pixeltracker

Who do you think will replace Betsy Wolfe in Waitress?- Page 2

Who do you think will replace Betsy Wolfe in Waitress?

ethan231h Profile Photo
ethan231h
#25Who do you think will replace Betsy Wolfe in Waitress?
Posted: 11/26/17 at 5:34pm

If its Anna im gonna be really mad because those seats are super expensive and I would NEED to see her in the role. oy.

moira8
#27Who do you think will replace Betsy Wolfe in Waitress?
Posted: 11/27/17 at 4:00pm

I bought tickets for Jan 14 on AR (was surprised to see it available there). I was excited at the prospect of Sara-Jason (saw Sara before, and really want to see Jason as well). But this becomes Anna-Jason, I'd be even happier! :)

ace33
#28Who do you think will replace Betsy Wolfe in Waitress?
Posted: 11/28/17 at 2:22pm

moira8 said: "I bought tickets for Jan 14 on AR (was surprised to see it available there). I was excited at the prospect of Sara-Jason (saw Sara before, and really want to see Jason as well). But this becomes Anna-Jason, I'd be even happier! :)"

What is "AR"?

ace33
#29Who do you think will replace Betsy Wolfe in Waitress?
Posted: 11/28/17 at 2:24pm

You guys are sleuths! I really want to snag tickets to see Sara and Jason... Can anyone summarize the exact dates I need to aim for? Thanks!

smidge
#30Who do you think will replace Betsy Wolfe in Waitress?
Posted: 11/28/17 at 4:17pm

AR is Audience Rewards and I would wait for the official announcement tomorrow before committing to any dates.

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#31Who do you think will replace Betsy Wolfe in Waitress?
Posted: 11/28/17 at 4:20pm

The dates are January 16th-February 25 and they’ve all been taken offsale. An American Express presale starts tomorrow with a Audienece Rewards sale starting next Wednesday. Seems like a big deal.

StefanieBway<3
#32Who do you think will replace Betsy Wolfe in Waitress?
Posted: 11/28/17 at 9:33pm

With the latest clue - an apron and pregnancy test... they must have been here before...

I think it can only mean one thing. Sara has to be back, that coupled with the earlier promo leaked shared via Instagram - it points in that direction.

I hope she explains the Betty White candle, the poppy makes sense as she’s from California.

I doubt I’ll get the chance to see it, the biggest bummer of all!

BroadwayJoe5
#33Who do you think will replace Betsy Wolfe in Waitress?
Posted: 11/28/17 at 10:00pm

I think this article from last year explains the Betty White candle clue pretty clearly... 

The Link

Updated On: 11/28/17 at 10:00 PM

moira8
#34Who do you think will replace Betsy Wolfe in Waitress?
Posted: 11/29/17 at 8:11am

smidge said: "AR is Audience Rewards and I would wait for the official announcement tomorrow before committing to any dates."

Bought it because of Jason. A “name” Jenna will just be a bonus.

Plannietink08 Profile Photo
Plannietink08
#35Who do you think will replace Betsy Wolfe in Waitress?
Posted: 11/29/17 at 8:17am

Anna Kendrick played a pregnant chef in What To Expect. She also played Poppy in Trolls. She absolutely worships Betty White.

It’s Anna Kendrick.

"Charlotte, we're Jewish"

greenifyme2
#36Who do you think will replace Betsy Wolfe in Waitress?
Posted: 11/29/17 at 8:19am

Anyone know what time they will officially announce it?

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#37Who do you think will replace Betsy Wolfe in Waitress?
Posted: 11/29/17 at 9:22am

Who do you think will replace Betsy Wolfe in Waitress?

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

WayTooBroadway Profile Photo
WayTooBroadway
#38Who do you think will replace Betsy Wolfe in Waitress?
Posted: 11/29/17 at 9:58am

SARA BAREILLES is back. Just got an Amex presale email:

Tony® and Grammy® Award nominee Sara Bareilles, the composer and lyricist of the Broadway smash hit Waitress, returns to the Brooks Atkinson stage as Jenna Hunterson on January 16, 2018 for six weeks only, through February 25, 2018. For the first two weeks of her return engagement, the multiplatinum-selling singer-songwriter and New York Times bestselling author will play the titular pie-maker opposite 2-time Grammy® winner Jason Mraz as Dr. Pomatter.

"When the audience comes in, it changes the temperature of what you've written." -Stephen Sondheim

CindersGolightly Profile Photo
CindersGolightly
#39Who do you think will replace Betsy Wolfe in Waitress?
Posted: 11/29/17 at 10:11am

Shocker.

They/them. "Get up the nerve to be all you deserve to be."

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#40Who do you think will replace Betsy Wolfe in Waitress?
Posted: 11/29/17 at 10:15am

So she is coming in a week after Betsy leaves, rather than that Tuesday?

rfksansiro
#41Who do you think will replace Betsy Wolfe in Waitress?
Posted: 11/29/17 at 10:22am

Buried in the articles is the statement that Betsy Wolfe will now take her final bow on January 14 and not January 9 as previously scheduled.

JennH
#42Who do you think will replace Betsy Wolfe in Waitress?
Posted: 11/29/17 at 10:25am

Why though.... honestly thought this show stood on it's own merit, but I guess not  indecision

I'd just rather see some new, greatly talented blood finally earn their reward. Guess that's too much to wish for.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#43Who do you think will replace Betsy Wolfe in Waitress?
Posted: 11/29/17 at 10:35am

it was strongly rumored that Sara was returning this winter. Sucks it's only for 6 weeks though. I wonder how much longer the show will have after February 25?

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#44Who do you think will replace Betsy Wolfe in Waitress?
Posted: 11/29/17 at 10:52am

ACL2006 said: "it was strongly rumored that Sara was returning this winter. Sucks it's only for 6 weeks though. I wonder how much longer the show will have after February 25?"

Hard to say without knowing who will be in the cast at that point.

Call_me_jorge
#45Who do you think will replace Betsy Wolfe in Waitress?
Posted: 11/29/17 at 10:52am

rfksansiro said: "Buried in the articles is the statement that Betsy Wolfe will now take her final bow on January 14 and not January 9 as previously scheduled."

Nope. Still the ninth. BWW has it wrong https://twitter.com/betsywolfe/status/935898054401589249

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

JennH
#46Who do you think will replace Betsy Wolfe in Waitress?
Posted: 11/29/17 at 10:57am

Also...I could have sworn Chris left the show, did I just make that up?? I swear I saw someone took over Ogie...

Call_me_jorge
#47Who do you think will replace Betsy Wolfe in Waitress?
Posted: 11/29/17 at 11:00am

JennH said: "Also...I could have sworn Chris left the show, did I just make that up?? I swear Isaw someone took over Ogie..."

You didn’t. Someone took over for 3 weeks, while Chris was on a Playbill cruise. David Josefsberg left on the 19th

Call_me_jorge
#48Who do you think will replace Betsy Wolfe in Waitress?
Posted: 11/29/17 at 11:04am

Do you guys think they deliberately asked Anna Kendrick to post that Instagram picture just throw the stans off?

Emma White Profile Photo
Emma White
#49Who do you think will replace Betsy Wolfe in Waitress?
Posted: 11/29/17 at 11:04am

Hopefully the producers come to their senses and close with Sara in February. I love Waitress but it's time. They can't keep calling Sara in every time they need to boost their sales.

"Nice is different than good."

LYLS3637 Profile Photo
LYLS3637
#50Who do you think will replace Betsy Wolfe in Waitress?
Posted: 11/29/17 at 11:22am

Emma White said: "Hopefully the producers come to their senses and close with Sara in February. I love Waitress but it's time. They can't keep calling Sara in every time they need to boost their sales."

Why not? If it's successful, who cares how many times she comes in and out? If people are still paying premium prices, they'd be dumb not to keep throwing her in there.

"I shall stay until the wind changes."

Videos