pixeltracker

Who have you gotten stuff back from?- Page 183

Who have you gotten stuff back from?

@z5
#4550Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/10/17 at 3:28pm

Just got 2 signed Sara Bareilles playbills in the mail yesterday :)

mufish
#4551Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/10/17 at 4:57pm

EM55 said: "Anyone know the rule of thumb on sending something to a particular actor from one of their previous shows to sign? Is that a no go usually, would you send a donation as a courtesy?"

I used to send letters more frequently, particularly to actors I was a fan of from TV and would often include a picture I'd printed on photo paper, and ask them to sign the photo and request a Playbill if it wasn't any trouble.  Never had any issues and never sent any donations, so I think as long as you're reasonable you're fine.  I'd always mention their current project in the letter and either remark on it if I'd seen it, or my desire to do so.

Once or twice I ended up getting a cast-signed Playbill back with the photo, otherwise almost everyone would just send back a Playbill they alone signed.  I even had a couple sign the photo and send an additional, more professional looking signed photo (Martin Sheen c/o his home, and Linus Roache c/o either an off-Broadway theater or a theater in CT - it was years ago).  Just a few random no responses, and one long-shot got me a facsimile signed photo (Denzel).

A.Douglas Profile Photo
A.Douglas
#4552Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/10/17 at 9:50pm

"@z5 said: "Just got 2 signed Sara Bareilles playbills in the mail yesterday :)"

Who'd you address it to? How long did it take? Thanks! :)

- Alek

@z5
#4553Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/11/17 at 12:45am

I believe it took about a month (give or take).

Addressed it to her specifically at the Brooke Atkinson Theatre and whatever the corresponding address is. 

Keep in mind that she is leaving this weekend, though.

jennab113 Profile Photo
jennab113
#4554Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/11/17 at 12:47am

I got a cast signed Playbill from Come From Away today. No donation and it only took a week. I mailed last Saturday and got it in this Saturday's mail. I also sent to Dear Evan Hansen with a donation. I know the envelope was received the same day as CFA, so hopefully I'll receive that one soon. 

Edited to say I got DEH back today!!!

Updated On: 6/12/17 at 12:47 AM

Hamilfan2
#4555Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/13/17 at 1:43pm

I heard that Bette is responding, but that she is having a secretary do the signatures (for the full cast signed Playbills as well).  Can anyone confirm or deny?

Evans2
#4556Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/13/17 at 1:53pm

Heard back from Six Degrees yesterday after a little over a week.

Evans2
#4557Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/13/17 at 1:54pm

Hamilfan2 said: "I heard that Bette is responding, but that she is having a secretary do the signatures (for the full cast signed Playbills as well).  Can anyone confirm or deny?"

Really? Would love to know if anyone else knows anything about this.

A.Douglas Profile Photo
A.Douglas
#4558Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/13/17 at 3:27pm

I hope that's not true! I sent $50 for a Playbill specifically for Bette's signature. I would be very disappointed if her secretary signed them. Also, I would feel that BC/EFA misrepresented the Playbill.

On the other hand, Al Pacino didn't sign an Broadway Cares Playbills for "Glenngarry", so if her autograph is on them, I believe it was Bette herself

But that's just me. :p.

tvgus2
#4559Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/13/17 at 4:58pm

HI. How much is "Dear Evan Hansen" asking for a donation? 

thebookofwhizzer Profile Photo
thebookofwhizzer
#4560Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/13/17 at 5:33pm

I heard back from Christy Alromare yesterday! She's too sweet! She sent me a playbill signed by herself and returned my questionare answered and wrote a little note on the back!! 

“6 AM. The sky glows. Somewhere a bird chirps. I want to shoot it.” ~ Jonathan Larson, Tick...Tick..BOOM

abiwin6
#4561Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/13/17 at 6:11pm

Hi! I am sending a letter to Ben Platt with a SASE envelope, including one of my own DEH playbills, which I asked him to sign and send back. They won't ask for a donation will they? Considering I'm providing the playbill and I'm only asking for one autograph? 

atuomala Profile Photo
atuomala
#4562Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/13/17 at 6:20pm

abiwin6 said: "Hi! I am sending a letter to Ben Platt with a SASE envelope, including one of my own DEH playbills, which I asked him to sign and send back. They won't ask for a donation will they? Considering I'm providing the playbill and I'm only asking for one autograph? 

All autograph requests sent to DEH are being responded with a donation request. A donation is not equivalent to what the request is. Cast-signed playbills are already signed in advance during cast signing parties that ALL shows hold during the run. The whole cast gets together and does nothing but sign posters and playbills for BCEFA. If you send a blank playbill to ANY show asking for a cast-signed one, your playbill will be replaced with an already signed playbill that is available to the stage management. You will NOT receive your original playbill that you sent. 

"Mostly, I loved the size of these people's emotions. Nobody has emotions this size anymore. Outsized emotions. Operatic emotions. Kushemski and Vanda are like Tristan and Isolde, they're Paolo and Francesca. Nobody's in total thrall like this anymore. Nobody's overcome by passion like this, or goes through this kind of rage." Thomas, Venus in Fur

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#4563Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/13/17 at 6:21pm

abiwin6 said: "Hi! I am sending a letter to Ben Platt with a SASE envelope, including one of my own DEH playbills, which I asked him to sign and send back. They won't ask for a donation will they? Considering I'm providing the playbill and I'm only asking for one autograph? "

I don't think the $$$ is to cover the cost of the Playbill.

Actorman88
#4564Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/13/17 at 6:38pm

Wanting to send to Dave Malloy. Has anyone had any success with individual performers at Comet? Also, what is the best address to use? 

Phillytheatreguy10 Profile Photo
Phillytheatreguy10
#4565Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/15/17 at 2:09am

Any recent news from Great Comet? Still the same policies? 

EM55
#4566Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/15/17 at 11:09am

Sorry this may be in this thread somewhere couldn't locate, does anyone know if Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is asking for a donation? And has anyone gotten anything back recently, how long did it take?

Thanks!

thebookofwhizzer
#4567Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/15/17 at 11:27am

^^ is there any policy over sending mail to specific actors? I really want to send to Amber Grey!

“6 AM. The sky glows. Somewhere a bird chirps. I want to shoot it.” ~ Jonathan Larson, Tick...Tick..BOOM

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#4568Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/15/17 at 12:31pm

Does anyone know Donna Murphy's track record with fan mail? Obviously I know no one has heard from her at Dolly yet, but I just wanted to know if she has responded during past shows. Would love to write her!

amandaelevator Profile Photo
amandaelevator
#4569Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/15/17 at 12:53pm

Just for curiosity's sake, did anybody ever hear back from Falsettos? I know a few people had luck sending directly to Stephanie, but I sent to the stage manager and didn't even get a note saying they were requesting a donation or anything... Still kind of bummed about it ahaha

Hamilfan2
#4570Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/15/17 at 1:12pm

amandaelevator said: "Just for curiosity's sake, did anybody ever hear back from Falsettos? I know a few people had luck sending directly to Stephanie, but I sent to the stage manager and didn't even get a note saying they were requesting a donation or anything... Still kind of bummed about it ahaha

"

Same here Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?

Evans2
#4571Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/15/17 at 1:16pm

Phillytheatreguy10 said: "Any recent news from Great Comet? Still the same policies? "

Sent them last week. I'll let you know. 

A.Douglas Profile Photo
A.Douglas
#4572Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/15/17 at 3:10pm

Hi all!

Has anyone heard back from Dear Evan Hansen recently? Is the donation still $75? What version Playbill do they send out, Pride or Regular (yellow)?

Thanks! :)

Evans2
#4573Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/15/17 at 3:17pm

A.Douglas said: "Hi all!

Has anyone heard back from Dear Evan Hansen recently? Is the donation still $75? What version Playbill do they send out, Pride or Regular (yellow)?

Thanks! :)
"

Yes. The donation is a suggested minimum of $75.

I received a yellow Playbill. It was from April, so I imagine it that was the last cast signing party. 

It also came back very quickly. Believe I mailed it Thursday and received it on Tuesday.

thebookofwhizzer
#4574Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
Posted: 6/15/17 at 3:23pm

Just heard back from Barrett Doss at Groundhogs Day, she was very sweet and sent me a note! i asked for a picture but she didn't have one so she drew me a little groundhog!! 

Maximum Thread Size of 5,000 Messages Reached
Please Start a New Thread!

Videos