#400Betsy Wolfe departs Carousel
Posted: 6/24/18 at 3:06pm

she was fired.

EllieRose2 Profile Photo
EllieRose2
#401Betsy Wolfe departs Carousel
Posted: 6/24/18 at 3:15pm

"She would have won the Tony."

You have absolutely no clue that she would have won anything.  Betsy would have played her differently and you have no clue if that would have attracted a nomination.  Who cares about this at this point?  Carousel is back on Broadway, got horrible reviews, and making good money.  What else is there to say anymore?

BroadwayRox3588 Profile Photo
BroadwayRox3588
#402Betsy Wolfe departs Carousel
Posted: 6/24/18 at 3:37pm

JennH said: "I've been hearing from a couple of seemingly reliablesources that it was none of the of the above, and that the reason for Carousel was also part of/ a similar reason for Frozen...make of that what you will. I also like to give the reminder that show PRwill always spin positive or use some external reason. No show will want negative press, so they're certainly not going to give it."

My cup just came out of the dishwasher, and is ready for some piping hot tea.

EllieRose2 Profile Photo
EllieRose2
#403Betsy Wolfe departs Carousel
Posted: 6/24/18 at 3:43pm

Betsy Wolfe departs Carousel

teatime2
#404Betsy Wolfe departs Carousel
Posted: 6/24/18 at 3:57pm

JennH said: "I've been hearing from a couple of seemingly reliable sources that it was none of the of the above, and that the reason for Carousel was also part of/ a similar reason for Frozen...make of that what you will. I also like to give the reminder that show PRwill always spin positive or use some external reason. No show will want negative press, so they're certainly not going to give it."

This thread is whole lotta bull, but this is the funniest one. 

BroadwayRox3588
#405Betsy Wolfe departs Carousel
Posted: 6/24/18 at 4:29pm

Has she had the baby yet? laugh

GeorgeandDot Profile Photo
GeorgeandDot
#406Betsy Wolfe departs Carousel
Posted: 6/24/18 at 4:45pm

Triplets.

broadwayboy223
#407Betsy Wolfe departs Carousel
Posted: 6/24/18 at 4:59pm

I dont get why people say stuff like "I KNOW what really happened, but I cant say anything" Like cut the bull crap and you have tea spill it and if you dont, you dont. It's that simple. 

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#408Betsy Wolfe departs Carousel
Posted: 6/24/18 at 5:10pm

i feel like she would have won the tony, she seems perfect for the role

i’m just annoyed at whoever is her manager / agent. her losing both Carousel and Frozen in one season seems like a big detriment to her career

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

The Distinctive Baritone Profile Photo
The Distinctive Baritone
#409Betsy Wolfe departs Carousel
Posted: 6/24/18 at 5:27pm

Most rumors tend to relate back to some sort of contractual issue. It was announced before the contract was signed, and the most believable version I heard was that she asked for too much money and Rudin rescinded the offer. That sounds like the most likely scenario.

And no, I don’t think she willingly left an iconic principal role in a Broadway show in order to do a regional production of H2$.

That’s showbiz...

BroadwayRox3588
#410Betsy Wolfe departs Carousel
Posted: 6/24/18 at 5:42pm

broadwayboy223 said: "I dont get why people say stuff like "I KNOW what really happened, but I cant say anything" Like cut the bull crap and you have tea spill it and if you dont, you dont. It's that simple."

It's an easy way for them to say "Hey! I know people! Look at meeeeeee!"

BroadwayRox3588
#411Betsy Wolfe departs Carousel
Posted: 6/24/18 at 5:46pm

On a different note, I think it is utterly hilarious that this thread was dragged up from the dead.

Emmaloucbway
#412Betsy Wolfe departs Carousel
Posted: 6/24/18 at 5:55pm

BroadwayRox3588 said: "On a different note, I think it is utterly hilarious that this thread was dragged up from the dead."

Lol, me too! Maybe it’s time for Jesse Tyler Ferguson to do another dramatic reading? ??

robskynyc
#413Betsy Wolfe departs Carousel
Posted: 6/24/18 at 11:11pm

BroadwayRox3588 said: "Has she had the baby yet?laugh"

Dear Baby...

robskynyc
#414Betsy Wolfe departs Carousel
Posted: 6/24/18 at 11:12pm

gypsy101 said: "i feel like she would have won the tony, she seems perfect for the role

i’m just annoyed at whoever is her manager / agent. her losing both Carousel and Frozen in one season seems like a big detriment to her career
"

she didnt lose frozen because of her agent/manager. it was when alex timbers got fired the new director fired her too.

WestEndGal
#415Betsy Wolfe departs Carousel
Posted: 6/25/18 at 5:37pm

I’m not sure I ever thought Carousel was a great fit for Betsy but a part of her must definitely be wondering what if! From what I’ve read, a lot of people seem to be suggesting it was a money issue and they weren’t offering her enough but who knows. I didn’t really buy that there was a conflict issue, because you wouldn’t give up a big broadway run on a top revival for a few standalone concerts. 

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#416Betsy Wolfe departs Carousel
Posted: 6/27/18 at 9:25am

I agree with you especially since it's the role Audra won her first Tony back in the 90s and it's the only acting Tony the show won this season. I also think Betsy would have been nominated had she been in the role though I can see how she and the producers may have disagreed with $$$ given how the show already has 3 names above the title (Joshua, Jessie, and Renee). 

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#417Betsy Wolfe departs Carousel
Posted: 6/27/18 at 9:54am

ColorTheHours048 said: "It seems pretty clear she backed out to stay in Waitress and perform with Jason Mraz, which is basically the chance to perform to a sold out audience every night. His run coincided with a huge development lab for Carousel, which likely ended up with a mutual decision made on her behalf on on behalf of the producers. I doubt there were “creative differences” but you never know."

This was the reason.

Mraz needed more rehearsal, and that rehearsal conflicted with Carousel's development, which was a dealbreaker.

That's the tea. That has always been the tea. That will always be the tea.

In situations like this, the truth is usually not particularly dramatic.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."
Updated On: 6/27/18 at 09:54 AM

Videos