pixeltracker

Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread- Page 16

Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#375Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/14/15 at 12:43pm

Presumably the decision to be out a week was made with his doctors, so I'd imagine that they're confident he'll be in good shape. Otherwise, it would be pretty foolish of the producers to announce that he's only missing a week if that's not what they're actually expecting.

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

SDV Profile Photo
SDV
#376Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/14/15 at 1:02pm

He doesn't go into the car or on the car. Yitzhak changes him on stage in full view.

dtzumbrunnen Profile Photo
dtzumbrunnen
#377Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/14/15 at 2:50pm

Saw the 10pm show last night, and it was incredible what JCM was able to pull off with his leg fully braced. Some of the staging changes were actually nice and made the whole show feel more intimate: instead of flying in, two stage hands carry Hedwig in and place her on stage. Instead of popping the hood and placing her head there to imitate the oven, she leans her head on a large flat platform that looked like a big music tilted horizontally. Her glittery crutch was also a very appropriate addition! Despite all the changes, the production was higher energy than ever, and I completely echo everyone else's reports that this is the real Hedwig on that stage.

Hopefully all that JCM is doing this week doesn't exacerbate his injury and he makes a speedy recovery.

The show ran from 10 until about 11:50 - a bit longer than usual - a combination of revised staging and even more so, his hilarious ad libs. He made a great little Carole King Grammy dig, and it sounds like there's even more mystery around his attacker and the location (it was the 6th Avenue Dress Barn tonight...a few blocks from the Belasco).

A1st
#378Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/14/15 at 3:34pm

Any updates on the end of the show? Very interested how they did exquisite corpse and if they have the platform rise for wicked little town (reprise).

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#379Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/14/15 at 3:39pm

I thought it was kind of amazing. John gave everything he had. Amazingly, the injury actually elevated the text and lyrics at times. "Barely standing before you," and "hoppin' 'round on one foot" were especially poignant last night. I encourage everyone to try and catch the kneecap show tonight, it's a special little piece of Hedwig.

SDV Profile Photo
SDV
#380Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/14/15 at 3:41pm

He just stands at the mic for Exquisite Corpse. That's the number that suffers the most from his injury IMO. Its not the same level of breakdown without all the flailing and pushing the car up with his body, although he does his best to convey it in other ways. Platform still rises for WLTR.

And there's a rumor going around now that Trask will be onstage in some capacity tonight. Updated On: 2/14/15 at 03:41 PM

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#381Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/14/15 at 3:45pm

He did try to make it as effective as possible, given the circumstances. Lots of pained screams. I was pleased to see the platform still go up.

He constantly demands Yitzhak to place a crate under his foot. Screaming things like, "CRATE!" and "heel in the hole" when he needed an adjustment. My favorite is when he said we're seeing the show "in the original cast" while gesturing to his leg brace.

SDV Profile Photo
SDV
#382Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/14/15 at 3:49pm

The whole crate thing is amazing. JCM is just really ****ing hilarious.

VotePeron Profile Photo
VotePeron
#383Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/14/15 at 4:32pm

If JCM is indeed getting knee surgery, methinks MCH is going to be doing more than 7 encore performances of Hedwig.

Glittergrrl Profile Photo
Glittergrrl
#384Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/14/15 at 8:39pm

Did anyone go tonight? I want to know everything! Please.

I would have loved to be there tonight, but I live in CT and the weather is terrible, so I'm stuck here.

My boyfriend is sporty (but he also loves Hedwig). I asked him about knee injuries and got more information than I ever needed to know. He said if he saw an X-ray, he'd be able to read it. Too much Sports Center, I guess. I really don't see how JCM could be back in a week. There's no way. Torn ligaments take months to heal. I'm not saying that's what he has, but even minor knee surgery would require some down time. I'm dubious.

Updated On: 2/14/15 at 08:39 PM

MX888 Profile Photo
MX888
#385Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/15/15 at 12:15am

Just came out of the 10 pm show and JCM was phenomenal as always. I think he started experiencing some pain during Origin Of Love. He really was a consummate performer and he plowed through the rest of the show. I just hope doing these shows after his injury hasn't exacerbated the issue and that he makes a complete recovery. He's just so awesome - and as others have said, he IS Hedwig. Watching him is nothing short of amazing.

Updated On: 2/15/15 at 12:15 AM

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#386Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/15/15 at 9:21am

Thanks for the report! Did you notice if Stephen Trask was on stage, as was rumored? I would love to see him!

MX888 Profile Photo
MX888
#387Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/15/15 at 9:46am

"Thanks for the report! Did you notice if Stephen Trask was on stage, as was rumored? I would love to see him!"

-- I was hoping for something from Stephen... perhaps a speech or the like but nothing. Saw him exiting from stage door tho. Maybe they thought it best not to prolong the show because of the injury (especially if he was in pain)?

Glittergrrl Profile Photo
Glittergrrl
#388Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/15/15 at 6:00pm

Thanks for letting us know about last night. I guess we'll see what happens next week. ??

VotePeron Profile Photo
VotePeron
#389Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/15/15 at 6:05pm

If someone passes the Belasco today/Monday, let us know if they change the marquee! I'm really curious if they do that, along with understudy slips/lobby board/etc.

I wonder if they'll be doing a special discount for tickets to MCH? I only want the best for the show, but I'm really afraid people are going to be avoiding the Belasco like the plague next week.

Ravzie
#390Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/16/15 at 12:26pm

I fear the weather is going to keep people away more than anything else. I would drive up to see Michael again, but no way can I risk it in these kinds of conditions.

nyctechie08
#391Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/16/15 at 1:01pm

Whew!! Made it just in time! I was at the 7pm show on 2/14. I was out of town and didn't know about JCM's injury before the performance and was surprised when he came out on stage. However, I got over it very fast. Actually, this performance was much more endearing and intimate! It made Hedwig even more vulnerable and made me like JCM even more...The audience was very supportive. I really like Lena's and JCM's chemistry. You can tell they are very fond of each other. The only place I missed the extra movement was Exquisite Corpse, but the emotion and singing was on point. I would like to see it again after JCM recovers. I want tickets for mid- April, but will wait to make sure JCM is recovered first.

Updated On: 2/16/15 at 01:01 PM

Wee Thomas2 Profile Photo
Wee Thomas2
#392Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/17/15 at 9:02am

We were also at the 7PM on Saturday, having bought tix as soon as they announced JCM's return. We were in NYC 3 weekends ago unexpectedly and saw his first Saturday night 10PM show so already knew how wonderful he was, and we were surprised/impressed with how well he pulled this off with such an impairment.

So many script changes from 3 weeks ago, and really liked the suggestion that it was MCH who kneecapped Hedwig at the Dress Barn. We were a little concerned about so many "where was I" in the narratives, I wonder if JCM is on some painkillers and truly was having trouble following the script (such as it is).

ILuv2shop531
#393Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/17/15 at 9:17am

Just walked by the Belasco this morning on the way to work and the JCM marquee is still up. So unless they plan on changing it mid day today, seems like MCH (damn all these abbreviations haha) will be an insert in the Playbill.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#394Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/17/15 at 10:15am

Those "Where was I?" moments were part of JCM's script before he was injured.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Wee Thomas2 Profile Photo
Wee Thomas2
#395Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/17/15 at 11:08am

I know there were "Where were I"s already in the script, but not as many as there were on Saturday. And they were mostly in the newer lines of the show.

I also didn't see anything in the lobby nor near the ticket windows mentioning MCH's return for the next batch of shows.

SDV Profile Photo
SDV
#396Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/17/15 at 11:38am

I know what you mean, Thomas. Having seen him both pre and post knee injury, I agree there are more of them now, although he does always come right back into the story after his many (hilarious) digressions. I was more concerned last week when he sang the Wig in a Box verses out of order and eventually had to repeat one to make the choreography make sense. I'm sure it could have been an honest mistake, but the painkillers thing did cross my mind too. Poor guy definitely deserves them.

Updated On: 2/17/15 at 11:38 AM

darreyl102 Profile Photo
darreyl102
#397Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/17/15 at 8:51pm

I know that JCM is scheduled to return next Tuesday, but i assume and hope if he actually does that he continues the toned down version he has been doing till he fully heals.

Darreyl with an L!

FindingNamo
#398Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/17/15 at 9:05pm

Perhaps light a votive and one of your friends will buy you another ticket to a show and you can wait outside the stage door and tell him he's amazing.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Diva_Dom Profile Photo
Diva_Dom
#399Official JCM as Hedwig (2015 Edition) Thread
Posted: 2/18/15 at 1:09pm

Does MCH use any of the new lines/staging that JCM added or does he play the role the way he did before?

Videos