pixeltracker

Shakespeare in the Park Returning This Summer!!!- Page 2

Shakespeare in the Park Returning This Summer!!!

kade.ivy Profile Photo
kade.ivy
#25Shakespeare in the Park Returning This Summer!!!
Posted: 6/24/21 at 4:50pm

Rehearsal photos and increased capacity news:

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Photo-Flash-Go-Inside-Rehearsals-for-Shakespeare-in-the-Parks-MERRY-WIVES-Increased-Audience-Capacity-Announced-20210624

Masks outdoors, especially in the vaccinated section, seems a bit…overboard to me?

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#26Shakespeare in the Park Returning This Summer!!!
Posted: 6/24/21 at 5:11pm

Everyone deserves to feel safe especially with the Delta variant going around. Happy to wear one as always. 

sorano916 Profile Photo
sorano916
#27Shakespeare in the Park Returning This Summer!!!
Posted: 6/24/21 at 9:41pm

kade.ivy said: "Masks outdoors, especially in the vaccinated section, seems a bit…overboard to me?"

Reading more into it, it sounds like that directive is from the unions:

"however, all patrons over the age of two must wear an approved mask to enter the theater in accordance with theatrical union requirements"

That being said, even though I'm vaccinated, I still wear a mask out in public. Bonus is to avoid some of the unpleasant smells of the city. LOL.

BroadwayRox3588 Profile Photo
BroadwayRox3588
#28Shakespeare in the Park Returning This Summer!!!
Posted: 6/24/21 at 10:05pm

I'd much rather see theatre while wearing a mask, then continue being without it until 2022 or later without one.

Let's count our blessings.

kade.ivy Profile Photo
kade.ivy
#29Shakespeare in the Park Returning This Summer!!!
Posted: 6/24/21 at 10:09pm

Definitely, Rox. Hoping to be there opening week, masked. The policy does seem to be in accordance with AEA’s guidelines, which seem a bit 2020 to me, but…what are you gonna do?

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#30Shakespeare in the Park Returning This Summer!!!
Posted: 6/25/21 at 8:48pm

That may change in Aug or Sep but I think it's good they're playing it safe especially during the first few weeks.

AntV
#31Shakespeare in the Park Returning This Summer!!!
Posted: 6/29/21 at 12:26pm

I won for 2 tickets but when I did the checkout it said 2 tickets weren't available and only let me choose 1. This happen to anyone else?

#1Elphie Profile Photo
#1Elphie
#32Shakespeare in the Park Returning This Summer!!!
Posted: 6/29/21 at 2:20pm

AntV said: "I won for 2 tickets but when I did the checkout it said 2 tickets weren't available and only let me choose 1. This happen to anyone else?"

I was able to check out with two tickets (full capacity section). 

kade.ivy Profile Photo
kade.ivy
#33Shakespeare in the Park Returning This Summer!!!
Posted: 6/29/21 at 2:30pm

Glad to see folks winning! No luck for me opening night. Will try again Friday for 6/8, and eager to hear about standby options!

AntV-the social distanced section was “sold” in single pods of two, IIRC. Could that be what you’re seeing? Just a thought!

alexidarling15
#34Shakespeare in the Park Returning This Summer!!!
Posted: 6/29/21 at 2:35pm

I won for Tuesday, full capacity, with a two-ticket request, and when I tried to check out, I was told only one ticket was available. I refreshed and tried again and it told me no tickets were available. *Then* I tried from a different device and successfully got two tickets. So if this happens to anyone else, keep trying!!

Updated On: 6/29/21 at 02:35 PM

AntV
#35Shakespeare in the Park Returning This Summer!!!
Posted: 6/29/21 at 4:54pm

I emailed them about only being able to obtain 1 ticket and they changed my order to 2 tickets. Hopefully all is well and there's no issues when I go to pick them up. Good luck to everyone else here!

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#36Shakespeare in the Park Returning This Summer!!!
Posted: 6/30/21 at 3:12pm

Even thought I'm fully vaxxed, I'd rather sit in the other section because at least they're socially distancing and have to wear masks.

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#37Shakespeare in the Park Returning This Summer!!!
Posted: 7/1/21 at 7:25am

I downloaded the Goldstar app, but I can’t find Merry Wives of Windsor. I would like to enter tomorrow. What am I doing wrong?

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#38Shakespeare in the Park Returning This Summer!!!
Posted: 7/1/21 at 10:22am

everythingtaboo said: "Even thought I'm fully vaxxed, I'd rather sit in the other section because at least they're socially distancing and have to wear masks."

Are there separate lotteries for the 2 seating sections (social distanced/not social distanced) or do they give you the option where you wish to sit after you win the lottery?

sorano916 Profile Photo
sorano916
#39Shakespeare in the Park Returning This Summer!!!
Posted: 7/1/21 at 1:57pm

macnyc said: "I downloaded the Goldstar app, but I can’t find MerryWives of Windsor. I would like to enter tomorrow. What am I doing wrong?"

Look under "Merry Wives" and a giant banner about the lottery should appear. At least it did for me.

Wick3 said: "Are there separate lotteries for the 2 seating sections (social distanced/not social distanced) or do they give you the option where you wish to sit after you win the lottery?

I believe you there's different lotteries for each section so you have to select before knowing if you won or not.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#40Shakespeare in the Park Returning This Summer!!!
Posted: 7/2/21 at 12:16pm

Thank you sorano916!

I used the Goldstar app this morning to enter every lottery I was eligible for (the ones that aren't wheelchair accessible) and I won 2 tix in the vaccinated full capacity section for next weekend!

So excited! Now am thinking whether I should read the play beforehand or just go and enjoy the evening! Am so excited for next week!

kade.ivy Profile Photo
kade.ivy
#41Shakespeare in the Park Returning This Summer!!!
Posted: 7/2/21 at 1:04pm

Wick3 said: "Thank you sorano916!

I used the Goldstar app this morning to enter every lottery I was eligible for (the ones that aren't wheelchair accessible) and I won 2 tix in the vaccinated full capacity section for next weekend!

So excited! Now am thinking whether I should read the play beforehand or just go and enjoy the evening! Am so excited for next week!
"

Congratulations! I also won for next Thursday! 

willep
#42Shakespeare in the Park Returning This Summer!!!
Posted: 7/2/21 at 6:12pm

What is the time window on the lottery each week? I know it is the Tuesday and Friday, but haven’t seen anything on what time. Thanks!

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#43Shakespeare in the Park Returning This Summer!!!
Posted: 7/2/21 at 8:05pm

willep said: "What is the time window on the lottery each week? I know it is the Tuesday and Friday, but haven’t seen anything on what time. Thanks!"

It’s 12 midnight to 12 noon to enter. You will get notification the same day. 

I’m seeing the show July 10! Very excited. It will be my first show back. I didn’t win, but a friend did, and I’m her plus one!

SmokeyLady Profile Photo
SmokeyLady
#44Shakespeare in the Park Returning This Summer!!!
Posted: 7/2/21 at 9:12pm

macnyc said: "willep said: "What is the time window on the lottery each week? I know it is the Tuesday and Friday, but haven’t seen anything on what time. Thanks!"

It’s 12 midnight to 12 noon to enter. You will get notification the same day.

I’m seeing the show July 10! Very excited. It will be my first show back. I didn’t win, but a friend did, and I’m her plus one!
"

I’m going the 10th as well.  Gosh I hope this heat and humidity gets under control.

willep
LightsOut90
#46Shakespeare in the Park Returning This Summer!!!
Posted: 7/3/21 at 7:49pm

interestingly they are still offering a standby line

anthony84
#47Shakespeare in the Park Returning This Summer!!!
Posted: 7/5/21 at 7:21pm

I understand why they are doing advance tickets this year, but it is inconvenient for an outdoor event.

I won tickets for a performance later this week and it's looking like it will rain that evening. I have no intention of going in the rain so I am hoping the weather forecast changes, but if not I will be a no show.

Does anyone know if we are allowed to enter and win again if we don't use a previous pair of tickets?

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#48Shakespeare in the Park Returning This Summer!!!
Posted: 7/6/21 at 12:13pm

Looks like it may rain this evening. Hopefully it won't end up raining but either way, for those of you watching the first opening tonight, enjoy!!!!!

Sauja Profile Photo
Sauja
#49Shakespeare in the Park Returning This Summer!!!
Posted: 7/6/21 at 3:07pm

Does anyone know if you can enter for the physically distanced AND full capacity lottos for the same performance? I want to up my chances of winning (no luck so far!) but don't want to get myself knocked out of contention if that gets you blocked. 

Hope that, rain or shine, they're able to do the full show for an audience tonight and that whoever goes has a wonderful time! I'm tempted to try the standby line tonight, but...it's awfully hot to go stand outside only to potentially not get in! 

Videos