Waitress tickets now?

rKrispyt Profile Photo
rKrispyt
#25Waitress tickets now?
Posted: 1/24/16 at 11:43am

I also saw the show in Boston and it was wonderful. Very moving, I think for women in particular it will strike a chord. You've also got fans of the movie, and Sara Bareilles (not to mention some Orange Is The New Black fans that will go for Kimiko), plus it seems to be the most anticipated show coming this season and with Hamilton being impossible to go to, I think a lot of people are going to run to this as their next-best-thing. 

It won't do as well as Hamilton or get that hype but I think it will get a really positive response and run for a while - definitely until October. I saw it and found myself in tears numerous times simply because it spoke to me so much, so unexpectedly. After seeing it, it stuck with me for weeks, my mind kept wandering back to it. I think with it having that potential effect on others, it's going to be successful. 

Your friend is being silly. Stress not. Have a great time. :) 

If I show you the darkness I hold inside, will you bring me to light?

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#26Waitress tickets now?
Posted: 1/24/16 at 11:46am

Haven't seen any yet....and I was just on Bway Box and Audience Rewards.

I'm sure there will be.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#27Waitress tickets now?
Posted: 1/24/16 at 11:46am

Oh god, I booked my hotel last night and then today I went to get tickets to the first preview and according to Ticketmaster there are no tickets available...

rKrispyt Profile Photo
rKrispyt
#28Waitress tickets now?
Posted: 1/24/16 at 12:14pm

oops. double post. 

If I show you the darkness I hold inside, will you bring me to light?
Updated On: 1/24/16 at 12:14 PM

NJ_BroadwayGirl Profile Photo
NJ_BroadwayGirl
#29Waitress tickets now?
Posted: 1/24/16 at 1:23pm

Yes the first preview does appear to be sold out. I noticed that last week but forgot to mention it. 

I like a good rhyme more than a good time

ChildofEarth Profile Photo
ChildofEarth
#30Waitress tickets now?
Posted: 1/24/16 at 11:35pm

Got a preview of this at Broadwaycon and I'm just gonna say it: run to go get tickets...once those catches on, it will be fire!

jgst@telenet.be Profile Photo
jgst@telenet.be
#31Waitress tickets now?
Posted: 2/3/16 at 11:10am

Just bought my tickets too.  I have been listning to the music and i really love it.  I found a discount code on twitter that offers 99$ orchestra seats and 49$ for  rear mezzanine

Code : ART1

I was happy with that code because tickets were reduced from 159 tot 99

devonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
#32Waitress tickets now?
Posted: 2/3/16 at 11:35am

So glad this show is getting such positive buzz

broadwayboy223
#33Waitress tickets now?
Posted: 2/3/16 at 11:38am

Can anyone elaborate on Laura Benanti's involvement with the show early on? 

broadwayfan250
#34Waitress tickets now?
Posted: 2/3/16 at 11:39am

I have tickets for May- I am so excited for this show! I also used a discount code and got $89 tickets. I can't wait!!

Dancingthrulife2 Profile Photo
Dancingthrulife2
#35Waitress tickets now?
Posted: 2/3/16 at 10:12pm

broadwayfan250 said: "I have tickets for May- I am so excited for this show! I also used a discount code and got $89 tickets. I can't wait!!

"

Can you please tell me what the discount code is????? Thanks a lot!

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#36Waitress tickets now?
Posted: 2/3/16 at 10:15pm

I am also curious about this discoun code! 

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#37Waitress tickets now?
Posted: 2/3/16 at 10:21pm

It's been posted already. ART1

Dancingthrulife2 Profile Photo
Dancingthrulife2
#38Waitress tickets now?
Posted: 2/3/16 at 11:17pm

ljay889 said: "It's been posted already. ART1

"

Thank you so much! Scored a first row mezzanine, dead center for $111.7 for a Tuesday night. Can't wait!

NJ_BroadwayGirl Profile Photo
NJ_BroadwayGirl
#39Waitress tickets now?
Posted: 2/3/16 at 11:36pm

Looks like that discount code is only valid until the end of May. I was looking to buy a second ticket to bring along a friend on June 7 but there's no ability to put in an offer code.  I'm guessing that will change soon because there were plenty of seats open. 

I like a good rhyme more than a good time

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#40Waitress tickets now?
Posted: 2/4/16 at 1:10am

Something tells me you are coming from Denver! Don't sweat it. I did the szme thing when I lived there and was planning trips to see shows in NYC. I have no crystal ball but I suspect that by the time your performance rolls around, you will be glad you purchased tickets in advance.

Just give the world Love.

Dave13 Profile Photo
Dave13
#41Waitress tickets now?
Posted: 2/4/16 at 9:55am

With the positive vibe this show is getting, does anyone think that Waitress has the potential to steal a few Tony's from the juggernaut that is expected to sweep the Tony's? 

As much as I love Hamilton, I am starting to wonder if the hype is starting to turn some people off. I am hoping another show has the ability to take some awards that most have already penciled in Hamilton to win. 

Not to be confused with Dave19.
Updated On: 2/4/16 at 09:55 AM

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#42Waitress tickets now?
Posted: 2/4/16 at 10:26am

If we end up seeing a split between Book and Score, I could see Tony voters probably giving Lin-Manuel Miranda Best Book of a Musical and Sara Bareillis Best Original Score.

Jessie Mueller already just won Lead Actress in a Musical almost two years ago, so I don't see voters wanting to give her another one so soon (unless she could pull a Donna Murphy by winning in the same category twice within two years). Of course, she already has gotten some strong competition from Cynthia Erivo.

pupscotch
#43Waitress tickets now?
Posted: 2/4/16 at 10:41am

Anyone know about any planned lottery or rush policies? I've noticed they don't sell the first two rows for any of the shows.

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#44Waitress tickets now?
Posted: 2/4/16 at 11:37am

I sure hope there is a rush, I'm coming down specifically to see the first preview and it's already sold out (besides a few premium seats, and I am not paying $357), so I would be really bummed if I couldn't see it. Waitress tickets now?

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#45Waitress tickets now?
Posted: 2/4/16 at 11:43am

Hell will freeze over and pigs will fly the day that Waitress steals Best Score from Hamilton.

Videos