pixeltracker

ATC: Spider Man is officially off....- Page 2

ATC: Spider Man is officially off....

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#25re: ATC: Spider Man is officially off....
Posted: 8/10/09 at 11:19pm

Hmm...I thought I'd heard something else was eyeing the Marquis. Guess I'm misremembering.

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

CSonBroadway Profile Photo
CSonBroadway
#26re: ATC: Spider Man is officially off....
Posted: 8/10/09 at 11:25pm

I think if anything was official they would of announced it by now

I'm a professional. Whenever something goes wrong on stage, I know how to handle it so no one ever remembers. I flash my %#$&. "Jayne just sat there while Gina flailed around the stage like an idiot."

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#27re: ATC: Spider Man is officially off....
Posted: 8/10/09 at 11:30pm

I think if this were official, this thread would've been deleted.

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

BwayBoundJoe Profile Photo
BwayBoundJoe
#28re: ATC: Spider Man is officially off....
Posted: 8/10/09 at 11:36pm

Wait...9 to 5 is closing?

Formally Stews_Bitch::: Shows in the 2010 Season for me. 101 Dalmations tour - Jan 24th, Xanadu Tour - Mar 9th and 10th, Wicked - May 14th, Legally Blonde - June 12th:::::::Upcoming - South Pacific, Young Frankinstein (Two Cities) Rock of Ages (Two Cities) Shrek (3 Cities) Les Mis, DreamGirls, Spring Awakening, Color Purple, and 9 to 5!

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#29re: ATC: Spider Man is officially off....
Posted: 8/10/09 at 11:41pm

As someone else said, I won't believe it until there's an official announcement, plus this project is far too high profile to scrap like this now.

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

CSonBroadway Profile Photo
CSonBroadway
#30re: ATC: Spider Man is officially off....
Posted: 8/10/09 at 11:43pm

I believe Minskys is eyeing the Marquis.

I'm a professional. Whenever something goes wrong on stage, I know how to handle it so no one ever remembers. I flash my %#$&. "Jayne just sat there while Gina flailed around the stage like an idiot."

colormesusan
#31re: ATC: Spider Man is officially off....
Posted: 8/11/09 at 12:04am

Well that's disappointing, if it's true.
Yes, the idea of a Spiderman musical seems rather ridiculous, but I am/was convinced that Julie Taymor could make it not suck, the woman's amazing.

Or, at least, the fact that she's involved made it so I didn't automatically judge it and assume that it would suck.
Updated On: 8/11/09 at 12:04 AM

beautywickedlover
#33re: ATC: Spider Man is officially off....
Posted: 8/11/09 at 12:44am

Maybe "The War Horse" can make its transfer from London at the Hilton. It is an independent theatre after all.

broadwayomgomg Profile Photo
broadwayomgomg
#34re: ATC: Spider Man is officially off....
Posted: 8/11/09 at 12:55am

Even though I wasn't excited for the actual show I really wanted to see it just for the reason of what can Julie Taymor do with 45 million dollars.

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#35re: ATC: Spider Man is officially off....
Posted: 8/11/09 at 1:24am

"One. Two. Three. Julie Taymor: What would you with 45 mill, just between you and me."

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#36re: ATC: Spider Man is officially off....
Posted: 8/11/09 at 1:32am

"Even though I wasn't excited for the actual show I really wanted to see it just for the reason of what can Julie Taymor do with 45 million dollars."

Answer: Piss it away on heartless spectacle.

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#37re: ATC: Spider Man is officially off....
Posted: 8/11/09 at 8:45am

Well, it's 8:50am EST and the thread is still here

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

PlayhouseBeauty Profile Photo
PlayhouseBeauty
#38re: ATC: Spider Man is officially off....
Posted: 8/11/09 at 8:54am

I don't think the whole project is scrapped but there was a segment on ABC during the 5pm or 6pm news saying that Spider Mad was definitely in trouble financially but no where in the piece that I saw did they mention it was officially off.

AndAllThatJazz22
#38re: ATC: Spider Man is officially off....
Posted: 8/11/09 at 10:45am

There is still no confirmation yet. I think this project is safe.

"There's nothing good on. The media hates Christmas. The media loves vampires, though. Maybe they will show a Twilight Christmas."
-Danmeg's 10 year old son.

rosscoe(au) Profile Photo
rosscoe(au)
#39re: ATC: Spider Man is officially off....
Posted: 8/11/09 at 10:53am

Maybe they will move the project to Vegas?

Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian

Neverandy Profile Photo
Neverandy
#40re: ATC: Spider Man is officially off....
Posted: 8/11/09 at 1:12pm

If Agents and Managers have been told to release their clients for work,it doesn't necessarily mean that the show is off. It could just be postponed. I do know that the first preview has been pushed.

Other than that, did you enjoy the play Mrs Lincoln?

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#41re: ATC: Spider Man is officially off....
Posted: 8/11/09 at 1:23pm

I do know that the first preview has been pushed.
It was moved from January to the end of February awhile ago. Has it been pushed back again?
Updated On: 8/11/09 at 01:23 PM

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#42re: ATC: Spider Man is officially off....
Posted: 8/11/09 at 1:25pm

If Agents and Managers have been told to release their clients for work,it doesn't necessarily mean that the show is off.

On Broadway postponed = canceled.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#43re: ATC: Spider Man is officially off....
Posted: 8/11/09 at 2:16pm

Rolling Stone just posted a story saying it's on hold...

?Spider-Man? Musical Suspended By ?Cash Flow Problem?

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

HollyGolightly2 Profile Photo
HollyGolightly2
#44re: ATC: Spider Man is officially off....
Posted: 8/11/09 at 2:31pm

And they still say it's going to make its February 25th date?

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#45re: ATC: Spider Man is officially off....
Posted: 8/11/09 at 3:16pm

Wishful Drinking..

Uh, thinking...

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

Kelly2 Profile Photo
Kelly2
#46re: ATC: Spider Man is officially off....
Posted: 8/11/09 at 3:19pm

Well, I can't say I was excited about the SHOW, but I was excited to hear what the score sounded like. U2 is awesome.

"Get mad, then get over it." - Colin Powell

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#47re: ATC: Spider Man is officially off....
Posted: 8/11/09 at 3:29pm

Has anyone been by the theatre today (Tuesday)?
Any activity?

Ed_Mottershead
#48re: ATC: Spider Man is officially off....
Posted: 8/11/09 at 5:19pm

Or as Barnum said about suckers . . . .

BroadwayEd

RentBoy86
#49re: ATC: Spider Man is officially off....
Posted: 8/11/09 at 5:35pm

I walked by the Hilton today, and nothing was going on. Usually (like the two times I have walked by and noticed), they have had the loading doors open and a lot of construction going on, but nothing today, and the signs are still up.

(On a side note: I hate the marquee for "After Miss Julie." Lame!!)

Videos