pixeltracker

"Hamilton" in Los Angeles- Page 2

"Hamilton" in Los Angeles

bear88
#25Hamilton LA
Posted: 4/18/17 at 9:15pm

Joshua Henry said on Twitter that he was coming to LA. I don't know if he will stay for the whole run, given his upcoming obligation, but he's not leaving after SF.

LA is an obvious draw for performers, especially in a hit show, because they get valuable exposure to people who might hire them. The SF/LA tour stops tend to get some good talent (Broadway understudies, stars like Henry).

PepperedShepherd Profile Photo
PepperedShepherd
#26Hamilton LA
Posted: 4/19/17 at 2:04pm

AmEx pre-sale this morning. What a joke!

The "Select Your Seat" map feature was disabled so you had to trust Ticketmaster to come up with "Best Available".  

I searched for multiple dates from the end of October thru mid-November.  The best seats I was offered were in Row Q (!) for $650.  Excluding the $650 price range, the best I could do was Row NN for $195.  200 bucks to sit 25 rows away in the barn that is the Pantages? Yeah, I don't think so.

Although I would like to see the touring company, right now I'm happy with my $189 2nd row Mezz seat at the Richard Rodgers in September.

BeachGirl2
#27Hamilton LA
Posted: 4/19/17 at 4:47pm

PepperedShepherd said: "AmEx pre-sale this morning. What a joke!

The "Select Your Seat" map feature was disabled so you had to trust Ticketmaster to come up with "Best Available".  

I searched for multiple dates from the end of October thru mid-November.  The best seats I was offered were in Row Q (!) for $650.  Excluding the $650 price range, the best I could do was Row NN for $195.  200 bucks to sit 25 rows away in the barn that is the Pantages? Yeah, I don't think so.

Although I would like to see the touring company, right now I'm happy with my $189 2nd row Mezz seat at the Richard Rodgers in September."

I had the same experience with AMEX presale.  I already have tickets for Orange County next May, but wanted to see if I could get something reasonable for LA.  Ha - was that misguided!  Started looking for tickets right at 10 on two different computers and then my mobile.  The "best available" search is the worst.  In my haste, I didn't realize I needed to deselect the $650 level tickets, so after waiting in the queue for 20 minutes, Row H came up at $650 a piece.  I saw the OBC last May at the Rodgers in the $470 premium seats so $650 for the tour seemed excessive.  And my husband would surely think I've lost my mind since I've already seen it and we have the OC tickets.  

So I gave up those seats, assuming incorrectly that the $195 seats would be in a decent location.  Wrong again!  After another long wait, row RR came up at $195.  I won't pay that much to sit that far back in that huge theater.  Once the map finally was activated a few hours after the sale began, I looked at various dates and found those $650 seats back in Row S, center and then around Thanksgiving/ Christmas week/New Year's they go up to $750 for the same far back seats.  Which is right when I regretted giving up the $650 Row H seats.  But I've come to my senses and will just have to wait for my $175 front Orchestra season tickets at Segerstrom in Costa Mesa. Which seem like a total bargain now.  

Curious to see if any extreme side seats become available during the general sale on April 30...let the LA insanity begin!  

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#28Hamilton LA
Posted: 4/19/17 at 5:09pm

That was stressful. After searching for almost two hours, was able to score two seats for $195 each in Row R. Not too bad. Hoping to get some $85 seats in the general sale, but guessing that's gonna go even faster and be even more stressful, especially because it's a Sunday morning and most will have it off.

Jocelyn3
#29Hamilton LA
Posted: 4/19/17 at 6:20pm

Row R should be good seats. I have Row P for the Pantages season, and they are really quite close. Curious, for $195 are those Center Orchestra or Center Left/Right Orchestra? 

LesWickedly
#30Hamilton LA
Posted: 4/19/17 at 6:50pm

They're Left Center on the aisle, so there's only an aisle between my $195 seat and the $650 seats!

Jocelyn3
#31Hamilton LA
Posted: 4/19/17 at 7:08pm

Those are great seats. I have some group tix in both OCL and OCR, but they are on the outside aisle. They were $193 apiece. Good work and enjoy! 

erikarachel
#32Hamilton LA
Posted: 4/27/17 at 8:50pm

I wasn't able to take advantage of the AmEx presale so will be trying to get tickets when they go on sale this weekend. I'm trying to decide whether to camp out in front of the Pantages or to try the two computer method at home (or both). Can anyone weigh in on which strategy is likely to be more effective based on your previous experience? Thanks!

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#33Hamilton LA
Posted: 4/30/17 at 4:05pm

Tickets went on sale this morning to general public. Bit the bullet and woke up at the crack of dawn to line up at the box office and SCORED SEATS! OMG I'm looking around for flying pigs... 

Updated On: 4/30/17 at 04:05 PM

Wildcard
#34Hamilton LA
Posted: 4/30/17 at 4:24pm

Tickets have come up for me many times over. I thought about lining up for tickets this morning. I'm glad I didn't 

erikarachel
#35Hamilton LA
Posted: 4/30/17 at 4:26pm

Well done on the waking up early! I ended up going the online route and got a ticket after waiting for two hours--but only because I was willing to go alone on the afternoon of Black Friday. I'll take it!!

LesWickedly
#36Hamilton LA
Posted: 4/30/17 at 5:01pm

That wasn't as hard as I thought it would be! Got tickets for the dates I wanted and kept checking others just for fun, finding many again. Was really tempted to buy more, but my bank account would never forgive me. Three times should do the trick! (Hopefully have luck with the loterry, too).

theoriginoflove
#37Hamilton LA
Posted: 4/30/17 at 5:34pm

Does anyone know if the lottery is going to be online or in person? Is there rush or cancellation line?

LesWickedly
#38Hamilton LA
Posted: 4/30/17 at 5:55pm

I'm pretty sure I saw that the lottery would be online. I have a feeling there will be some type of cancellation system.

CPB2
#39Hamilton LA
Posted: 4/30/17 at 7:30pm

Still tons of tickets available in November/December, at all price levels. Weekdays are best but there's availability on weekend as well. Clickable seat map is enabled now too.

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#40Hamilton LA
Posted: 4/30/17 at 9:24pm

Plenty of tickets still available.  Especially Sunday nights in late October and beginning of November.  And some in the very front of the Mezzanine for $95.00.

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

laugard
#41Hamilton LA
Posted: 4/30/17 at 10:17pm

For anyone still looking, they just released within the last hour a slew of $195 tickets in the Orchestra for multiple dates, including weekends. I just checked, and there were seats in Row Q, P, R, S and farther back, all on Saturday nights in September and October.

CPB2
#42Hamilton LA
Posted: 4/30/17 at 10:22pm

Many dates just added a bunch of orchestra seats: All of center orchestra rows B and J, and XX-ZZ, and pairs in every row of left center orchestra and right center orchestra from rows Q-WW (seats 205-206 and 305-306).

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#43Hamilton LA
Posted: 4/30/17 at 10:25pm

Snatched two more $95.00 seats.  They are both singles but in the very front row of center mezzanie. Their service charges however ...

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

ThatsMyQ
#44Hamilton LA
Posted: 4/30/17 at 10:26pm

CPB2 said: "Many dates just added a bunch of orchestra seats: All of center orchestra rows B and J, and XX-ZZ, and pairs in every row of left center orchestra and right center orchestra from rows Q-WW (seats 205-206 and 305-306).

Yup..just bought a couple in Row N for September. Glad I waited until the afternoon.

"

emo_geek Profile Photo
emo_geek
#45Hamilton LA
Posted: 5/3/17 at 1:07pm

I'm a bit surprised how many seats are still available to purchase. Sure they are the later dates and towards the back and off to the side a bit- but they are there. Is this normal? Did San Fransisco have a similiar selling pattern? I would have thought it would be completely sold out by now...

"I never had theatre producers run after me. Some people want to make more Broadway shows out of movies. But Elliot and I aren't going to do Batman: The Musical." - Julie Taymor 1999

loliveve Profile Photo
loliveve
#46Hamilton LA
Posted: 5/3/17 at 1:23pm

emo_geek said: "I'm a bit surprised how many seats are still available to purchase. Sure they are the later dates and towards the back and off to the side a bit- but they are there. Is this normal? Did San Fransisco have a similiar selling pattern? I would have thought it would be completely sold out by now..."

Just few observations about that: The seating capacity of the Orpheum Theater in San Francisco is 2,200; the capacity of the Pantages in Hollywood is 2,700.  So they are looking to sell 500 more tickets per show in LA than in San Francisco.  

In addition, the price for the show in LA generally higher than it was in San Francisco.  Premium seats in LA are $650 or $750 (generally depending on the proximity to a holiday) while comparable seats in San Francisco (such as 7 rows back, center orchestra) are $525.  Yes, there were higher prices but only for a few rows, while LA has the premium prices running about 20 rows deep. It is quite possible that it would be cheaper to buy a resale ticket to San Francisco than to see the show in Los Angeles-- and because Hamilton is still running in San Francisco through the summer, it may be what people are trying to do.

Finally, I believe that the Pantages made it very, very difficult for groups to buy tickets, which was not the case with San Francisco. 

Blockhead24 Profile Photo
Blockhead24
#47Hamilton LA
Posted: 5/3/17 at 1:33pm

I got a ticket for my birthday in December! We're not getting this company here so I'm really looking forward to seeing them.

emo_geek Profile Photo
emo_geek
#48Hamilton LA
Posted: 5/3/17 at 1:48pm

Great observations, loliveve. Thanks for the insight. I was shocked how many seats they marked as premium. It was also interesting to watch them change their mind on doing a Flex Subscriber pre-sale. 

"I never had theatre producers run after me. Some people want to make more Broadway shows out of movies. But Elliot and I aren't going to do Batman: The Musical." - Julie Taymor 1999

conealpetterson
#49Hamilton LA
Posted: 5/3/17 at 4:31pm

I agree that they have way too many $650 seats at the Pantages.  But I bought tickets in the SF sale as well and the majority of tickets were $185-$525. The Orpheum has a very small balcony and those were the only tickets under $100.  The Pantages had a lot of tickets for $125 or less.  I have many friends who bought the $95 and $85 tickets.  They are not regular theater goers and probably wouldn't have paid $200.  So LA's  high price was higher, but they had a lot more lower priced seats (it's sad when $100 is considered cheap).  

Videos