pixeltracker

HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17- Page 15

HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17

Zamedy154
#350HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 5/5/18 at 5:22am

What about Row K Orchestra Right? I'm three seats from the end. Hoping it is not too obstructed! Can't wait. I am SO excited that so many people from this thread who love Dolly as much as I do will be there so we can share in the final show together (DollyPop, Dottie, EthelMae).

I've been listening to the cast recording non-stop and still get chills at the start of the final chorus of Sunday Clothes and the beginning of the title song thinking about what will be her final appearance at the top of that staircase. 

Anyone else already thinking about when you'll give a standing O?

-Her first appearance during Call On Dolly

-End of Sunday Clothes

-End of Waiters Gallup

-End of title song

willep
#352HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 5/5/18 at 4:02pm

Zamedy154 said: "Anyone else already thinking about when you'll give a standing O?

-Her first appearance during Call On Dolly

-End of Sunday Clothes

-End of Waiters Gallup

-End of title song
"

And this is why standing ovations no longer mean anything.

EthelMae Profile Photo
EthelMae
#353HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 5/6/18 at 1:25am

Hope this is an OK place to put this- it’s about a Bette clip so I think so. Just came upon a clip on YouTube from a Bette performance of the entire Call On Dolly/I Put My Hand In number. Not sure when in the run it was taken.
In the middle of I Put My Hand In number a drop falls that looks like we’re in a train station to Yonkers and two lamplights come up from the stage floor. I’ve seen the show several times and unless old age is really taking over, I don’t remember those lamps coming up from the floor. In fact, when they appeared, I was quite surprised. Does anyone remember them? I thought maybe they were cut out of the number by the time I first saw it. Thx!

Papi2013
#354HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 5/6/18 at 2:11am

EthelMae said: "Hope this is an OK place to put this- it’s about a Bette clip so I think so. Just came upon a clip on YouTube from a Bette performance of the entire Call On Dolly/I Put My Hand In number. Not sure when in the run it was taken.
In the middle of I Put My Hand In number a drop falls that looks like we’re in a train station to Yonkers and two lamplights come up from the stage floor. I’ve seen the show several times and unless old age is really taking over, I don’t remember those lamps coming up from the floor. In fact, when they appeared, I was quite surprised. Does anyone remember them? I thought maybe they were cut out of the number by the time I first saw it. Thx!
"

I think the lamplihghts are still there.

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#355HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 5/6/18 at 8:37am

EthelMae said: "Hope this is an OK place to put this- it’s about a Bette clip so I think so. Just came upon a clip on YouTube from a Bette performance of the entire Call On Dolly/I Put My Hand In number. Not sure when in the run it was taken.
"

The lamplights coming out of the deck were cut during previews. There were also some railings that came up with the lamplights, but they were cut as well. Not sure why.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

EthelMae Profile Photo
EthelMae
Papi2013
#357HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 5/6/18 at 12:27pm

Hmm.  If you watch the Donna Boot the lamps are there.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#358HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 5/6/18 at 2:26pm

Three pairs of far-right side orchestra seats (6 seats total) just popped up for the final performance. Grab 'em while they're there!

EthelMae Profile Photo
EthelMae
#359HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 5/6/18 at 3:13pm

Yes, Broadway Concierge! Thx. I just check 1 single for the last Aug 25th, 8pm performance, and found 1 nice Front Mezz and 1 side Orchestra loc. So, it’s possible!

dmwnc1959 Profile Photo
dmwnc1959
#360HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 5/6/18 at 4:32pm

I was online around 5:30am and there where no seats for the last show, so yes, it looks like seats are pooping in and out of availability.

And I was surprised at the staggering number of seats still available for the 8/18 2pm matinee. Telecharge showed all seats available on a really cool 3D interactive map, and it looked like 3/4 of the balcony and as many of the mezzanine were still available, with a good number of side seats in the orchestra section. I thought for sure this show would have sold out in its entirety for all shows fairly quickly.

Updated On: 5/6/18 at 04:32 PM

EthelMae Profile Photo
EthelMae
#361HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 5/6/18 at 8:03pm

That sounds like the first go round 1959. I would keep hearing about the show being sold out and crazy Premium prices only and then a poster here would outline regular price seats available or I would check Telecharge and see regular price seats available. So I guess it’s best to keep checking!

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#362HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 5/6/18 at 8:16pm

EthelMae said: "That sounds like the first go round 1959. I would keep hearing about the show being sold out and crazy Premium prices only and then a poster here would outline regular price seats available or I would check Telecharge and see regular price seats available. So I guess it’s best to keep checking! "

Wow, who knew that the BWW message boards and Telecharge were around in 1959? The things you learn on here...

GiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
#363HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 5/7/18 at 11:23am

Miles2Go2 said: "Wow, who knew that the BWW message boards and Telecharge were around in 1959? The things you learn on here..."

They were referring to the user who commented above them, dmwnc1959. 

I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#364HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 5/7/18 at 11:38am

GiantsInTheSky2 said: "Miles2Go2 said: "Wow, who knew that the BWW message boards and Telecharge were around in 1959? The things you learn on here..."

They were referring to the user who commented above them, dmwnc1959.
"

Okay. That makes sense now. I was genuinely confused. Lol

dmwnc1959 Profile Photo
dmwnc1959
#365HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 5/7/18 at 6:44pm

I know it’s only been a week or so since these tickets went on sale. I noticed that mine haven’t even been printed yet after buying them on 4/28. Has anyone received theirs yet? Is this typical when a large number of tickets are purchased on the same day from Telecharge?

In comparison, I got my tickets for the National Tour of “Hamilton” in Cleveland after 48 shows sold out within four hours, the tickets showing up at my doorstep seven calendar days later. 

CPannullo
#366HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 5/7/18 at 6:53pm

dmwnc1959 said: "I know it’s only been a week or so since these tickets went on sale.I noticed that minehaven’t even been printed yet after buying them on 4/28. Has anyone received theirs yet? Is this typical when a large number of tickets are purchased on the same day from Telecharge?

In comparison, I got my tickets for the National Tour of “Hamilton” in Cleveland after 48 shows sold out within four hours, the tickets showing upat my doorstep seven calendar days later.
"

I haven’t received my tickets yet after buying them in 4/28 too. I don’t know if it’s typical or not. 

Also, I bought tickets for the bands visit the day before and they came in the mail on this past Friday  

Updated On: 5/7/18 at 06:53 PM

dmwnc1959 Profile Photo
dmwnc1959
#367HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 5/7/18 at 7:00pm

CPannullo said: "haven’t received my tickets yet after buying them in 4/28 too. I don’t know if it’s typical or not.

Also, I bought tickets for the bands visit the day before and they came in the mail on this past Friday"

That’s sort of what prompted me to check: I had ordered my tickets from another site for “My Fair Lady” on May 1st and they came in the mail today. 

Updated On: 5/7/18 at 07:00 PM

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#368HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 5/8/18 at 11:32am

Just watched and saw the lamplights/railings coming up from the stage deck. How interesting that they'd cut that. Are the tracks still there in the floor? I sat up in the balcony the first time and never noticed them. Seems like a weird thing to cut unless they thought it took away from the "old school" vibe of the production? 

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#369HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 5/8/18 at 11:34am

I remember seeing lamplights come up form the deck when I saw the show in june

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#370HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 5/8/18 at 11:37am

Call_me_jorge said: "I remember seeing lamplights come up form the deck when I saw the show in june"

I’ve had the lamps as well.

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

lesmizsaigon Profile Photo
lesmizsaigon
#371HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 5/9/18 at 5:37pm

Any reports on Gavin's return last night?

SmokeyLady Profile Photo
SmokeyLady
#372HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 5/9/18 at 7:14pm

I saw it again this afternoon.  Gavin remains wonderful.  Some new faces in the ensemble. The show is still beautiful.   House was half empty.  I think they moved the balcony audience to the mezzanine.  Quiet audience.  Wednesday matinees. I never learn.

msmp Profile Photo
msmp
#373HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 5/9/18 at 7:28pm

dmwnc1959 said: "I know it’s only been a week or so since these tickets went on sale.I noticed that minehaven’t even been printed yet after buying them on 4/28. Has anyone received theirs yet? Is this typical when a large number of tickets are purchased on the same day from Telecharge?

In comparison, I got my tickets for the National Tour of “Hamilton” in Cleveland after 48 shows sold out within four hours, the tickets showing upat my doorstep seven calendar days later.
"

My tickets were emailed to me on May 5th, exactly a week after I ordered them on the 28th. But it took far longer for me to get my tickets for Donna Murphy last fall/winter, so I don't know if this is a universal experience. If it helps, my tickets are for Friday, August 10th; maybe they email them by date of show?

Dollypop
#374HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 5/9/18 at 7:38pm

I ordered a whole bunch of tickets for August and they still haven't arrived

Patience is a virtue...

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

Videos