HELLO, DOLLY! Previews

Trish2
#450HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 3/29/17 at 6:41pm

THANKS, WAT. Stub hub has some for $65 up there tonight.

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#451HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 3/29/17 at 6:42pm

I paid $79 plus service fees for my balcony seat when they went on sale in September.

If you can get the seat for $65, grab it now!

WithoutATrace
#452HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 3/29/17 at 6:45pm

You know, there are a few poles up in the balcony that may cause some restricted view...I wonder if that $65 seat is directly behind a pole. That maybe would explain the low cost. For a show this popular, a $65 seat seems too good to be true.

Trish2
#453HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 3/29/17 at 6:49pm

Middle of row E ! Is stub hub reliable? Never used it.

WithoutATrace
#454HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 3/29/17 at 7:02pm

Middle of Row E center balcony?  If so, you should be fine with the view.

I've never used StubHub either...sorry I can't be of more help on that front.

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#455HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 3/29/17 at 7:05pm

I wonder why the heavy number of tickets today on stubhub and the reasonable prices?  Could there be some convention in town whose group got scratched?  Also.. where do cancelations come from?  They do say no refunds/no exchanges.  Is it mostly from groups?  Just curious.

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

poisonivy2 Profile Photo
poisonivy2
#456HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 3/29/17 at 7:16pm

For the 8:00 show tonight tickets are also down to the $40-50 dollar range ... I just saw this show last Saturday but if you haven't now might be your chance ...

TerrenceIsTheMann
#457HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 3/29/17 at 7:19pm

So I bought a ticket on Stubhub for today's matinee for 62 plus fees. It was the best investment I've ever made on a theatrical experience. Bette Midler is everything. Sure, she has the crowd in her palm from before the first note the orchestra plays, but she lives up to expectations and shows why she has the stardom she's acquired over the years. She's got that Tony on lock. In a very large show, David Hyde Pierce brings a refreshing and unique take of Horace to the stage. He is simply fantastic, and brings out every little detail of his performance, making Horace an OCD crab, rather than a stereotypical miser. Gavin Creel was out, but I honestly was very happy I got to see Christian Dante White. I feel like I have a good idea of what Creel would've brought. So White was a delicious, energetic surprise with an unbelievable voice on par with Creel's, that rang particularly well on "LISTEN, BARNABY!". The crowd essentially gasped when he hit the notes. This cast is definitely top notch throughout, and I feel like any cover or understudy will service the show just fine. Kate Baldwin's voice is superb as expected, but she also adds some flavor to the role of Irene that you don't look for typically. Beanie was HILARIOUS as Minnie Fay, Taylor Trensch was ever FUNNIER, and Jen Simard is flat out hysterical in a bit part. The ensemble sound is the best I've ever heard on a stage. The dancing and choreography is spectacular, yet not over the top and overbearing. The costumes are lush, the set is the perfect mix between grand and classic, and the orchestrations by Larry Hochman are nice and humble. Literally the best time. Gonna have to see it again somehow. 

sondmon
#458HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 3/29/17 at 9:12pm

TerrenceIsTheMann said: "So I bought a ticket on Stubhub for today's matinee for 62 plus fees. It was the best investment I've ever made on a theatrical experience. Bette Midler is everything. Sure, she has the crowd in her palm from before the first note the orchestra plays, but she lives up to expectations and shows why she has the stardom she's acquired over the years. She's got that Tony on lock. In a very large show, David Hyde Pierce brings a refreshing and unique take of Horace to the stage. He is simply fantastic, and brings out every little detail of his performance, making Horace an OCD crab, rather than a stereotypical miser. Gavin Creel was out, but I honestly was very happy I got to see Christian Dante White. I feel like I have a good idea of what Creel would've brought. So White was a delicious, energetic surprise with an unbelievable voice on par with Creel's, that rang particularly well on "LISTEN, BARNABY!". The crowd essentially gasped when he hit the notes. This cast is definitely top notch throughout, and I feel like any cover or understudy will service the show just fine. Kate Baldwin's voice is superb as expected, but she also adds some flavor to the role of Irene that you don't look for typically. Beanie was HILARIOUS as Minnie Fay, Taylor Trensch was ever FUNNIER, and Jen Simard is flat out hysterical in a bit part. The ensemble sound is the best I've ever heard on a stage. The dancing and choreography is spectacular, yet not over the top and overbearing. The costumes are lush, the set is the perfect mix between grand and classic, and the orchestrations by Larry Hochman are nice and humble. Literally the best time. Gonna have to see it again somehow. 

"

I  guess you ditched class. Good Choice! I got one for $70 in the Mezz. What can I say it was incredible even though I had very little familiarity with the show going in. Sad I missed Creel, but the u/s was great.

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#459HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 3/29/17 at 9:28pm

So I'm assuming the balcony is a fine view for the show? That makes me even more excited to see it on my birthday in May!

EthelMae Profile Photo
EthelMae
#460HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 3/29/17 at 9:31pm

Just curious. How in the world did you find a ticket on StubHub for $62/ticket plus fees? I just went to that site (never been on it) and picked a random Wed evening and saw the cheapest price was $110 before fees for the last row of the balcony! Along with much higher prices for various sections. Is StubHub luck of the draw? By chance? You just have to keep looking frequently and different prices pop up?

Thx.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#461HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 3/29/17 at 9:35pm

The prices seem to be dropping the day of the performance.

poisonivy2 Profile Photo
poisonivy2
#462HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 3/29/17 at 9:36pm

You have to go to stubhub a few hours before the performance when the unsold scalpers are panicking. They drop prices then. 

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#463HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 3/29/17 at 9:37pm

EthelMae said: "Just curious. How in the world did you find a ticket on StubHub for $62/ticket plus fees? I just went to that site (never been on it) and picked a random Wed evening and saw the cheapest price was $110 before fees for the last row of the balcony! Along with much higher prices for various sections. Is StubHub luck of the draw? By chance? You just have to keep looking frequently and different prices pop up?

Thx.

"

With Stubhub.. the closer to showtime the cheaper the prices become.   So a couple of hours before the show.. chances are people will lower their prices.  We use stub hub for everything in Los Angeles and Chicago and have never had  a bad experience.   

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

sondmon
#464HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 3/29/17 at 9:38pm

EthelMae said: "Just curious. How in the world did you find a ticket on StubHub for $62/ticket plus fees? I just went to that site (never been on it) and picked a random Wed evening and saw the cheapest price was $110 before fees for the last row of the balcony! Along with much higher prices for various sections. Is StubHub luck of the draw? By chance? You just have to keep looking frequently and different prices pop up?

Thx.

"

If you wait until right before the show the prices drop. most of the tickets on stubhub especially for this production are from scalpers so the price for a ticket in a week or two will be well above face. But as it gets really close and they have nothing to do with their tickets they drop in price. Today was odd that there were so many tickets available though. I'm just glad I got a ticket for more than 50% off face.

bdn223 Profile Photo
bdn223
#465HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 3/29/17 at 9:40pm

I think its important to note that today's matinee was one of the 2 in performances where tickets were only sold in person at the Shubert on January 12th. This was after it had announced its 20 million advance that meant it was already essentially sold out through August. I am sure a lot of scalpers picked up tickets and now have egg on face. The other one is the matinee on Wednesday April 19th, so I guess keep an eye out.

EthelMae Profile Photo
EthelMae
#466HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 3/29/17 at 9:46pm

Thx so much, guys!

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#467HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 3/29/17 at 9:54pm

Gavin was out again tonight. Hope he's ok.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#468HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 3/30/17 at 12:11am

I took advantage of the stubhub 'sale' for this evening's show and wow wow wow, Christian Dante White was definitely on par with Gavin Creel (I saw the show a week ago.) Bette didn't have any flubs but I felt she was funnier this time around especially with her facial expressions!  I'm so glad Bette gave Christian Dante White the honor of bowing again after her bow at the end of the show. 

Best decision ever to buy that ticket from stubhub. I did find it rather odd that even the Wednesday evening show got really cheap prices but I'm not complaining. 

I do hope Gavin is ok. Kudos to Christian Dante White for his performance this evening!

cjmclaughlin10
#469HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 3/30/17 at 12:46am

dose anyone happen to have pictures from the Balcony?  Im concerned about my seat in row E

Debra73
#470HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 3/30/17 at 7:20am

For anyone else attending upcoming shows, please keep me posted about Gavin. I am in town this weekend and hope to go to the show Saturday. I grew up with his sister and really wanted to catch a show of his. I hope he returns soon. Thanks. 

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#471HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 3/30/17 at 8:08am

StubHub is extremely reliable and they have built-in protections for buyers. It is also extremely convenient when the seller has electronic tickets and you can download a PDF of your tickets immediately upon payment.

The sudden markdown on the day of sale is normal, since most of the Stubhub sellers are consumers who bought an extra pair hoping to make back some of the money they spent on tickets.

Stage Door Sally Profile Photo
Stage Door Sally
#472HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 3/30/17 at 8:49am

Electric!

That's how I would describe this production. Yes, everything is top rate from the music, acting, costumes and set, but what put it over the top was the audience's attention and engagement. From the moment Bette peeks out she has the audience eating from her hand. They responded big... to her every little joke, every little glance, and every little dance step. It was one of those great moments in theater where the audience was part of the whole spectacle.

Kudos to Christian Dante White for ably filling some very big shoes. I was in the orchestra, and much of the crowd there was older. I had a lovely chat with a man who was breathing form an oxygen tank. The audience really supported Christian and cheered him at the end. When I see the show again in June, I look forward to seeing Gavin.

There was one stage flub when the Harmonia Gardens was unveiled. A coverlet stayed on one of the curtained private tables and a stagehand had to come take it off.

As a lifetime fan of the show I found myself singing along quite a bit — silently of course. I also had a case of the waterworks twice — both times at the beginning strains of Hello, Dolly. I left the show red faced, but so, so happy.

Updated On: 3/30/17 at 08:49 AM

C4b2a3b
#473HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 3/30/17 at 8:59am

cjmclaughlin10 said: "dose anyone happen to have pictures from the Balcony?  Im concerned about my seat in row E

"

Check out http://aviewfrommyseat.com/. There is a picture from Balcony row C at the Shubert for Hello, Dolly!

Updated On: 3/30/17 at 08:59 AM

Brian07663NJ
#474HELLO, DOLLY! Previews
Posted: 3/30/17 at 9:01am

OH MY EPHRAIM GAWD!!! 

HELLO, DOLLY! is what truly epitomizes Broadway! I was fortunate to secure a front row (though partial view) ticket for Wednesday night, March 26. To sit so close to see the facial expressions, see the iris of their eyes, the sweat running down each face of the amazingly costumed performers on a grandiose sets...SPECTACULAR!

No words can describe how beyond beyond Bette is in this role.

David Hyde Pierce is equally at home in his role of Horace while gently stepping back, just enough, for his Dolly. 

Gavin was out and I was truly disappointed. This is the second time I've had a front row ticket to see him close (other was for Hair) and both times he was out! AARRGHH! Christian did a fantastic job but my mind was still being difficult with me because I wanted to see Gavin.

Kate Baldwin is visually and vocally stunning!

Beanie Feldstein is AMAZING. I LOVED her facial expressions!

Melanie Moore (Ermengarde) I know it's the role but her shrill shrieks can peel the paint off the walls. Tone it down a notch please! 

"It only takes a moment..." but tonight had SO many moments yanking on my emotions. 

When "Before the Parade Passes By" (avoiding spoilers) I felt the hairs rise, the goosebumps move on me, the thrill running up my spine - WOW!

It goes without say that the "Hello, Dolly" number was fantastic but the buildup by the waiters just prior to it was OMG and each of the dancers is SO handsome@!

It will be another 100 shows before I'm as enraptured as I was tonight!

Oh...I liked the show too.

For those who love show merchandise. Bring credit cards...they are SO ready to help you part with your money. There are half a dozen t-shirts @$30, a zip up track style sweat shirt @$70, 2 different tote bags (The Vandergeld smaller was @$20 and I think the logo bag larger @$30), 2 pins @$10, key chain, mug, silk scarf @$70, magnets, show poster, etc those are the only prices I remember. At intermission there is a small concession in the lobby - the stand downstairs inside the theater has everything but you need a ticket to get down there unless I imagine you sneak in once all the doors open at the end of the performance. 8pm show finished at 10:35pm last night.

p.s. so what am I going to do with my original tickets that I purchased for September...I AM GOING!

Videos