pixeltracker

HELLO, DONNA! - Murphy begins performances - Page 14

HELLO, DONNA! - Murphy begins performances

Phantom487
#325Donna Murphy in HELLO DOLLY!
Posted: 8/11/17 at 11:36am

Anyone else find it weird that they're not making an Donna Murphy windowcard? At $35 each, they could be selling quite a few on Donna's nights... I can't imagine many people are buying the Bette windowcards if they saw Donna......

Itonlytakesajourney Profile Photo
Itonlytakesajourney
#326Donna Murphy in HELLO DOLLY!
Posted: 8/11/17 at 11:49am

Phantom487 said: "Anyone else find it weird that they're not making an Donna Murphy windowcard? At $35 each, they could be selling quite a few on Donna's nights... I can't imagine many people are buying the Bette windowcards if they saw Donna......

The night I went, Donna was on and I really wanted to buy merch. I got the standard Holy Cabooses cap and the Bette windowcard, and it seemed odd they didn't have a Donna version. I hope they make one, it would sell well.

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#327Donna Murphy in HELLO DOLLY!
Posted: 8/11/17 at 12:13pm

Phantom487 said: "Anyone else find it weird that they're not making an Donna Murphy windowcard? At $35 each, they could be selling quite a few on Donna's nights... I can't imagine many people are buying the Bette windowcards if they saw Donna......

"

I bought all kinds of merchandise with Bettes name on it.  I have seen both and loved both.  Donna window cards won't really sell because in case you haven't seen ticket sales.. no one except for a small circle is buying tickets to see Donna.    But lets not do this again...  so stupid.

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#328Donna Murphy in HELLO DOLLY!
Posted: 8/13/17 at 6:34pm

I'm sure there are threads on this that I couldn't find, but I'm making a quick trip to the city on Tuesday and want to catch Murphy a second time. Are the $99 seats on TodayTix a better option than buying day-of tickets at the TKTS booth? 

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#329Donna Murphy in HELLO DOLLY!
Posted: 8/13/17 at 7:20pm

https://www.newsday.com/amp/entertainment/theater/li-s-dolly-donna-murphy-finds-plot-parallels-her-life-1.13953653

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Stage Door Sally Profile Photo
Stage Door Sally
#330Donna Murphy in HELLO DOLLY!
Posted: 8/13/17 at 7:43pm

All I can say about same day Box Office tickets is that they can be WOW seats. For the Donna matinee I went to, my Telecharge advance purchase (discounted) seats for Row L side Orch started four seats in (very good seats). The four next to me on the aisle, said they got their tickets that day at the box office. When I looked at Telecharge online the night before the show there were tons and tons of good orchestra seats open. I was concerned there would be an empty house. BUT it was full downstairs, so I figure many people got them same day at the box office or TKTS.

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#331Donna Murphy in HELLO DOLLY!
Posted: 8/13/17 at 9:01pm

ray-andallthatjazz86 said: "I'm sure there are threads on this that I couldn't find, but I'm making a quick trip to the city on Tuesday and want to catch Murphy a second time. Are the $99 seats on TodayTix a better option than buying day-of tickets at the TKTS booth? 

There's a good chance that you'll pay less for a better seat from TKTS, but, if you want to buy ahead of time, I would suggest using the discount on telechargeoffers.com. It's $99 mezzanine and $109 orchestra seats, but, unlike TodayTix and TKTS, you'll be able to choose your exact seats. 

Updated On: 8/13/17 at 09:01 PM

ren598
#332Donna Murphy in HELLO DOLLY!
Posted: 8/13/17 at 9:36pm

I used telechargeoffers.com for a rare Donna Murphy Sunday evening performance back In July and got first row center orchestra for $109.  The seats were amazing and I like the fact I could select the seats I wanted.

JustAnotherNewYorker
#333Donna Murphy in HELLO DOLLY!
Posted: 8/13/17 at 10:46pm

I know there's a TDF thread, but figure it's more likely to get answered here:

Anyone know where TDF seats have been for Hello Donna?

David10086 Profile Photo
David10086
#334Donna Murphy in HELLO DOLLY!
Posted: 8/14/17 at 9:08am

Can't wait! Just printed out my e-ticket for Sunday, September 10 in the front row mezzanine (aisle seat) which I paid $99 through Telecharge. So looking forward to this. And if I need to see it once again...I just may splurge on a Midler ticket before she goes. 

PianoMann Profile Photo
PianoMann
#335Donna Murphy in HELLO DOLLY!
Posted: 8/14/17 at 10:14am

JustAnotherNewYorker said: "I know there's a TDF thread, but figure it's more likely to get answered here:

"

The first time I saw Donna through TDF, I had second row front mezzanine seats. The second time, I had center balcony seats. I've noticed the last few times it's been on, the listing makes clear that seats will be in the balcony, rather than their usual disclaimer that they may be in the mezz or balcony. I hope this helps!

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#336Donna Murphy in HELLO DOLLY!
Posted: 8/15/17 at 10:36pm

Donna Murphy in HELLO DOLLY!Donna Murphy in HELLO DOLLY!Donna Murphy in HELLO DOLLY!Donna Murphy in HELLO DOLLY!

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#337Donna Murphy in HELLO DOLLY!
Posted: 8/15/17 at 10:58pm

Just returned from seeing Donna.....wow. loved her. The audience was absolutely giddy for her. A magical night.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Itonlytakesajourney Profile Photo
Itonlytakesajourney
#338Donna Murphy in HELLO DOLLY!
Posted: 8/15/17 at 11:00pm

dramamama611 said: "Just returned from seeing Donna.....wow. loved her. The audience was absolutely giddy for her. A magical night.

She's such a delight. Every joke she landed got a great response, the whole show was on fire when I saw it. It's a truly magical production, and Donna just makes it even better.

JustAnotherNewYorker
#339Donna Murphy in HELLO DOLLY!
Posted: 8/15/17 at 11:07pm

PianoMann said: "JustAnotherNewYorker said: "I know there's a TDF thread, but figure it's more likely to get answered here:

"

The first time I saw Donna through TDF, I had second row front mezzanine seats. The second time, I had center balcony seats. I've noticed the last few times it's been on, the listing makes clear that seats will be in the balcony, rather than their usual disclaimer that they may be in the mezz or balcony. I hope this helps!
"

Wish I had seen this sooner. We were in the balcony. We never buy those seats if my wife is with us--the steep rake gives her vertigo.

These are also $79 seats, so we're not getting much of a discount for not being able to pick our seats. The show was amazing, the seats pretty awful (we were just behind one of the balcony poles....)

PianoMann Profile Photo
PianoMann
#340Donna Murphy in HELLO DOLLY!
Posted: 8/15/17 at 11:08pm

PianoMann said: "JustAnotherNewYorker said: "I know there's a TDF thread, but figure it's more likely to get answered here:

"

"

I saw Dolly thru TDF again tonight and actually had Left Orchestra Row S, even though the listing said definitively that seating for tonight would be in the balcony. Of the three times I've seen the show thru TDF, I had 1 Orchestra, 1 front Mezzanine, and 1 Balcony. Definitely give it a go if you haven't!

LxGstv
#341Donna Murphy in HELLO DOLLY!
Posted: 8/15/17 at 11:18pm

dramamama611 said: "Just returned from seeing Donna.....wow. loved her. The audience was absolutely giddy for her. A magical night.

"

I was also at tonight's performance and it was indeed magical, it was adorable when her dress got caught in the bucket towards the end, she handled it beautifully!

veraclaythorne2 Profile Photo
veraclaythorne2
#342Donna Murphy in HELLO DOLLY!
Posted: 8/15/17 at 11:27pm

JustAnotherNewYorker said: "I know there's a TDF thread, but figure it's more likely to get answered here:

I was there through TDF tonight, and I had a Box seat, which I don't think has ever happened for me! Missed some things that happened stage right, but I'll live. 

"

JustAnotherNewYorker
#343Donna Murphy in HELLO DOLLY!
Posted: 8/15/17 at 11:38pm

veraclaythorne2 said: "JustAnotherNewYorker said: "I know there's a TDF thread, but figure it's more likely to get answered here:

I was there through TDF tonight, and I had a Box seat, which I don't think has ever happened for me! Missed some things that happened stage right, but I'll live. "

Hmm technically partial view seats from TDF. Never seen that either. Would have preferred that to our balcony. Really bad seats--heard a number of people talking about "I usually get good seats, but these..."

Blockhead24 Profile Photo
Blockhead24
#344Donna Murphy in HELLO DOLLY!
Posted: 8/16/17 at 10:42am

I was there last night too. Donna blew me away! What a stunning performance. 

EthelMae Profile Photo
EthelMae
#345Donna Murphy in HELLO DOLLY!
Posted: 8/16/17 at 10:44am

I love Bette but Donna Murphy's voice knocks those songs out of the park!

JustAnotherNewYorker
#346Donna Murphy in HELLO DOLLY!
Posted: 8/16/17 at 10:53am

LxGstv said: "dramamama611 said: "Just returned from seeing Donna.....wow. loved her. The audience was absolutely giddy for her. A magical night.

"

I was also at tonight's performance and it was indeed magical, it was adorable when her dress got caught in the bucket towards the end, she handled it beautifully!
"

"We're all human". It was wonderful.

I do have to also call out Beanie Feldstein. Love her Minnie Fay

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#347Donna Murphy in HELLO DOLLY!
Posted: 8/16/17 at 11:02am

Robbie2 said: "Donna Murphy in HELLO DOLLY!Donna Murphy in HELLO DOLLY!

"

So damn glad there's finally a Squiggs picture! I adore his art!

SaveSave

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#348Donna Murphy in HELLO DOLLY!
Posted: 8/16/17 at 3:00pm

I wish I knew so many of you were there last night. I'd have loved to gush over Donna Murphy with all of you.

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions on getting tickets. I had seen Murphy from the third row the first week of July, so I ended up waiting to get discount tickets at the box office even though I couldn't choose my own seats. I still got two orchestra seats, row P for $198 total and was happy to avoid the extra charges.

I don't know what was going on in the theatre last night (maybe all the BWW-ers who were there?) but the audience erupted in sustained applause as soon as Donna made her fabulous entrance, and that seemed to set the tone for the entire performance, with Murphy simply firing on all cylinders and the entire cast similarly responding to the energy coming from the audience. It was theatre at its best, with the audience and the performers feeding off of each other. When I saw the show back in July I thought it was perfection. But that had nothing to do with wha was going on last night. Murphy's performance has gotten even stronger. She brings her signature Fosca-esque intensity to Dolly, an intensity wrapped in a warm, loose, joyful, electrifying performance. She, of course, sells all the big moments, but with Murphy it's all about the small moments, I teared up at the joyful look in her eyes when she succeeds at getting Cornelius and Barnaby to dance with Irene and Minnie. And watching her bask in the audience's love from the second she walks on stage with that fabulous red dress through the standing ovation she got from some in the orchestra will always be one of my most treasured theatre memories. I also loved the moment her dress got stuck in the last scene, the audience went wild when she went, completely in character, "we're all human." I was concerned about seeing the show a second time because the first was so great--I'm glad I returned. Last night was just out of the world.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

Stage Door Sally Profile Photo
Stage Door Sally
#349Donna Murphy in HELLO DOLLY!
Posted: 8/16/17 at 3:08pm

OMG, all this Dolly love... it's contagious in the best possible way. I want to hug all of you! OK, so now I have to see Donna again....  I sense a Tuesday show coming up for me....

Videos