Waitress on Tour

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#25Waitress on Tour
Posted: 7/8/17 at 8:45am

Ethan - That definitely did cross my mind when she said that, but I guess we will have to wait and see. I've never seen Stephanie in a leading role [in Wicked or Waitress] but she really killed it on Monday and I'd love to see her play Jenna on tour. 

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

KathyNYC2
#26Waitress on Tour
Posted: 7/8/17 at 10:16am

As reported, Stephanie said doing the press event did not mean she was doing the tour.  This is completely true. Doing the press events has NOTHING to do with the tour. Stephanie has been doing almost all the press event both in and out of NYC since the beginning when Jessie was still there. Besides seeing her as Jenna (and Dawn) on Broadway, I've also seen her perform at Grand Central station, Bryant Park and various other city venues as early as spring 2016. She has been out of own at various other press events as well. 

I'm still hoping she gets to take over Jenna on Broadway for a while when Betsy leaves. But in terms of the tour, her answer was really a non answer. 

Updated On: 7/8/17 at 10:16 AM

NOWaWarning Profile Photo
NOWaWarning
#27Waitress on Tour
Posted: 7/8/17 at 10:21am

I didn't know how much I needed Lindsay Mendez to play Jenna until this thread

trpguyy
#28Waitress on Tour
Posted: 8/1/17 at 4:56pm

Jenna is being played by someone new to the production, and not previously named in this thread. 

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#29Waitress on Tour
Posted: 8/1/17 at 5:05pm

trpguyy said: "Jenna is being played by someone new to the production, and not previously named in this thread. 

"

Could you PM me who it is? I'm just very curious!!

sugarbuttersara Profile Photo
sugarbuttersara
#30Waitress on Tour
Posted: 8/1/17 at 5:46pm

trpguyy said: "Jenna is being played by someone new to the production, and not previously named in this thread. 

"

Oh my gosh, do you mind PMing me as well about who they cast as Jenna? Is it a fresh face or a Broadway vet? Ahhh I'm dying to know. 

Itonlytakesajourney Profile Photo
Itonlytakesajourney
#31Waitress on Tour
Posted: 8/1/17 at 5:50pm

Sorry for being third to ask, but could you PM me? I'm really curious to see who it is.

ethan231h Profile Photo
ethan231h
#32Waitress on Tour
Posted: 8/1/17 at 5:57pm

"

please PM me!!

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#33Waitress on Tour
Posted: 8/1/17 at 6:07pm

I'd like to know too

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Timothy Davis
#34Waitress on Tour
Posted: 8/1/17 at 6:13pm

"trpguyy do you just know a lot of producers?? Because you also have inside knowledge about great comet's future. 

MannPhan24601
#35Waitress on Tour
Posted: 8/1/17 at 8:09pm

It was discussed on here a while back that Meghan Linsey from The Voice was originally supposed to replace Jessie but dropped out at last minute(Probably due to her spider bite that made national news) .Wonder if she's doing the tour.She'd be a perfect Jenna, Chris Mann(Who was also on The Voice)  brought in a crowd when he was in the Phantom tour with no musical theater experience(Besides college and some regional shows at the Music Theater of Wichita in high school...) 

h6p8gv
#36Waitress on Tour
Posted: 8/1/17 at 9:05pm

Please pm me as well and let me know who it is

HennySlay
#37Waitress on Tour
Posted: 8/1/17 at 9:24pm

I'd also like to know. :)

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#39Waitress on Tour
Posted: 8/9/17 at 12:49pm

I'm sure they're great, but this is a little disappointing. I only recognize like three of those names. But open to new talent! Or at least, new to me.

JennH
#40Waitress on Tour
Posted: 8/9/17 at 12:54pm

More new talent is ALWAYS fine with me as long as they can deliver :)

YES DESI. She's pretty great, and considering the rumor that the same small group of ladies were considered for both Jenna and Elsa, Desi doesn't wholly shock me, she's got CHOPS yo...she's another possibly future Elsa as far as I'm concerned. 

trpguyy
#41Waitress on Tour
Posted: 8/9/17 at 1:00pm

Desi will be phenomenal. She also has that singer/songwriter/pianist thing going for her, like Sara. 

Blockhead24 Profile Photo
Blockhead24
#42Waitress on Tour
Posted: 8/9/17 at 1:15pm

I'm so happy for Bryan! I wish this tour was coming closer to me. 

Itonlytakesajourney Profile Photo
Itonlytakesajourney
#43Waitress on Tour
Posted: 8/9/17 at 1:15pm

Super happy for Desi! She looks wonderful and she'll fit Jenna like a glove. More new talent is always welcome, I love how they're taking chances in casting lately.

ethan231h Profile Photo
ethan231h
#44Waitress on Tour
Posted: 8/9/17 at 1:24pm

Glad Charity can show off her vocal chops around the country!!! she's amazing! Wonder who will replace her on Broadway?

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#45Waitress on Tour
Posted: 8/9/17 at 3:14pm

Love Desi Oakley, but I find it interesting Emily Koch will be in the ensemble after being the lead Elphaba on tour. 

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

trpguyy
#46Waitress on Tour
Posted: 8/9/17 at 3:57pm

Having a lead credit or two does not guarantee a career as a lead, and a job is better than no job. 

sharona39
#47Waitress on Tour
Posted: 8/9/17 at 6:01pm

ethan231h said: "Glad Charity can show off her vocal chops around the country!!! she's amazing! Wonder who will replace her on Broadway?

Charity is great!! But can someone explain to me - I don't know how the machine of Broadway works at all - why would Charity leave the Broadway role to go on tour? Touring seems grueling. 

Im not at all familiar with Desi but was hoping it was Jessica Vosk to play Jenna. 

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#48Waitress on Tour
Posted: 8/10/17 at 1:14am

Touring is the same salary on Broadway plus the added benefit of a per diem. Plus, most people sublet/rent out their apartments, so months and months of not paying rent plus per diem. They're able to save a lot of money. Plus, at least for me, I like touring and seeing different theaters/cities. 

trpguyy
#49Waitress on Tour
Posted: 8/10/17 at 1:21am

RippedMan said: "Touring is the same salary on Broadway plus the added benefit of a per diem. Plus, most people sublet/rent out their apartments, so months and months of not paying rent plus per diem. They're able to save a lot of money. Plus, at least for me, I like touring and seeing different theaters/cities. "

Same salary *if* it's a Full Production contract, which most are not.