pixeltracker

Broadway flea market 2023 collectors unite!!- Page 2

Broadway flea market 2023 collectors unite!!

stoptheworld38 Profile Photo
stoptheworld38
#25Broadway flea market 2023 collectors unite!!
Posted: 9/30/23 at 6:18pm

If anyone going would be so kind/generous as to keep their eyes peeled for any unusual/rare (but reasonably priced - say $30 -$40ish or less) Come From Away and/or Hadestown items I would be very grateful! In particular if they have the Hadestown t-shirts with the 2021 September reopening date (size small or medium ideally) and re-opening and/or closing cast signed CFA playbills, and/or the pride one with the longest-running show sticker and/or button. Will gladly reimburse you for whatever it is selling for there plus any shipping cost🙂 (Please do not offer if you are going to significantly upcharge me) 

In addition if anyone finds a magnet and/or pin from any of the following: 
-Matilda 
-Once On This Island 
-The Band’s Visit 
-Anastasia (pin, have magnet) 
-DEH 
-Company (2022) 
-Waitress 
(Trying to collect them from shows I’ve seen that I don’t have them for) 

Thanks in advance! 

you found your heart but left a part of you behind <3

VintageSnarker
#26Broadway flea market 2023 collectors unite!!
Posted: 9/30/23 at 8:48pm

I guess we're committing to this thread then? I don't think I have it in me to go early and hang around. I'll probably shoot for mid-afternoon and hope I leave with fewer heavy things to carry as I couldn't find a backpack.

BoringBoredBoard40
#27Broadway flea market 2023 collectors unite!!
Posted: 9/30/23 at 10:29pm

I predict right now that David Byrne will have the longest photo booth line of the day.

rpvee2
#28Broadway flea market 2023 collectors unite!!
Posted: 10/1/23 at 11:34am

If anyone can let me know if they see anything from The Band’s Visit, that would mean the world!! It’s the only show I collect.

northlandfan
#29Broadway flea market 2023 collectors unite!!
Posted: 10/1/23 at 11:51am

Tons of great  stuff this year and very reasonable prices. The crowds are starting to get heavy! Please let me know if there’s anything you want me to look out for. Thanks.

stoptheworld38 Profile Photo
stoptheworld38
#30Broadway flea market 2023 collectors unite!!
Posted: 10/1/23 at 12:01pm

northlandfan said: "Tons of great stuff this year and very reasonable prices. The crowds are starting to get heavy! Please let me know if there’s anything you want me to look out for. Thanks."

Can you keep your eyes peeled for rare/special edition but affordable Come From Away and/or Hadestown stuff? Willing to pay up to $30-$40 for a single item or less plus shipping. 

you found your heart but left a part of you behind <3

Theatrefanboy1
#31Broadway flea market 2023 collectors unite!!
Posted: 10/1/23 at 12:45pm

Probably a long shot… anyone by the Phantom table??

Costume ( anything phantom raoul Christine …mask or monkey music box (though I’m being realistic of the likelihood of either being in my budget)

Props( music pieces, letters, chandelier beads&hellipBroadway flea market 2023 collectors unite!!

Not interested in any buttons . pins. Jackets. bags…. Nothing signed unless it’s like  Sarah brightman Webber or Michael Crawford (but not like Michael Crawford fan club photo)… not really into window cards  or playbills or programs ( unless maybe if they have the final program (the one in tissue paper)  I’m more interested in something/s that could be of interest in like a display.  

Budget -$150-$225.  ( $250 max. If it’s something you see and think I have to have this) 

Just let me know what it comes to and I’ll etransfer you right away. 

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#32Broadway flea market 2023 collectors unite!!
Posted: 10/1/23 at 12:50pm

Did a few laps around the market this morning and picked up the following...

-Phantom exclusive closing night souvenir program

-Into the Woods souvenir program

-Assorted marquee postcards from Anything Goes, The King and I, Bullets Over Broadway, On the Town, and On the Twentieth Century

-Magnets from Hedwig and the Angry Inch with Neil Patrick Harris, Tina, and Priscilla

-Frozen pen

Great turnout this year for sure with a lot of great stuff. Super crowded, but everyone was very polite and well mannered.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

JuneJune
#33Broadway flea market 2023 collectors unite!!
Posted: 10/1/23 at 1:40pm

bwayphreak234 said: "Great turnout this year for sure with a lot of great stuff. Super crowded, but everyone was very polite and well mannered."

I'm glad you had a different experience from me... By the Creative Goods table, one man purposely pushed my shoulder so he could hog one of the t-shirt boxes. I would have scooted if he asked.

edit: wrong table

Updated On: 10/1/23 at 01:40 PM

Listener
#34Broadway flea market 2023 collectors unite!!
Posted: 10/1/23 at 2:41pm

bwayphreak234 said: "Did a few laps around the market this morning and picked up the following...

-Phantom exclusive closing night souvenir program

-Into the Woods souvenir program

-Assorted marquee postcards from Anything Goes, The King and I, Bullets Over Broadway, On the Town, and On the Twentieth Century

-Magnets from Hedwig and the Angry Inch with Neil Patrick Harris, Tina, and Priscilla

-Frozen pen

Great turnout this year for sure with a lot of great stuff. Super crowded, but everyone was very polite and well mannered.
"

How much was the exclusive closing night Phantom book?

I couldnt get to the Flea - got sick and just had to give up.

If anyone sees any Sunset Boulevard merch with Betty Buckley on it, please pick it up for me! I'd love a windowcard or ad with her in costume.

I also hoped to get a Phantom candle prop but apparently there are none left?

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#35Broadway flea market 2023 collectors unite!!
Posted: 10/1/23 at 2:49pm

Listener said: "How much was the exclusive closing night Phantom book?

I paid $50. I saw them being sold at a couple different tables (all for $50 - at least that was the price this morning).

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

Listener
#36Broadway flea market 2023 collectors unite!!
Posted: 10/1/23 at 2:59pm

If anyone sees one in good condition - no bends or tears - please pick it up. I will reimburse :)

Theatrefanboy1
#37Broadway flea market 2023 collectors unite!!
Posted: 10/1/23 at 3:36pm

If anyone sees a phantom closing book as well (the program. Not the playbill) with no bends or tears. can you please pick up.  I can etransfer. Thanks

Listener
#38Broadway flea market 2023 collectors unite!!
Posted: 10/1/23 at 3:44pm

Theatrefanboy1 said: "If anyone sees a phantom closing book as well (the program. Not the playbill) with no bends or tears. can you please pick up. I can etransfer. Thanks"

Hey....! Copy cat!

ME FIRST! ME FIRST! lol

VintageSnarker
#39Broadway flea market 2023 collectors unite!!
Posted: 10/1/23 at 4:04pm

What closed shows were represented at Creative Goods and Curtain Call?

Anything from Funny Girl or KPOP? Updated On: 10/1/23 at 04:04 PM

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#40Broadway flea market 2023 collectors unite!!
Posted: 10/1/23 at 4:45pm

I managed to get an Into the Woods signed window card for $20 before noon. It was signed by Stephanie J. Block & Andy Karl, as I can tell. Haven't looked over the rest yet.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

Theatrefanboy1
#41Broadway flea market 2023 collectors unite!!
Posted: 10/1/23 at 4:53pm

Listener said: "Theatrefanboy1 said: "If anyone sees a phantom closing book as well (the program. Not the playbill) with no bends or tears. can you please pick up. I can etransfer. Thanks"

Hey....! Copy cat!

ME FIRST! ME FIRST! lol
"

hey now- notice my first message with response to phantom closing program in my first entry (sooo I believe it would be “me first!” Broadway flea market 2023 collectors unite!!  Broadway flea market 2023 collectors unite!! 

Listener
#42Broadway flea market 2023 collectors unite!!
Posted: 10/1/23 at 5:03pm

Theatrefanboy1 said: "Listener said: "Theatrefanboy1 said: "If anyone sees a phantom closing book as well (the program. Not the playbill) with no bends or tears. can you please pick up. I can etransfer. Thanks"

Hey....! Copy cat!

ME FIRST! ME FIRST! lol
"

hey now- notice my first message with response to phantom closing program in my first entry (sooo I believe it would be “me first!” Broadway flea market 2023 collectors unite!!  Broadway flea market 2023 collectors unite!!

"

*sends Carlotta over your way to finish this discussion*

😄

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#43Broadway flea market 2023 collectors unite!!
Posted: 10/1/23 at 5:34pm

This was an overall very weak flea market year. The majority of tables seemed to be still trying to sell stuff leftover at the end of the day last year. There was some decent stuff throughout the day but again, overall just a very “meh” year. 

Fosse76
#44Broadway flea market 2023 collectors unite!!
Posted: 10/1/23 at 5:43pm

Jordan Catalano said: "The majority of tables seemed to be still trying to sell stuff leftover at the end of the day last year."

How does that differ from any other year?

scripps Profile Photo
scripps
#45Broadway flea market 2023 collectors unite!!
Posted: 10/1/23 at 7:25pm

VintageSnarker said: "What closed shows were represented at Creative Goods and Curtain Call? Anything from Funny Girl or KPOP?"

I stumbled upon the Creative Goods table when they were having a flash everything is $1 sale and picked up a KPOP fanny pack. I didn't see the show but the design is subtle enough and the fanny pack is well made with many pockets and it was a $1! There were also KPOP shirts and totes from what I could see. I asked if they had Funny Girl merch and a rep said that since it was currently on tour that they did not but likely will have it next year.

I headed down to Chelsea and walked past Timothee Chalamet and that was more eventful than any flea market within the past several years.

thedrybandit
#46Broadway flea market 2023 collectors unite!!
Posted: 10/1/23 at 8:16pm

The ATPAM table somehow had more Phantom stuff than the Phantom table did. Tons of playbills, brochures, masks from a painting competition a few years back, tons of costumes pieces, hats, shoes, and even two really special pairs of shoes, a Carlotta pair worn by Judy Kaye, and a pair worn in act two by Sarah Brightman. Those went for $550 and $750 respectively I believe.

Cape Twirl of Doom Profile Photo
Cape Twirl of Doom
#47Broadway flea market 2023 collectors unite!!
Posted: 10/1/23 at 9:02pm

BoringBoredBoard40 said: "I predict right now that David Byrne will have the longest photo booth line of the day."

Correct! David Byrne had the most people wanting photos so the price was $100. Everyone else was $20. 

"It's Phantom meets Hamlet... Phamlet!"

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#48Broadway flea market 2023 collectors unite!!
Posted: 10/1/23 at 9:11pm

Jordan Catalano said: "This was an overall very weak flea market year. The majority of tables seemed to be still trying to sell stuff leftover at the end of the day last year. There was some decent stuff throughout the day but again, overall just a very “meh” year."

I also noticed some leftover stuff from last year that were being resold this year as well. I felt it was crowded most of the day and for the most part people were polite. Whenever someone accidentally collided with me, both of us would quickly apologize or say excuse me. 

I attended the live auction and at the end they announced they raised a record-breaking number (I believe it's $500k) from the auction. Hopefully BCEFA will raise over $1 million overall from this annual event.

That London trip with business class flights ended up going for $32k (2 people were bidding against each other and in the end, they offered it for $32k to both parties and both accepted.)

Listener
#49Broadway flea market 2023 collectors unite!!
Posted: 10/1/23 at 9:24pm

thedrybandit said: "The ATPAM table somehow had more Phantom stuff than the Phantom table did. Tons of playbills, brochures, masks from a painting competition a few years back, tons of costumes pieces, hats, shoes, and even two really special pairs of shoes, a Carlotta pair worn by Judy Kaye, and a pair worn in act two by Sarah Brightman. Those went for $550 and $750 respectively I believe."

Thank you so much for this rundown! I just saw a tiktok video showing some of the costumes and things. They had those old Carlton Cards Phantom ornaments! Were they all signed? I wonder how much they were...

I hope - perhaps foolishly - that there's some Phantom stuff still waiting for next year and that this isn't the end. Hard to have missed the Flea this year as a big Phan Broadway flea market 2023 collectors unite!!

Videos