I really want to see JCM. I'll play it by ear, but if I have to move it, I will.
Anyone know how much notice I have to give telecharge to switch my tickets?

darreyl102 Profile Photo
darreyl102
#333Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/11/15 at 9:18pm

@ Alix - it makes complete sense. because you are seeing a version of the show that only a select few audiences are going to get to experience, which makes it unique. Throughout all of Hedwig's Broadway run, this version will only be going on a short time- so you are seeing something special and rare. Easy enough to understand.

Darreyl with an L!

VintageSnarker
#334Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/11/15 at 9:23pm

I'm glad he's taking care of himself and I'm even more excited to try and get tickets when he returns. We might have some sold out shows with people transferring their tickets to later in the run.

FindingNamo
#335Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/11/15 at 9:53pm

^^^ Which is exactly what I said about privilege and the luxury of obsessive exposure. But maybe that "exclusivity" thing isn't what Alix meant at all?

pennydreadful Profile Photo
pennydreadful
#336Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/12/15 at 12:04am

I am glad to have a chance to see MCH in the role - after this, I will have only missed AR as Hedwig. But I'd be devastated if I had tickets to see JCM and he was out. I'm so sorry, y'all. Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread

Diva_Dom Profile Photo
Diva_Dom
#337Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/12/15 at 7:31am

For anyone seeing the show while MCH takes over...if you bring your ticket to the box office and ask to exchange it, they will. I exchanged mine when JCM extended!

jen_in_toronto
#338Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/12/15 at 7:52am

I have a ticket for the Feb. 21 10pm show too, plus I'm flying in...so I'm gutted. Looked at cancelling my flights but the charge is almost as much as my ticket. Going to try to exchange for when I'm back in NYC in April.

SDV Profile Photo
SDV
#339Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/12/15 at 8:18am

I've got a friend going tonight who hasn't seen it since Jane Street. I have no doubt JCM is giving it everything, but it sucks that my friend can't see the staging as its meant to be once he's back on his feet. Telecharge last night refused to exchange since JCM is technically in the show tonight.

Updated On: 2/12/15 at 08:18 AM

theatregoer3 Profile Photo
theatregoer3
#340Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/12/15 at 8:35am

Telecharge won't exchange tickets until they get official notice from the producers. They said to call at 10:30AM EST.

SDV Profile Photo
SDV
#341Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/12/15 at 8:49am

^ ^ ^ I know they'll exchange the MCH shows, but will they exchange a Kneecap Show (TM Trask) for another JCM show in the future when he's better?

Tking0012
#342Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/12/15 at 9:25am

Poor MCH no one wants to see him

theatregoer3
#343Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/12/15 at 10:17am

Yeah, I don't want to see MCH. No interest.

I knew I shouldn't have gotten so excited for this. It's become an ordeal and I doubt my seats will be as good as what I had. I've already spent too much time dealing with it and I still have to call Telecharge back.

What a disappointment and a waste of time and money.

Producers should have sent an email notice via Telecharge. Capitalism trumps once again.

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#344Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/12/15 at 10:34am

I mean, I'm disappointed too, but it happens. It's a physically demanding show, and I'm sure that JCM would rather take the time to properly heal than risk cancelling more performances. And it's not like MCH is some nobody- I exchanged my tickets, but if for some reason I'm sure I'd still enjoy his performance.

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

Wee Thomas2 Profile Photo
Wee Thomas2
#345Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/12/15 at 10:34am

Already seen MCH . . . and already seen JCM, but glad that my tix for this Saturday night (early edition) are JCM. Even in a chair this is gonna be great!

theatregoer3
#346Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/12/15 at 10:44am

Maybe I'm overreacting but does anyone else think it's crazy that we basically have to buy new seats? It will take a while for the refund of our original seats to hit our cards.

I think I'm just frustrated that we - the paying audience - have to do all of the work when something like this happens.

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#347Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/12/15 at 11:06am

I've seen all the Broadway Hedwigs, including JCM. I think it is so awesome that Michael is stepping back into the role that I'm going to buy a ticket to see him next week just to show my support and give him some love! C'mon, who's with me?

frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
#348Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/12/15 at 11:15am

I think I'm just frustrated that we - the paying audience - have to do all of the work when something like this happens.

How would you handle this then? They aren't processing automatic refunds because that may not be what every individual patron desires and they can't exchange for an alternate date without input. If you contact point of purchase, either Telecharge or the Box Office, they will process an exchange for you. Sending an email notice is not entirely effective as it would only reach people who bought their tickets through Telecharge and then it's still on the ticket buyer to contact Telecharge about what they want done. Telecharge and the producers of the show aren't clairvoyant. Also, there would still be a slew of box office purchases that would have to be addressed individually at the box office because they don't normally collect contact information from buyers anyway.

LuminousBeing Profile Photo
LuminousBeing
#349Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/12/15 at 12:13pm

Count me as one of the folks headed to NYC next weekend specifically to see JCM. (I've seen all the other Broadway Hedwigs, all of whom were fantastic in their own ways!) At least we have the movie! Of course I'm disappointed, but that's theater for you, whether you like it or not.

Videos