CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#425SUNSET BOULEVARD in Performances
Posted: 2/10/17 at 2:37am

Does that chandelier get a laugh?

djoko84
#426SUNSET BOULEVARD in Performances
Posted: 2/10/17 at 7:31am

Has anyone tried rush for the show? How has it been and where are the seats?

TheQuibbler Profile Photo
TheQuibbler
#427SUNSET BOULEVARD in Performances
Posted: 2/10/17 at 11:18am

To those wondering about a rush update:

I arrived at about 9am and there were 6 people in front of me. By 10am, there were about 20 or so people in line. It looks like they're "tiering" the rush ticket prices: $99 for orchestra, $55 for mezzanine and $42 for balcony. Most people were opting for the $42. Curious to know whether or not this is now the permanent policy. 

chernjam Profile Photo
chernjam
#428SUNSET BOULEVARD in Performances
Posted: 2/10/17 at 11:32am

CATSNYrevival said: "Does that chandelier get a laugh?"

It didn't on Saturday at the matinee... nor did the body rising from the orchestra or the car chase scene which be some descriptions I was prepared for... In fact, having seen the original production, I found it a creative/theatrical way of conveying those scenes

chernjam Profile Photo
chernjam
djoko84
#430SUNSET BOULEVARD in Performances
Posted: 2/10/17 at 5:16pm

TheQuibbler said: "To those wondering about a rush update:

I arrived at about 9am and there were 6 people in front of me. By 10am, there were about 20 or so people in line. It looks like they're "tiering" the rush ticket prices: $99 for orchestra, $55 for mezzanine and $42 for balcony. Most people were opting for the $42. Curious to know whether or not this is now the permanent policy. 

"

Thanks so much for this. It's interesting how they're doing their rush. I'll have to stop by the box office and see what they're offering for a given day.

atczwriter
#431SUNSET BOULEVARD in Performances
Posted: 2/10/17 at 5:27pm

Does anyone else wish Carrie Fisher had a shot at this once upon a time?

chernjam Profile Photo
chernjam
jpbran Profile Photo
jpbran
#433SUNSET BOULEVARD in Performances
Posted: 2/10/17 at 6:25pm

Sunset Boulevard, Cats and School of Rock... which am I missing? frown

EDIT: Duh... Phantom. 

Updated On: 2/10/17 at 06:25 PM

jpbran Profile Photo
jpbran
#434SUNSET BOULEVARD in Performances
Posted: 2/10/17 at 6:25pm

Double post

Updated On: 2/10/17 at 06:25 PM

Littleshopofcarrie Profile Photo
Littleshopofcarrie
#435SUNSET BOULEVARD in Performances
Posted: 2/10/17 at 6:26pm

jpbran said: "Sunset Boulevard, Cats and School of Rock... which am I missing? frown

Phantom. 

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#436SUNSET BOULEVARD in Performances
Posted: 2/10/17 at 6:34pm

atczwriter said: "Does anyone else wish Carrie Fisher had a shot at this once upon a time?

"

That's actually brilliant. 

#1Elphie Profile Photo
#1Elphie
#437SUNSET BOULEVARD in Performances
Posted: 2/10/17 at 6:51pm

TheQuibbler said: "To those wondering about a rush update:

"

Interesting. Was that today? I rushed yesterday (opening night) and got mezz seats for $42 (I wasn't given an option of where to sit, that's just what they gave me). Maybe they changed the policy after opening.

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#438SUNSET BOULEVARD in Performances
Posted: 2/11/17 at 8:57pm

Best show on Broadway right now...

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

chernjam Profile Photo
chernjam
#439SUNSET BOULEVARD in Performances
Posted: 2/11/17 at 9:57pm

Has anyone heard about a new recording of Sunset?  Last year they had said it was being recorded (wasn't sure if just an audio or dvd as well) and a few weeks ago, Siobhan posted a picture of a recording studio saying something like "Mums the word".  Just curious if anyone has seen or heard anything

sparepart973
#440SUNSET BOULEVARD in Performances
Posted: 2/12/17 at 5:36am

I believe it was recorded last year at the ENO. 

chernjam Profile Photo
chernjam
#441SUNSET BOULEVARD in Performances
Posted: 2/12/17 at 6:00pm

CATSNYrevival said: "Does that chandelier get a laugh?"

CATSNY - at last Saturday's matinee it didn't  I liked the different things that were done to subtly convey the different scenes (neon lights for Schwabbs; change of background for Paramount; chandelier and lighting for Norma's mansion)  Reports of laughing at these different things seem to be coming from people who are going in hating on ALW and Sunset from the get go... - Which I've never understood - if you think this is "weak" and your dismissive of ALW's music, why give up 2 and a half hours of your life?  I never had an ounce of interest in Hello Dolly and the hype for Bette Middler certainly hasn't peaked my interest in the least.  I'm happy for people who can't wait for it and all... but would never go to it, because I hate the show...  Anyway...

Willie4316
#442SUNSET BOULEVARD in Performances
Posted: 2/12/17 at 6:44pm

For those who have done the rush ad bought the $55 mezzanine seats, any reports on where those seats have been located? Might rush it this week

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#443SUNSET BOULEVARD in Performances
Posted: 2/12/17 at 7:25pm

It's really irritating when people call this a staged concert or bitch about the set. Did they see The Color Purple or various other shows and say the same thing? No. It's executed very well. 

Also, anyone know if they will be producing a souvenir program?

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

rayoflight104 Profile Photo
rayoflight104
#444SUNSET BOULEVARD in Performances
Posted: 2/12/17 at 7:27pm

I did rush on Saturday 2/11.

Walked to box office about 12:30 pm.

Was given 2 tickets in row G of the balcony Seats 22 and 24 for the evening performance. just given these seats. didn't get to ask if there were alternates.

I asked the lady if rush for this show was 'orchestra seats' - like i've seen for other rush shows - but didn't get a solid answer - only rushing me through to make my purchase. (didn't like that, but its the box office, right in times sq, i get it)

the seats - they're up there in row G of balcony. (whoa!) if you have vertigo - don't recommend it.  took my binoculars and could see just fine through them.

show is amazing. i just knew the movie. i want to go back and pay for orchestra seats to get a better view. cast is amazing. and the music - so lovely.

atczwriter
#445SUNSET BOULEVARD in Performances
Posted: 2/12/17 at 7:51pm

Program due by end of month.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#446SUNSET BOULEVARD in Performances
Posted: 2/12/17 at 7:54pm

I went 30 minutes before showtime attempting to use the discount code, and I got orchestra H2 for $99, "JRush" was listed on the ticket. Not sure if it's really a rush seat, but it was quite good for the price. 

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#447SUNSET BOULEVARD in Performances
Posted: 2/12/17 at 11:31pm

rayoflight104 said: "I did rush on Saturday 2/11.

Walked to box office about 12:30 pm.

Was given 2 tickets in row G of the balcony Seats 22 and 24 for the evening performance. just given these seats. didn't get to ask if there were alternates.

I asked the lady if rush for this show was 'orchestra seats' - like i've seen for other rush shows - but didn't get a solid answer - only rushing me through to make my purchase. (didn't like that, but its the box office, right in times sq, i get it)

the seats - they're up there in row G of balcony. (whoa!) if you have vertigo - don't recommend it.  took my binoculars and could see just fine through them.

show is amazing. i just knew the movie. i want to go back and pay for orchestra seats to get a better view. cast is amazing. and the music - so lovely.

"

I certainly recommend you to, seeing the show in the ORCH was much better than seeing it from the back MEZZ.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

A Director
#448SUNSET BOULEVARD in Performances
Posted: 2/13/17 at 12:08am

muscle23ftl said: "Best show on Broadway right now...

Nope!  From a music and lyrics stand point, the two best shows on Broadway right now are Sunday in the Park with George and Hamilton.  Sunset Boulevard isn't even a close third.

"

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#449SUNSET BOULEVARD in Performances
Posted: 2/13/17 at 12:28am

CATSNYrevival said: "Does that chandelier get a laugh?

"

It was a repressed snicker from me and some old queens in the mezz. The production's bare design works okay for me generally, but that chandelier piece is breathtakingly tacky. 

Updated On: 2/13/17 at 12:28 AM

Videos