pixeltracker

HERE LIES LOVE - Broadway Previews- Page 14

HERE LIES LOVE - Broadway Previews

pethian Profile Photo
pethian
#325HERE LIES LOVE - Broadway Previews
Posted: 7/16/23 at 1:28pm

Wayman_Wong said: "Here's ''CBS Sunday Morning's'' story on ''Here Lies Love''

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/here-lies-love-a-dance-pop-musical-on-the-life-of-imelda-marcos/
"

It will be interesting to see if this produces a bump at the box office. A story on CBS Sunday usually does.

WldKingdomHM Profile Photo
WldKingdomHM
#326HERE LIES LOVE - Broadway Previews
Posted: 7/16/23 at 2:25pm

I learned nothing from that commercial. No presence. Something seems off 

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
#327HERE LIES LOVE - Broadway Previews
Posted: 7/16/23 at 2:26pm

BETTY22 said: "gibsons2 said: "jkcohen626 said: "The trailer's been posted!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yW2weVPToec

A little bit busy in my opinion. I was hoping we'd get some longer clips in there, especially after they teased us with those clips all week.
"

Is it just me or the vocals sound awful in this clip? If I hadn't already seen the show , I would've decided to skip it based on the sound of it....
"

I agree. I don't think this helped the show at all. And all other people standing around and dancing looked exhausting.

"

The "exhausting" comment I just don't understand at all. The whole pitch of this show is that there are multiple ways to experience it. Don't stand if you don't want to. Or are you saying that simply watching other people have fun makes you exhausted? Is that a thing that happens to people? 

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#328HERE LIES LOVE - Broadway Previews
Posted: 7/16/23 at 2:50pm

WldKingdomHM said: "I learned nothing from that commercial. No presence. Something seems off"

Yeah, there is little to no context. Also, they barely showed the seating available which most people want when attending a Broadway show. I think a small percentage of people are cool being herded and pushed around for 90 minutes. They need a better way to sell this honestly. 

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#329HERE LIES LOVE - Broadway Previews
Posted: 7/16/23 at 8:42pm

Just got out of the show. Narratively, it's not good, but it's a vibe. Had a couple of drinks beforehand, and I had a blast. View from rear mezzanine row H on the aisle was good: not able to see faces, but really wasn't an issue with the video screens.

suicidalmickeymouse Profile Photo
suicidalmickeymouse
#330HERE LIES LOVE - Broadway Previews
Posted: 7/16/23 at 8:51pm

I was there too. Rear mezz far right row A, which I totally loved. Lots of action played right in front of me and could almost always see faces. It was also an extremely full house. 

Stylistically, it’s incredible. That alone made it feel worth my time. I agree that narratively it left me wanting more and the pacing felt slow. The moments that worked, really worked. Vocals were great. 

It didn’t change my life, but I enjoyed myself and I’m glad I saw it. I’m not sure if I would try the floor if I returned. It looked so tight down there. 

Hunter: Your teeth need whitening./ Heidi: You sound weird./ Jeff: You taste funny.
-Jeff Bowen's worst onstage line flub.

Ensemble1686998462
#331HERE LIES LOVE - Broadway Previews
Posted: 7/16/23 at 8:58pm

I know the show is a tough sell, but why are they so afraid of telling people what it's actually about? They seem determined to show everything except the plot. That promo just makes it look like different people in a club in Asia. 

RUkiddingme
#332HERE LIES LOVE - Broadway Previews
Posted: 7/16/23 at 9:11pm

TaffyDavenport said: "Just got out of the show. Narratively, it's not good, but it's a vibe. Had a couple of drinks beforehand, and I had a blast. View from rear mezzanine row H on the aisle was good: not able to see faces, but really wasn't an issue with the video screens."

I never understand posts like this.  Negative and picky - but yet "I had a blast"

Why can't someone just say they had a blast and be happy with that?

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#333HERE LIES LOVE - Broadway Previews
Posted: 7/16/23 at 9:20pm

It’s now been two weeks since I saw this, and I can’t stop thinking about the brilliant juxtaposition of the hedonistic club atmosphere and the horrors of the Marcos regime. Reminded me of Cabaret or even SIX before the twist ending. 

Also, the trailer looks perfect. JMO

Oh look, a bibu!

Cape Twirl of Doom Profile Photo
Cape Twirl of Doom
#334HERE LIES LOVE - Broadway Previews
Posted: 7/16/23 at 9:23pm

I was also at the show tonight and really enjoyed it! I was on the dance floor and managed to stay up next to the platform the whole time. I didn’t find it too crowded, but perhaps if I was more in the back it may have been different. I thought it was really cool how often the actors interacted with the floor and walked through the crowd. It also wasn’t “90 mins of being herded around.” They don’t move you during the songs. 

"It's Phantom meets Hamlet... Phamlet!"

JasonC3
#335HERE LIES LOVE - Broadway Previews
Posted: 7/16/23 at 9:29pm

RUkiddingme said: "TaffyDavenport said: "Just got out of the show. Narratively, it's not good, but it's a vibe. Had a couple of drinks beforehand, and I had a blast. View from rear mezzanine row H on the aisle was good: not able to see faces, but really wasn't an issue with the video screens."

I never understand posts like this. Negative and picky - but yet "I had a blast"

"

I don't see anything in TaffyDavenport's post that is picky. I appreciate people who comment on any aspects of the show for which they have an opinion.  "Narratively, it's not good" is useful information for people for whom that matters.

bwaylyric Profile Photo
bwaylyric
#336HERE LIES LOVE - Broadway Previews
Posted: 7/16/23 at 9:44pm

Ensemble1686998462 said: "I know the show is a tough sell, but why are they so afraid of telling people what it's actually about? They seem determined to show everything except the plot. That promo just makes it look like different people in a club in Asia.
"

probably for the same reason why the trailers for Kimberly Akimbo and Parade don’t mention the plots either - not their best selling points.  Instead, they showcase the music, vocals, vibe, etc.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#337HERE LIES LOVE - Broadway Previews
Posted: 7/16/23 at 10:01pm

Because people can have different opinions that don't have to align with yours?

gibsons2
#338HERE LIES LOVE - Broadway Previews
Posted: 7/16/23 at 10:05pm

bwaylyric said: "Ensemble1686998462 said: "I know the show is a tough sell, but why are they so afraid of telling people what it's actually about? They seem determined to show everything except the plot. That promo just makes it look like different people in a club in Asia.
"

probably for the same reason why the trailers for Kimberly Akimbo and Parade don’t mention the plots either - not their best selling points. Instead, they showcase the music, vocals, vibe, etc.
"

What?? KA and Parade plots are literally their best selling point. Two musicals with the strongest, most solid books. HLL tries to sell itself as a musical with unique, innovative experience.  Which I think that clip kind of showcases, visually. I'm just surprised the sound and the vocals lack. I think the music and the score are HLL main selling points.

TaffyDavenport
#339HERE LIES LOVE - Broadway Previews
Posted: 7/16/23 at 11:13pm

RUkiddingme said: "TaffyDavenport said: "Just got out of the show. Narratively, it's not good, but it's a vibe. Had a couple of drinks beforehand, and I had a blast. View from rear mezzanine row H on the aisle was good: not able to see faces, but really wasn't an issue with the video screens."

I never understand posts like this. Negative and picky - but yet "I had a blast"

"

Sorry, but what the f*** is picky about saying the narrative structure is not its strong suit? Guess you don't understand what a "vibe" is either. Oh, well.

Oh, Arielle sounded amazing tonight, and the dance floor looks like a nightmare to stand in.

Updated On: 7/16/23 at 11:13 PM

RUkiddingme
#340HERE LIES LOVE - Broadway Previews
Posted: 7/16/23 at 11:58pm

TaffyDavenport said: "RUkiddingme said: "TaffyDavenport said: "Just got out of the show. Narratively, it's not good, but it's a vibe. Had a couple of drinks beforehand, and I had a blast. View from rear mezzanine row H on the aisle was good: not able to see faces, but really wasn't an issue with the video screens."

"

Sorry, but what the f*** is picky about saying the narrative structure is not its strong suit? Guess you don't understand what a "vibe" is either. Oh, well.

Oh, Arielle sounded amazing tonight, and the dance floor looks like a nightmare to stand in.
"

My point on this is why couldn't you lead with the positives?  "I had a blast!  Arielle sounded amazing tonight!" 

Instead you bury the accolades around negative phrases that couldn't have been all that bad if you had a blast.

JustAnotherNewYorker
#341HERE LIES LOVE - Broadway Previews
Posted: 7/17/23 at 12:18am

For this following the lottery, both standing and seated are open for Tuesday

TaffyDavenport
#342HERE LIES LOVE - Broadway Previews
Posted: 7/17/23 at 12:21am

RUkiddingme said: "TaffyDavenport said: "RUkiddingme said: "TaffyDavenport said: "Just got out of the show. Narratively, it's not good, but it's a vibe. Had a couple of drinks beforehand, and I had a blast. View from rear mezzanine row H on the aisle was good: not able to see faces, but really wasn't an issue with the video screens."

"

"

My point on this is why couldn't you lead with the positives? "I had a blast! Arielle sounded amazing tonight!"

Instead you bury the accolades around negative phrases that couldn't have been all that bad if you had a blast.
"

Bury the accolades? It was 4 sentences of commentary, total. Relax. Besides that, I called it a "vibe" (which is a good thing, btw) in literally the same sentence where criticized the narrative.

This is why I hate posting anything opinion-related on this board: someone always has something to say about it.

Updated On: 7/17/23 at 12:21 AM

bear88
#343HERE LIES LOVE - Broadway Previews
Posted: 7/17/23 at 12:41am

TaffyDavenport said: "RUkiddingme said: "TaffyDavenport said: "RUkiddingme said: "TaffyDavenport said: "Just got out of the show. Narratively, it's not good, but it's a vibe. Had a couple of drinks beforehand, and I had a blast. View from rear mezzanine row H on the aisle was good: not able to see faces, but really wasn't an issue with the video screens."

"

"

My point on this is why couldn't you lead with the positives? "I had a blast! Arielle sounded amazing tonight!"

"

Bury the accolades? It was 4 sentences of commentary, total. Relax. Besides that, I called it a "vibe" (which is a good thing, btw) in literally the same sentence where criticized the narrative.

This is why I hate posting anything opinion-related on this board: someone always has something to say about it.
"

In four sentences, you conveyed a fair amount of information about what you believe to be the show’s strengths and weaknesses, along with a data point about how the show looked from your seat.

Anyone who doesn’t like your quick thoughts can post a little review of their own.

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#344HERE LIES LOVE - Broadway Previews
Posted: 7/17/23 at 6:22am

"

I've seen plenty of terrible shows that I've still had a great time at. A show can be a fun time or good night out even if the show itself is not great - i.e. Once Upon A One More Time...

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

RUkiddingme
#345HERE LIES LOVE - Broadway Previews
Posted: 7/17/23 at 7:42am

TaffyDavenport said: "This is why I hate posting anything opinion-related on this board: someone always has something to say about it."

I thought that WAS the reason people posted things!  LOL

yyys
#346HERE LIES LOVE - Broadway Previews
Posted: 7/17/23 at 9:03am

"Ninoy was my first love, but he said I was too tall......"

This lyric made me laugh, it's very Filipino though.

Updated On: 7/17/23 at 09:03 AM

yyys
n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#348HERE LIES LOVE - Broadway Previews
Posted: 7/17/23 at 9:14am

I was actually at the stage door when this happened, though at the time nobody knew it happened. I even mentioned to my friend the HUGE amount of people going through the stage door without security even checking a guest list. 

There was a solid crowd waiting, and everyone was super respectful whenever someone came out. By the time Lea came out, the entire cast came and went. The second Lea came out, it was pure madness. People throwing themselves at her, screaming, etc. I would compare it to something like when Daniel Radcliffe was on Equus. She was clearly very upset and uncomfortable and did not stay out for long. Absolutely disgusting.

verywellthensigh
#349HERE LIES LOVE - Broadway Previews
Posted: 7/17/23 at 9:37am

Dear Fellow Americans,

Just because you made it through the trauma of Covid does not give you the right to go bugfkkk crazy at the expense of other people.

Thank you.

Videos