pixeltracker

MERRILY will transfer next fall- Page 2

MERRILY will transfer next fall

Nicticorax
#25MERRILY will transfer next falli
Posted: 12/16/22 at 2:09pm

So glad this is happening! Although sad the only time I can make it to NY is summer and not fall.

ashley0139
#26MERRILY will transfer next falli
Posted: 12/16/22 at 4:33pm

Anshel2 said: "So happy that it is transferring, but it will lose something in a traditional theater. Circle in the Square or Helen Hayes would be ideal for this show. It was wonderful seeing the show in the small NYTW space. Tickets pop up every now and then for the current production. Even with the transfer, you should still try to see it in this space."

I have tried every single day, multiple times a day and have never seen even one pop up. Not saying they don't, but I haven't seen it happen a single time.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

schubox
#27MERRILY will transfer next falli
Posted: 12/16/22 at 5:44pm

https://merrilyonbroadway.com/

saxpower
#28MERRILY will transfer next falli
Posted: 12/22/22 at 12:51pm

Playbill Vault's homepage has it under "opening soon" with a date of October 26.(Which is just before when I usually do my yearly Broadway weekend!)

amiyagi
#29MERRILY will transfer next falli
Posted: 12/22/22 at 1:52pm

Ugh...please have a long preview period! I'm in NYC Oct 4-6 MERRILY will transfer next falli 

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#30MERRILY will transfer next falli
Posted: 12/22/22 at 2:42pm

Well a preview/opening date has not been announced. Playbill has all the same info as us so that must be a typo.

chrishuyen
#31MERRILY will transfer next falli
Posted: 3/15/23 at 3:10pm

Looks like this is going to the Hudson!  Performances beginning September 19 for an 18 week limited engagement, presale starts March 23 and general on sale March 24.

https://playbill.com/article/merrily-we-roll-along-revival-finds-its-broadway-theatre-sets-dates

jpbran Profile Photo
jpbran
#32MERRILY will transfer next falli
Posted: 3/15/23 at 3:15pm

Trying to sign up for presale; keep getting error message. indecision

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#33MERRILY will transfer next falli
Posted: 3/15/23 at 3:18pm

Only 18 weeks?! Jeez...I figured they'd at least have the trio for 6 months, but perhaps extensions are built in.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#34MERRILY will transfer next falli
Posted: 3/15/23 at 3:19pm

I was able to sign up with no issue. Was hoping to see the first preview but I’m seeing “Rebecca” in London that night MERRILY will transfer next falli

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#35MERRILY will transfer next falli
Posted: 3/15/23 at 3:21pm

I hope it does well and extends!

Dylan Smith4 Profile Photo
Dylan Smith4
#36MERRILY will transfer next falli
Posted: 3/15/23 at 3:25pm

Just signed up for early access! Definitely gonna book this ASAP!

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#37MERRILY will transfer next falli
Posted: 3/15/23 at 6:18pm

schubox
#38MERRILY will transfer next falli
Posted: 3/15/23 at 6:20pm

Where is the best place to sit in the Hudson? Probably going to pony up to see this as I'm pretty damn excited to see this show and cast. 

schubox
#39MERRILY will transfer next falli
Posted: 3/15/23 at 6:24pm

Where are you signing up for the presale? The official site?

Elsie2
#40MERRILY will transfer next falli
Posted: 3/15/23 at 7:29pm

Yes - I signed up with the official site and about an hour ago received notification from them that I'll receive a pre sale access code on 23rd. Now just wondering what seat to go for! Wondering if it'll break the internet like when I tried to book Old Friends last week! 

pethian Profile Photo
pethian
#41MERRILY will transfer next falli
Posted: 3/15/23 at 7:46pm

I've only ever sat downstairs at the Hudson and I find that the pitch of the floor makes for uncomfortable seating. You feel as if you are tilting forward. Is the seating upstairs more comfortable?

JasonC3
#42MERRILY will transfer next falli
Posted: 3/15/23 at 8:06pm

I almost always opt for Dress Circle at the Hudson and have never found it uncomfortable.

amiyagi
#43MERRILY will transfer next falli
Posted: 3/15/23 at 8:07pm

Jordan Catalano said: "I was able to sign up with no issue. Was hoping to see the first preview but I’m seeing “Rebecca” in London that night MERRILY will transfer next falli"

Haha same - seeing it the day after though. 

I wonder if they'll extend but I don't want to bank on it. 

pethian Profile Photo
pethian
#44MERRILY will transfer next falli
Posted: 3/15/23 at 8:12pm

JasonC3 said: "I almost always opt for Dress Circle at the Hudson and have never found it uncomfortable."

Thanks! I'll give it a try.

chrishuyen
#45MERRILY will transfer next falli
Posted: 3/15/23 at 11:19pm

On the contrary I thought the orchestra seating in the Hudson was fairly good.  I'd go maybe a third to halfway back from the stage but it really feels quite intimate even if you're not in the first few rows.  I'm sure the dress circle is fine as well but the balcony is just so far removed.

schubox
#46MERRILY will transfer next falli
Posted: 3/16/23 at 12:00pm

Elsie2 said: "Yes - I signed up with the official site and about an hour ago received notification from them that I'll receive a pre sale access code on 23rd. Now just wondering what seat to go for! Wondering if it'll break the internet like when I tried to book Old Friends last week!"

Huh, I signed up and never got anything. Hopefully they'll send it to me 

schubox
#47MERRILY will transfer next falli
Posted: 3/16/23 at 12:02pm

chrishuyen said: "On the contrary I thought the orchestra seating in the Hudson was fairly good. I'd go maybe a third to halfway back from the stage but it really feels quite intimate even if you're not in the first few rows. I'm sure the dress circle is fine as well but the balcony is just so far removed."

I've only been once for Burn This and I was in the balcony, and it did feel very very removed. 

JasonC3
#48MERRILY will transfer next falli
Posted: 3/16/23 at 12:40pm

schubox said: "Elsie2 said: "Yes - I signed up with the official site and about an hour ago received notification from them that I'll receive a pre sale access code on 23rd. Now just wondering what seat to go for! Wondering if it'll break the internet like when I tried to book Old Friends last week!"

Huh, I signed up and never got anything. Hopefully they'll send it to me
"

Mine email with the same info came about 24 hours after I signed up.

Age_of_Mendacity
#49MERRILY will transfer next falli
Posted: 3/16/23 at 12:45pm

Looks like NYTW members get priority

From them today:

As a 2022/23 member of New York Theatre Workshop, we’ve arranged for you to have priority access to purchase Broadway tickets during the pre-sale period on Thursday, March 23. Keep an eye on your inbox for your access information!

Videos