Six at the ART

ggersten Profile Photo
ggersten
#25Six at the ART
Posted: 8/26/19 at 11:47am

I have no idea what contracts the actors have but Brittney Mack spoke like she was signed for Broadway if Broadway happened, before Broadway was even announced. Samantha Pauly was the first Howard in Chicago but is performing Evita in London through September. She may be rejoining just as Adrianna Hicks has rejoined in Boston.

Updated On: 8/26/19 at 11:47 AM

Impossible2
#26Six at the ART
Posted: 8/26/19 at 12:01pm

Wee Thomas2 said: "Matinee yesterday started at 2:10pm, give or take 2 minutes, so 7:30 dinner res might be tough as it is a slow emptying theater.

Btw, the preshow music is quite good, but subtle
"

I love the medieval version of Sia's Chandelier!

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#27Six at the ART
Posted: 8/26/19 at 4:44pm

Samantha Pauly was the first Howard in Chicago but is performing Evita in London through September. She may be rejoining just as Adrianna Hicks has rejoined in Boston.

Keeping fingers crossed that Pauly rejoins for Edmonton, St. Paul and Broadway.  She was a better fit with the rest of the cast.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

JeaniusIsMe Profile Photo
JeaniusIsMe
#28Six at the ART
Posted: 8/26/19 at 4:52pm

Per her Instagram, Pauly will be back starting with the Edmonton run of the show.

Wee Thomas2 Profile Photo
Wee Thomas2
#29Six at the ART
Posted: 8/26/19 at 7:10pm

Impossible2 said: "Wee Thomas2 said: "Matinee yesterday started at 2:10pm, give or take 2 minutes, so 7:30 dinner res might be tough as it is a slow emptying theater.

Btw, the preshow music is quite good, but subtle
"

I love the medieval version of Sia's Chandelier!
"

My fave was "Toxic"

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#30Six at the ART
Posted: 8/26/19 at 8:18pm

Oh! I LOVED the pre-show music!

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Mister Matt
#31Six at the ART
Posted: 8/27/19 at 9:01am

Per her Instagram, Pauly will be back starting with the Edmonton run of the show.

YAY!

And yes, the harpsichord pre-show music is so fun.

Mister Matt
#32Six at the ART
Posted: 8/28/19 at 8:56am

Raves!

What Did Critics Think of Six at American Repertory Theater?

starcatchers Profile Photo
starcatchers
#33Six at the ART
Posted: 8/28/19 at 6:17pm

Saw the matinee today and fell fully in love. I’ve been listening to the recording for a while but nothing beats seeing the production live. The show started about twenty minutes late, after an announcement about “minor technical issues.” I’m seeing it again tonight before I head back to NY.

the artist formerly known as dancingthrulife04 Check out my Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/dreamanddrift And please consider donating to my Ride to Remember, benefitting the Alzheimer's Association: http://act.alz.org/site/TR?fr_id=8200&pg=personal&px=6681234

gray_area
#34Six at the ART
Posted: 8/28/19 at 6:55pm

I LOVED this. From the pre-show music to the songs and performances! What a fun night and I want to go back soon!

downhillskier
#35Six at the ART
Posted: 8/29/19 at 11:37am

LOVED it!

Teriffic Fun show! Great cast, great music &, funny . HIstory made so current .After seeing it last Friday, I thought the lenght was just right . I was previously concerned that it would be too short. As much as I would have liked to enjoy for a longer time period, I felt it worked in the 75ish minutes. THey told their story and made it fun, can't imagine how it could be lengthened.

The gals were great at ART's wonderfully civilized indoor "stage door"

Soo fortunate that we could enjoy this locally at the small ,intimate, and reasonably priced ART( not a bad seat in the house)

IMO it should do great on broadway. Happy to see the rave in the Boston Globe.

ggersten Profile Photo
ggersten
#36Six at the ART
Posted: 8/29/19 at 1:14pm

As my daughter is going tonite, I phoned the Box Office to see what the status was on recording the megasix.  Alas, there still is no recording allowed. The Box Office also said it was for the entire run - so whatever attempts ART made haven't yet worked.

wish i were here2 Profile Photo
wish i were here2
#37Six at the ART
Posted: 8/29/19 at 1:22pm

Saw the matinee yesterday and it was great, I will try to see it again on Broadway in the spring! I had one of the $25 seats and it was perfect. The cast was all around great and each queen were really high energy and brought out all the stops......but, I wonder if they will all transfer to Broadway, or if it will be a completely different cast, only time will tell. 

There was apparently a technical difficulty prior to the show starting so it started about 20-25 minutes late, but the show itself was exactly 75 minutes. The only thing is, as of yesterday, MegaSix is still not allowed to be taped, but hopefully that will change.

Lastly, I NEED the pre-show harpsichord playlist, it was full of bops and was honestly bangin' LOL

starcatchers
#38Six at the ART
Posted: 9/1/19 at 10:22pm

Has anyone on here sat in those partial view seats on the far sides of the orchestra (the ones that look like they’re on the stage)? I’m wondering how the view is for the price.

the artist formerly known as dancingthrulife04 Check out my Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/dreamanddrift And please consider donating to my Ride to Remember, benefitting the Alzheimer's Association: http://act.alz.org/site/TR?fr_id=8200&pg=personal&px=6681234

ggersten Profile Photo
ggersten
#39Six at the ART
Posted: 9/1/19 at 11:20pm

Two tidbits per daughter:

1.  They apparently say "Cambridge" and not "Boston" or "New England"

2. Instead of "take your phones out, you're gonna wanna film this" since there is no filming, Cleves says "tell your friends, they're gonna wanna see this."

xmaschild
#40Six at the ART
Posted: 9/2/19 at 4:34pm

downhillskier said: "LOVED it!

Teriffic Fun show! Great cast, great music &, funny . HIstory made so current .After seeing it last Friday, I thought the lenght was just right . I was previously concerned that it would be too short. As much as I would have liked to enjoy for a longer time period, I felt it worked in the 75ish minutes. THey told their story and made it fun, can't imagine how it could be lengthened.

Soo fortunate that we could enjoy this locally at the small ,intimate, and reasonably priced ART( not a bad seat in the house)

"

Can you provide more information about the indoor "stage door"?  We are going to the matinee in a couple of weeks and my 13 year old daughter is dying to meet the cast and/or get a picture.  Thank you!

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#41Six at the ART
Posted: 9/2/19 at 4:37pm

The actors  come thru the lobby, so the stage door is just inside. The "line" is to the left of the box office. (When facing it.)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.
Updated On: 9/3/19 at 04:37 PM

starcatchers
#42Six at the ART
Posted: 9/2/19 at 5:23pm

xmaschild said: "downhillskier said: "LOVED it!

"

Can you provide more information about the indoor "stage door"? We are going to the matinee in a couple of weeks and my 13 year old daughter is dying to meet the cast and/or get a picture. Thank you!
"

unfortunately we were told the other day that the cast does not come out after matinees  

magictodo123
#43Six at the ART
Posted: 9/3/19 at 7:27am

Is it still impossible to judge how this show will do on Broadway or does this give us somewhat of an idea? Obviously we won't know until some box office numbers come in, but just curious....

YvanEhtNioj Profile Photo
YvanEhtNioj
#44Six at the ART
Posted: 9/3/19 at 11:00am

It's been pretty successful during every other run with audience reception, critical acclaim, and finances so I think that's a pretty good sign.  

Sidenote: My little sister used that stupid Tik Tok app which apparently Six is really big on. The other day she asked me if she could come visit me so we can see "the beheaded show". TOTES KUTTTEEE.

Miss Keisha? Miss Keisha? Miss Keishhhaaaa?

seahag2 Profile Photo
seahag2
#45Six at the ART
Posted: 9/4/19 at 2:40am

My first encounter with Six was the viral tiktok dance to "Don't Lose Ur Head"

sorry not sorry!

so I smile like Mona Lisa and I lay my Visa down

showchoirguy Profile Photo
showchoirguy
#46Six at the ART
Posted: 9/4/19 at 3:39pm

Anyone know the likelihood of an extension? I’m visiting Boston the week after closing and I have my fingers crossed but I’m not too familiar with Boston theatre.

ggersten Profile Photo
ggersten
#47Six at the ART
Posted: 9/4/19 at 5:27pm

showchoirguy said: "Anyone know the likelihood of an extension? I’m visiting Boston the week after closing and I have my fingers crossed but I’m not too familiar with Boston theatre."

The show was not scheduled to start in Edmonton until November 1.  So there is some time between the announced ART closing and November 1 for an extension. But, I don't see the Edmonton stop anymore on the main sixthemusical webpage.  But, it's on The Citadel's webpage!

Scarlet Leigh Profile Photo
Scarlet Leigh
#48Six at the ART
Posted: 9/4/19 at 7:10pm

ggersten said: "showchoirguy said: "Anyone know the likelihood of an extension? I’m visiting Boston the week after closing and I have my fingers crossed but I’m not too familiar with Boston theatre."

The show was not scheduled to start in Edmonton until November 1. So there is some time between the announced ART closing and November 1 for an extension. But, I don't see the Edmonton stop anymore on the main sixthemusical webpage. But, it's on The Citadel's webpage!

"

I was wondering if because of the added stop between Edmonton and Broadway now thrown in.... could Edmonton be a different cast? Like a cast of girls they are going to take to New York as Alt queens? I know that seems really odd but with the end of Edmonton and the start of St. Paul SO close to one another, could they use The Citadel to train up their alternates while giving the main girls a little break between ART and St. Paul. No casting for Edmonton has ever been OFFICIALLY announced.

VotePeron Profile Photo
VotePeron
#49Six at the ART
Posted: 9/4/19 at 8:18pm

Also, SIX London did a "flash mob" at the Tower of London last week, and it's SO CUTE. They need to do this in Central Park next summer, it would draw a massive crowd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tf_8sOA-RjI

Videos